AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Anyone watch the Day of the Doctor?

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

Default Anyone watch the Day of the Doctor?

If you haven't I won't spoil it for you as it is by far the most spectacular episode ever done in my opinion and well it's just so emotional at times as well.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Default Re: Anyone watch the Day of the Doctor?

Hasn't aired yet here.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Hasn't aired yet here.
    Well, unless you watched it livestream like I did.

And it was awesome. I loved it x3

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

It was like the modern equivalent to the 3 doctors

~Neko Neko Neko~ KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Cookie Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i missed the original airing cause i was sleeping. D: Watching re-airing right now.

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Dear gods......

It was FANTASTIC

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Out of everyone I know so far only 2 people have said it was terrible and what I say to them is this, are you sure you watched the same show?

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by aether View Post
    Out of everyone I know so far only 2 people have said it was terrible and what I say to them is this, are you sure you watched the same show?
    Actually I might be one of those people that don't like it.

The reason being is it basically does away with one of the biggest events in the Doctor's life. An event that's supposed to be time locked. With no reason given why it suddenly wasn't outside of the weapon doing it. Why erase a defining moment of the Doctor. There had to have been better ways to return Gallifrey if they wanted to. But that moment should have remained. It made for good story and was just simply washed away. Simply because it was getting in the way of the writers. That said, outside of the ending it was enjoyable.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Actually I might be one of those people that don't like it.

The reason being is it basically does away with one of the biggest events in the Doctor's life. An event that's supposed to be time locked. With no reason given why it suddenly wasn't outside of the weapon doing it. Why erase a defining moment of the Doctor. There had to have been better ways to return Gallifrey if they wanted to. But that moment should have remained. It made for good story and was just simply washed away. Simply because it was getting in the way of the writers. That said, outside of the ending it was enjoyable.
    Actually, it works out, really-

Hurt and Tennant both said before disappearing that they wouldnt remember saving Gallifrey, so the Doctor lives believing he really did wipe the planet clean. Whose to say that this is a reoccurring event that is -supposed- to take place? They wont remember, so its possible they have done this countless of times before and simply dont remember, still believing Hurt killed all the time lords.

At least thats how I saw it
    Last edited by Ωmega; 11-24-2013 at 11:03 AM.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Member marisauna is on a distinguished road marisauna's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2014 01:58 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Marisauna

I recorded the first airing and the live pre-show on VCR. Can't wait to watch it!

Senior Member TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2014 10:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BishounenTao PSN ID: BishieShu XFIRE ID: snx21 Steam ID: BishieShu

I thought it would've been more better and emotional if they didn't do what they did.

Other then that, absolutely brilliant!
    ざわ。。。ざわ
    MyAnimeList
    HummingBird
    Anilist

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    Actually, it works out, really-

Hurt and Tennant both said before disappearing that they wouldnt remember saving Gallifrey, so the Doctor lives believing he really did wipe the planet clean. Whose to say that this is a reoccurring event that is -supposed- to take place? They wont remember, so its possible they have done this countless of times before and simply dont remember, still believing Hurt killed all the time lords.

At least thats how I saw it
    Yes, but that can be seen as a cop out for bad writing. I still have the commentary to watch. So I haven't completely decided yet.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yes, but that can be seen as a cop out for bad writing. I still have the commentary to watch. So I haven't completely decided yet.
    Actually it makes more sense as to why and how the doctor was able to visit Galifrey within a previous episode because had the planet been destroyed how would he have been able to visit it?

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by aether View Post
    Actually it makes more sense as to why and how the doctor was able to visit Galifrey within a previous episode because had the planet been destroyed how would he have been able to visit it?
    Except they weren't so much destroyed but put in a void dimension. After all, the Daleks where set free. In an earlier episode.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

True enough I suppose

Closed Thread

Thread Information