AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie to Bleach anime needs some advice

Junior Member IceCreamKimi is on a distinguished road IceCreamKimi's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 06:35 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Newbie to Bleach anime needs some advice

Hi

I am interested in starting a collection of this anime series but I have a few things I need to know before I begin to invest any money.

Firstly, I have never read any of the manga and am a complete newbie to the series. I have become interested in collecting the anime since I have heard it is one of the best anime series produced. I don't really have any interest in reading the manga but I do want to start watching the anime series.

From what I have read the anime series ends on episode 366 however the manga is still being produced. So from this, does the anime series have a proper ending even though the manga is still going or does it just end abruptly?

So to get to the point I don't want to waste money buying all the series if at the end I'm left with an unsatisfactory conclusion. Again please keep in mind that I have no knowledge of the manga, so if there is anything from the manga that is missing in the anime it won't bother me. What I am looking for is if the anime series can be watched from beginning to end and be a satisfactory experience just by itself, or will I be left hanging and regretting it?

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 08:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Default Re: Newbie to Bleach anime needs some advice

It's not one of the best anime series produced. It's long and drawn out in order to make money. If you're looking for your monies worth it's best to look elsewhere.

Silent Shout retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2013 04:51 PM
    Threads

If you have watched the Anime too the Aizen conclusion, then its all you need. The Manga after this point feels like a sell out.
    you call it alcoholism, i call it having a good time

AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2014 01:55 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

Quote Originally Posted by IceCreamKimi View Post
    Hi

I am interested in starting a collection of this anime series but I have a few things I need to know before I begin to invest any money.

Firstly, I have never read any of the manga and am a complete newbie to the series. I have become interested in collecting the anime since I have heard it is one of the best anime series produced. I don't really have any interest in reading the manga but I do want to start watching the anime series.

From what I have read the anime series ends on episode 366 however the manga is still being produced. So from this, does the anime series have a proper ending even though the manga is still going or does it just end abruptly?

So to get to the point I don't want to waste money buying all the series if at the end I'm left with an unsatisfactory conclusion. Again please keep in mind that I have no knowledge of the manga, so if there is anything from the manga that is missing in the anime it won't bother me. What I am looking for is if the anime series can be watched from beginning to end and be a satisfactory experience just by itself, or will I be left hanging and regretting it?
    You won't regret watching or buying the series as long as you brace yourself for a long ride. I have only seen 304 episodes of this anime, but felt it was well worth the watch and even buying the first 145 episodes was worth it. I hear it ends on a good note so no fear about that by the way.

Not anywhere near the best anime, but worth it.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!

~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

Senior Member Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Hot Dog With Ketchup Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-23-2014 06:47 AM
    Threads

I'd suggest watching it, but i don't think its worth to collect the whole anime. Also the manga is imo better, wait .. not manga i mean picturebook.

Senior Member Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-22-2014 04:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Bleach is alright with me.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

ATTENTION: New members wanted for a brand new DIGIMON forum!! It's called MEGITZ: an unfiltered DIGIMON Source . . .

If you are interested in registering and joining, the link is http://www.entermegitz.boards.net

Senior Member Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2014 05:44 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fungy Chroom

I've watched every episode and read the manga as far as it is today. It's back on weekly release, since the 'New year hiatus' has ended. The anime starts off with a really good arc, you'll love the character development in that arc. it goes a bit up and down from there, but still entertaining none the less. I'd say it's really fun to watch, the ending of the animated series isn't really satiscfactory as it's not a real 'ending'. That ending has yet to come in the manga. So as I was saying it's worth the watch and some arcs worth the rewatch, so it would be fun to have the collection. But it's 366 eps wich means a big investment. I think this show is better to have on your drive from rather 'illegal downloading means' than to invest in. If I'd invest I'd rather in shows like Hellsing ultimate or Cowboy bebop. Shorter shows with high entertaining values, as you'll get more shows with consistently high quality material. More shows /higher quality.

But if you like shohen anime bleach is really good. On the level of Naruto/One piece.

Hope this helped a bit, if you have more questions feel free to ask.

~Getsuga Tenshou to you all
    He's just a dandy guy, in space.

Junior Member Xenobane is on a distinguished road Xenobane's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2014 04:02 AM
    Threads

From my experience, if you do buy it, do yourself a favour and look up which filler episodes to skip, because they do ruin the flow of the actual good part of it. But then, it might feel like a waste of money to have bought filler episodes you won't watch :/

Truly though, the annoying filler is the reason I stopped watching the show way back when. Otherwise it was a fairly engaging series.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information