AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Playstation 4: Better Graphics. ...but is that all?

Heartless Angel Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Cake Heart Katana
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2024 01:42 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Playstation 4: Better Graphics. ...but is that all?

This is a little discussion I had with a friend of mine and I wondered what AF members would think.

I read that the SONY company says that the full potental of the Playstation 3 has not been pushed to it's full limits. I understand that the Playstation 4 will be given a better graphics card, but is there anything else the Playstation 4 will have that Playstation 3 doesnt have already?
    I can only post one day a week. ...Phooey.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Playstation 4: Better Graphics. ...but is that all?

The main problem that the comparison of the Playstation 3 to the Xbox 360 has is that they use fairly different hardware architecture, which has made it difficult for developers to code games that accurately take full advantage of the differences in performance of each console.

This, coupled with the fact that apparently working with the PS3's hardware is more difficult than the Xbox, is why often many multi-platform games look similar or identical, or in some cases perform worse on the PS3 (which is easily the more powerful console).

Now, with this in mind, the architecture of the next-gen consoles - namely the PS4 and Xbox One, are not only both similar to one another, but much more similar to technology used for modern PCs. In short developing games for both consoles will be easier, and that should mean that the PS4's capabilities should be much easier to understand.

I am also not biased towards either console, like some people may be. Whilst on paper the PS4 seems the superior of the two next-gen (and likely will be once released), I'm not going to point fingers or state promises. I'm waiting until proof, though it won't affect my choice since I consider graphics secondary to the actual gameplay involved.

/essay
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

Between 2.16-3.19, this video pretty much sums up my opinion of the PS4. Technically it does have some new features over the PS3 imo; but whether you'll like them or not is another matter...

Warning: If you are a minor, it is strongly advised to consult a parent (or guardian) before watching this video, as it contains frequent instances of mild profanity and one instance of the "C" word.

Last edited by .:neuko:.; 10-08-2013 at 01:05 AM.

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Kawaiislice Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2023 10:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kagxme4988 PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Better graphics and more adaptable group game play mostly. That and-you'll have to PAY to play online with friends now. A real drawback from the PS3's major selling point. For me anyway.

Btw~This:

Quote Originally Posted by .:neuko:. View Post
    Between 2.16-3.19, this video pretty much sums up my opinion of the PS4. Technically it does have some new features over the PS3 imo; but whether you'll like them or not is another matter...

Warning: If you are a minor, it is strongly advised to consult a parent (or guardian) before watching this video, as it contains frequent instances of mild profanity and one instance of the "C" word.

Summed it up nicely.
    Last edited by Kagome; 12-01-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information