AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: OOC: RP Discussion/Idea thread

The Lemon Sorceress Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon's Avatar
    Gil
    Starving
    Gifts Kill Bill Katana Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2014 12:08 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: overlorddarthfluffles

Default Re: OOC: RP Discussion/Idea thread

Ok, I'm back.

College is done and I'm back in Michigan so things are free and less hectic for me. Even if I start doing theatre I'll have time to RP and what not since I don't have classes.

Tomorrow or Sunday when it's not 2AM and I'm dead tired I'll read up on what's been happening.

Since through my skim I'm seeing some ideas and one idea I have is a potential RPG based of Skies of Arcadia. Basically Airships, air pirates, floating islands, mysterious land below the sky. Simple, could be fun and something that is open enough for anyone to really do.

Hubaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh I'm so dead

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I know nothing about Skies of Arcadia except for the level in Sonic Transformed. xD
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've got a crazy weekend. But I think after that some sanity and time might return to my life and so I think I might start things up with the new game sometime next week. So I guess speak up now if you have any major issues.

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is perfect! I am glad they made this because I do have an idea in mind and feedback would be nice because I don't want to make an RP that won't be overly popular. I want people to be interested in it.
    I plan to elaborate more on the ideas that I have but I am going to post the basis of my idea. It's called Dreamcasters.

• Takes place in modern day (still working on this part)
    • There are two groups: Dreamcasters and Dreameaters
    • Dreamcasters are in terms considered "the good guys". They are innocent lives that are born with this natural abilities and over time, learn to hone them to fight for a battle that they don't know exists.
    • Dreamcasters can have said abilities: can travel through portals to go to their dreamland, summon and morph aspects of their dreams, summon and control aspects of their dreams, summon their dreams (There are more abilities to come)
    • Dreamcasters thrive on the well being of their dreams. Their soul is interconnected with their dreamland, if it were to be damaged or corrupted in any way, it alters the person's body, mind, spirit and soul.
    • Dreameaters (still thinking of a better name) are in terms considered "the bad guys". They are lives born in some sort of traumatic, horrific, terrible, any kind of terrible event and this leads to their abilities developing in toxic ways.
    • Dreameaters can have said abilities: destroy dreams, poison dreams, travel through portals into their dreamlands, decompose dreams (There are more abilities yet to come)
    • Brief history: Many eons ago, a secret society believed that dreams were the root to a person's soul. The society had been founded to research and discover how and why dreams become so deeply rooted into the core of one's being. Each of the founding fathers had their own unique born abilities. One founding father knew that to discover the origins of their dream abilities lay within the third eye. It was said to contain supernatural abilities that enhanced the dream factor in one person's blood. They had discovered that over time, when the dream factor would increase within their blood, a ring of special colour would appear around their iris. Each founding father had their own ranging from ruby red to yellow gold. Over time, one founding father believed to go beyond the humane limitations of their research procedures. The society casted him out and exiled him to lands unreachable by man. In present day, dream casters live among men, unidentified unless by other dreamcasters as the colour around their pupils can only be seen by those of the same blood.
    I do have a plot but I feel that it needs more development and thought before I post more of it on this thread as well as the abilities and the history do need more thought as well.

What do you guys think? :3
    Last edited by Infinita; 06-12-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:
    lilminx: My awesome big sister!
    *Tsuki*: Awesome lil sister!
    Teddy2116:Cool big bro!
    Hikaru_Hitachiin: Cool older Brother!
    kirei-chan: Awesomo big sister!
    Serpentarius: Brother in law!

5. Likes sunnyside liked this post
    Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Infinita
    Thanks for showing me this. Hmmm.... dreams can become complicated.... But I really like the premise. It seems like being a caster is easier to RP than the eaters, which seems more complicated. So far, looks like it would make a pretty nice rp.

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Albear View Post
    @Infinita
    Thanks for showing me this. Hmmm.... dreams can become complicated.... But I really like the premise. It seems like being a caster is easier to RP than the eaters, which seems more complicated. So far, looks like it would make a pretty nice rp.

Thanks! I definitely need to elaborate more on both groups. Once I explain the abilities better, it will definitely be easier to play as either one or the other. I am putting my ideas together and going to organize them. I don't have a time limit as to when I want to get this started but once I post more ideas, I really want to know if people would be interesting in taking part in it. :3

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:

Junior Member KingKazma77 is on a distinguished road KingKazma77's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2014 06:26 PM
    Threads

So anyways, I have a rp idea that we are all people at an anime conventions and get transported into a world full of monsters. But we get turned into our cosplay. Say if I cosplayed as a pickachu, I would turn into one.

My OC is gonna dress up as King Kazma from summer wars.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

Firstly, let me give a shout out to the proposed ideas so far. I’d like to submit an idea as well and welcome any and all suggestions.

I’m thinking of calling this one “Trilemma” (3 tough choices, a word coined by the English pastors Henry and Watts and stolen by yours truly).

Time Period: It will mirror the Early Medieval period (c. AD 400-1000) but in a different world.

World: An unknown continent called Kierkagel (KEER-kah-jul) which belongs to a larger, unnamed world. The continent will be divided into three parts: The Kingdom of Whinfell, the Kingdom of Thyst, and the Dominion of Kalveran. Whinfell and Thyst were the indigenous kingdoms on Kierkagel, and the Dominion of Kalveran is composed of invaders that are constantly being reinforced on the east coast via the sea. If this RPG gets off the ground, I’ll certainly be drawing a map.

Story: The kingdoms of Whinfell and Thyst were united for centuries until just three years prior to the beginning of the RPG, forming a united kingdom that simply went by the name Kierkagel (the name of the continent). When the late King Donovan passed, a faction of dissenters who preferred to be independent arose almost exclusively in the southern part of the continent. The northern part of the continent was primarily comprised of individuals loyal to the crown. The southern part of the continent took the opportunity of the king’s passing to form their own kingdom, the Kingdom of Thyst. The Kingdom of Thyst took as its official crest the same emblem as the Kingdom of Kierkagel, a hart (deer), yet the hart on the Kingdom of Thyst’s crest was silver whereas the Kierkagelian hart was black. The northern part of the continent had no choice but to form its own kingdom with the remnants of what was left after the dissenters formed the Kingdom of Thyst. Thus, the northern Kingdom of Whinfell was formed, and it kept the crest that belonged to King Donavan: a black hart.

Naturally, the kingdom of Whinfell is fighting to put King Donovan’s son of 16 years of age, Donovan II, on the throne in control of the whole continent, while the southern kingdom prefers to put the late King Donovan’s first cousin, Count Renier (RIN-ee-aye), on the throne, stressing that his superior experience and age (43 years old) make him the superior leader. Furthermore, Count Renier was born and bred in the southern part of Kierkagel, which only increased his standing amongst the Thystians. Stress over the future of Kierkagel almost led to a civil war, and was ironically only stopped by a force that appeared just 1 year before the beginning of the RPG: the Dominion of Kalveran.

Forces of strange warriors who had a penchant for wearing animal masks during battle seemed to ceaselessly appear on the east coast. With rapacious advances into the western parts of the continent, these warriors seemed intent on taking over the entire continent. Within 1 year, roughly one fifth of the continent is snugly under their reign. The citizens of Whinfell and Thyst must now decide whether to ignite a War of the Harts between themselves or to unify and oppose the threat of the Kalverans. If they unify, it is likely that one side will suffer more during the war, leaving them vulnerable to attack from their once-allies. This fear is very present in the mind of the Thystians and Whinfellians, and keeps them from unifying on the spot, as well as an ample amount of hatred that has grown between the kingdoms in the 3 years of unrest following the death of King Donovan.

Prompt: Basically, you will pick either the Kingdom of Whinfell or Thyst as a background for your character. You can choose to be a noble, a soldier, or a mercenary in the conflict. A noble will have commanding power but less fighting expertise, a soldier will have great fighting expertise but will be honor bound to follow the nobles’ command (refusal to do so will make living a difficult exercise, but it is possible), and mercenaries will have great fighting expertise and freedom to disobey some orders but very little trust from the nobles and their fellow soldiers as to where their allegiance lies. By forming groups of individuals in this world, you will have a direct impact on what happens to the Kingdoms of Whinfell and Thyst and the Dominion of Kalveran. (I don’t think I’ll let anyone be Kalveran at the beginning of the RPG for the sake of clarity and ease). Will you fight to unify the kingdoms into a reborn Kierkagel, or will you ally with the Dominion to overthrow your hated enemies and carve out a place for yourselves in the new order that follows? Will you choose to do neither and simply try to play the opportunist to rise to power in the midst of all the conflict? (I’m going to do my best to create plausible outcomes in light of your decisions).

The third option is to be a member of the Church. As a member of the Church you may choose to try to unify Kierkagel, encourage one of the kingdoms to be independent in order to subdue the other, or to simply act to take care of the downtrodden and wounded in these troubled times. Of course, you may also choose to be an opportunist in the Church and use the conflict to fatten your purse and increase your status, but doing so may put a target on your back from individuals just like you. Members of the church will have more influence over the kingdoms’ nobles than soldiers or mercenaries, but will have very little fighting expertise. Members of the Church may also pick up a sword to fight for what they believe in if they so choose.

I will give additional details as to the “heroes” of the respective kingdoms and other noteworthy individuals. Here I just want to stress that you have the choice to affect this world in many different ways, and I’ll strive to ensure that the results in the world are plausible in light of your choices. To drop one major hint, I’ll be using attacks from the Kalverans to force the players to choose to fight with or against a given kingdom. For example, if a town in the Kingdom of Whinfell is under attack and your character serves the Kingdom of Thyst, then you will have to choose to allow your character to aid the Whinfelliam town, to let it fend for itself, or to contribute to its ruin. Again, I want the choices of the players to truly affect the outcome of the entire RPG, and I want the choices to be rather difficult, even to the point of being ethical dilemmas (hence the name). It’s a bit of a lofty goal, and that’s why I’m submitting it here for criticism first. I personally think it might already be a bit complex and convoluted, and may call for heavy revisions. If so, what revisions do you all suggest? Thanks in advance.

10. Likes Tetsanosuke liked this post
    Senior Member noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Sagittarius 006 - Charizard Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-14-2014 12:29 PM
    Threads

I like all of these ideas so far, especially @Infinita and @Cross Avantgarde 's ideas.

@Infinita , I think that Dreameaters isn't too bad of a name for the "bad guys". It's suiting for them in my opinion.
    Roleplayer, gamer girl, band nerd, and ROTC cadet.
    You ain't got nothin' on me.

12. Thanks Cross Avantgarde thanked for this post
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingKazma77 View Post
    So anyways, I have a rp idea that we are all people at an anime conventions and get transported into a world full of monsters. But we get turned into our cosplay. Say if I cosplayed as a pickachu, I would turn into one.

My OC is gonna dress up as King Kazma from summer wars.
    The bunny looking guy? I may be bothering you about joining my game if you don't start up your own.

Quote Originally Posted by noelynn1995900 View Post
    I like all of these ideas so far, especially @Infinita and @Cross Avantgarde 's ideas.

@Infinita , I think that Dreameaters isn't too bad of a name for the "bad guys". It's suiting for them in my opinion.
    You two should take that as a sign to get your games going soon. Noelynn is a lot of fun if you can catch her!

14. Thanks Cross Avantgarde thanked for this post
    The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Cross Avantgarde

I applaud your idea, and given a well interested group it looks to have a good chance to thrive. Even without many revisions.

My question regards the supernatural elements of the world. Is their a magical element, and if so what level? Low, moderate, high?

From what I read the main focus of the setting is the gritty reality of feudal conflict. I see how it serves as a good medium to the ethical dilemmas which seem to be the backbone of this sort of game. I just wanted to see if the scope around it involved magic in any form.

/ curiosity.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

16. Thanks Cross Avantgarde thanked for this post
    how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Is there any news on your RP, sunny? Just curious, it's been quiet here for a long time.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    Is there any news on your RP, sunny? Just curious, it's been quiet here for a long time.
    Aside from perhaps proofing it again (probably a good idea) it's all in a file ready to paste into a sign in tread. All together it's rather a lot (9,241 words) but I try to use a lot of spoiler tags and indicate you don't have to read anywhere near all of that before making a character and getting started.

I was kinda hoping some other games would launch to liven things up a bit first, or be ready to launch. But perhaps I should just start the thing before the situation is even worse.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's awesome! It's great to hear that other people would be interested in participating in my RPG. I have been working on it. Not as of late because I have been away from my laptop or too busy. I have the ideas, I just need to develop them a bit more and type them up really. Expand on some and place more thought into others. Time is the only issue at the moment. I think I just need to manage it better. I will post tidbits here and there to see what people think. I would love to have a second opinion because there may be something I could have overlooked and a second perspective never hurts. I will attempt to get mine running at the latest in September. That's a soft deadline I would like to put out there. August will be another busy month as I have family from out of the country visiting but my laptop is always nearby. I may just be lurking and working on my RPG. :3

Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@noelynn1995900
    Many thanks; I’m rushing to polish it, and finding that haste often makes waste. I’m trying to be diligent in making it stronger.

@sunnyside
    Absolutely. I want to get another RPG out there in tandem with yours. I know it’s not too late to vivify this place.

@Tetsanosuke
    I don’t take your words lightly, and very much appreciate your input; I enjoyed being in the same RPG as you some time ago, and would be honored to have you join my humble addition. I want to sharpen the focus of the whole thing in order to give the players a focus, and I really want to make some ethical dilemmas feel real in the world they’re participating in. As for the magical aspect, I think I’m going to have to take the much less popular route (I’m speaking in terms of the majority of RPGs, not just in this forum, mind you, and I think many would agree) of not including magic. This is certainly not a criticism of the RPGs that do use magic, as I have been a participant in plenty of them! I feel that this choice to not include it may make situations and decisions made in the game world more desperate, and that’s what I’m going for. If I have players truly feel some disequilibrium or hesitation before they make choices, I will have accomplished my major goal, and hopefully that means that the players will care about the outcome of the game. Thanks again for your remarks, and I hope I’ve adequately explained my decision to not include magic. Feel free to ask anything at all (that goes to anyone, as does the following).

Work has been a bit hairy as of late, which is rather rare for this time of the year. I believe it’s going to take some time before I can fully polish the finished product, but it’ll be submitted asap to LPS. Thanks again to all who have given it a glance over.

21. Thanks Tetsanosuke thanked for this post
    Likes Tetsanosuke liked this post
    Junior Member Flying Cakes is on a distinguished road Flying Cakes's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2014 12:33 PM
    Threads

Hello, I'm new here. I bring a game idea I made a few years ago. It's not really an RPG but more of a game where you "battle" other players in forum through the use of private messages.
    Each game has 4 anime characters assigned secretely to forum members who registered in the game. Each has 3 abilities and 1 special ability. They can use 2 of them each day. The objective for each character is to kill the others and be the last one alive. There are also bots assigned to each character and some characters can use them with their abilities. I don't know if I explained it right since I'm not that good at exposing ideas. I'll leave here an example of a character:

Karyuu no Tekken: Kills the target
    Guren Karyuuken: Protects himself for 3 hours and burns another player for 12 hours. If this players is nullified by Karyuu no Houko he dies
    Happy: Nullifies one ability of the targeted character for 12 hours

Special Ability (Karyuu no Houko): Kills 2 players and nullifies all others for 3 hours

This may seem a little confusing, but once you see it in action you'll understand better. I used to play this on another forum, but unfortunately that forum became too inactive.
    There are currently 45 characters to play with. So, what do you think?

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Cakes View Post
    This may seem a little confusing, but once you see it in action you'll understand better. I used to play this on another forum, but unfortunately that forum became too inactive.
    There are currently 45 characters to play with. So, what do you think?
    I like the idea of PMs playing a role in things, but I'm afraid I'm getting a bit lost concerning how skills factor in. I totally agree that it's probably one of those games you quickly learn by playing, and it sounds interesting.

As for my proposal, I'll upload a map of Kierkagel (the world in which the RPG takes place) soon. I'm afraid to say that January will probably be the earliest to get the RPG polished, and March may be more realistic.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Semi-bump.

Semi-request for feedback.

I have provided the map. The corresponding colors are described on a house-to-house basis below. (Think of the House of Lancaster and the House of York during the War of the Roses in England; that might give you a good idea of the area you rule if the map does not). Also, you might note that the lines in the Kingdom of Thyst are straight while the rest appear older and less precise. This is based on the same principals as newer nations in the world (and newer states in the US as well); more modern states/countries are designed with more precise boundaries as opposed to ancient ones that were based on trade, culture, etc. Just a small note. The map is attached for your reference.

Kingdom of Whinfell:

House of Ikton. Crest: Two Stars. Area: Dark Blue. Known as the industrial center of the Kingdom of Whinfell, this area is known for its rapacious production of armaments including swords, bows, arrows, armor, and saddlebags for warhorses. Armaments from the area controlled by the House of Ikton are known to be the best in all of Kierkagel. Interestingly, the House of Ikton is much less hostile towards those from the Kingdom of Thyst, likely due to the extensive trade that existed for centuries between the houses of Ikton and Nerrian.

House of Brallen. Crest: Bear. Area: Red, bordering the land controlled by the Kalverans. The area controlled by the House of Brallen is widely known as being the most fertile. Dubbed “the breadbasket of Kierkagel,” the House of Brallen controls and exports roughly 45% of all the wheat and other crops in Kierkagel, making it the largest food producer by far on the continent.The fact that this land borders the Kalverans has led to much debate over the need to protect it from the enemy or face widespread starvation.

House of Koure. Crest: Wolf. Area: Light blue. Almost 45% of all the coal to be mined in Kierkagel is housed in the mountains belonging to the House of Koure. This makes this area the energy hub of the entire continent, as its coal is exported as a source of fuel (necessary for cooking, warmth, and lighting) to each corner of Kierkagel.

House of Morrse. Crest: Wildcat. Area: Burgundy. The plains belonging to House of Morrse are an ideal area for hunting wild game. Though the crops grown in the House of Brallen’s territory are essential, the desire for meat will always be high in Kierkagel, making these lands indispensible. Further, the pelts of the wild game are used as clothing and work materials, making trade between the House of Ikton and Morrse a deeply ingrained activity that goes back to the Kierkagel’s earliest recorded history.

Kingdom of Thyst:

House of Nerrian. Crest: Red Rose. Area: Yellow. The mines belonging to the House of Nerrian contain more metal than all the other areas of Kierkagel put together. This has historically led to a strong trade partnership between the Houses of Nerrian and Ikton. This was, of course, before the south became the Kingdom of Thyst, taking the House of Nerrian with it. Of all the houses in the Kingdom of Thyst, Nerrian is the one that is most sympathetic to the Kingdom of Whinfell, and seeks reunification.

House of Varro. Crest: Hawk. Area: Tan/beige. With its extensive shorelines and excellent, state-of-the-art ports, the House of Varro is a nutritional nexus that provides seafood to the entire Kingdom of Thyst. Rumor has it that it is also constructing a sizeable navy, but this has not been confirmed. If it is true, then that navy could spell disaster for the largely unguarded ports of Whinfell or, if the tides turn, the Kalverans.

House of Sarnne. Crest: Fox. Area: Green. The House of Sarnne has the most renowned physicians that Kierkagel has ever produced. Not only are physicians in abundance here but also chemists who make the finest remedies known to Kierkagel.

House of Gavro. Crest: Open Book. Area: Lavendar. Learning and spirituality. The scholars who largely reside in Gavro have chronicled the entire history of Kierkagel in their meticulous, detailed books. Even during harsh winters the scholars would take their ink wells close to the fire just to keep writing. Over time their education branched out to include not only just history but theology, science, and mathematics. Not surprisingly, if there is any new invention to be found in Kierkagel, chances are very high that it originated from Gavro.

The Church: The Church has served as mediator between warring factions of Kierkagel for centuries. With its emphasis on forgiveness and grace, many a war has been avoided due to ecclesiastical intercession. However, as the church has grown individuals who place spirituality much lower than personal gain have arisen to places of prominence, and gladly abuse the Church’s power for selfish benefit. The Church’s power to mediate has never been more important, but it is clear that there are those in the Church who simply want to see either Thyst or Whinfell destroy all rivals and emerge supreme and uncontested in a new world.

Kingdom of Kalveran: Crest: Unknown. Area: Black. This is the land that has been captured by the Kalverans so far. The choices of the players of this RPG will determine how much more land is captured.

Alright, that’s it for the land distribution. For character designs, you would have to pick a House to join, which would automatically make you a Whinfellian or a Thystian.First choice will get first pick, of course. Each character will control the house you pick, and as you do so you will choose to drive Kierkagel to unification or separation. Whatever choices you make will greatly affect the outcome of the game, and whether the Kalverans win or lose. I will tell you how the major choices affect future battles by using a percentage system concerning the outcome of battles. Again, as I stated in my first post, I want to make you feel the tension of having to make large choices, and to give you total ownership over your individual ruling houses. Up to 4 people can be members of the Church, and you will have an influence over the houses of Kierkagel. Right now I am not allowing anyone to control Kalveran.

Any thoughts, or is this bird just about ready to fly?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kierkagel Starter.jpg‎
Views:	16
Size:	364.3 KB
ID:	84184  
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 11-29-2014 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Redundancy; credit to Tetsanosuke for pointing it out.

25. Likes Tetsanosuke liked this post
    The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Avantgarde View Post
    Semi-bump.

Semi-request for feedback.

House of Gavro. Crest: Open Book. Area: Lavendar. Learning and spirituality. The scholars who largely reside in Gavro have chronicled the entire history of Kierkagel in their meticulous, detailed books. Even during harsh winters the scholars would take their ink wells close to the fire just to keep writing. Over time their education branched out to include not only just history but theology, science, mathematics, and science. Not surprisingly, if there is any new invention to be found in Kierkagel, chances are very high that it originated from Gavro.
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Any thoughts, or is this bird just about ready to fly?
    It seems like you have a small redundancy here. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

If each player is controlling a "house", are we making the 'families' up? Possibly with small descriptions of the people in power therein?

27. Thanks Cross Avantgarde thanked for this post
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

This is precisely the kind of feedback I need, thanks! Yes, not only is it redundant, but it is ironic that it happened in reference to the educated house. I'll edit it immediately.

And absolutely; though "house" will signify a family's surname, it goes along with the territory that you will control a vast amount of land seen on the map, and will have a center of operations that will be located in a mansion. I should have included that.

I fully welcome you to make any powerful families up in your respective houses. Perhaps there are some influential players in each house that you would like to play as. For example, you would be ______ Gavro if you controlled the House of Gavro, but you are more than welcome to create other influential members of the house. And this will go for all houses: you are free to make your qualities/traits any way you see fit. I only ask that each player notes the chief industry/economy and traits I provided in the description. As for the course your house will take, that choice is completely up to you.

I'll go ahead and give this much away: the RPG will start with a council in the south that will be discussing reunification and how to deal with the Kalverans.

Thanks again, @Tetsanosuke .

29. Thanks Tetsanosuke thanked for this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You are quite welcome.

I imagine one will need to write from a different perspective than the normal single-character driven style of most Forum Rps, being able to include reasoning and background for choices on a political and economic level. That's the "read" I'm getting from your description.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Precisely. I want the decisions to feel real enough to cause a good bit of reasoning to take place before a choice is finally made. I think this may give players a feel of ownership over the outcome of the game. At the same time, I do want interactions between houses (negotiated between individual players) to operate on a level that reflects a lot of RPGs, but choices that affect an entire house should take many things into consideration. I will openly show the percentage possibilities for certain choices' success or failure, and will use dice to determine the outcome. This is to leave the game open to chance just as much as it is open to decisions that either increase or decrease chance.

It sounds convoluted, but @miniPhil 's last excellent RPG was very similar concerning his dice system. If memory serves, we were in that RPG together; I'm almost certain of it before searching.

32. Likes Tetsanosuke liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Precisely. I want the decisions to feel real enough to cause a good bit of reasoning to take place before a choice is finally made. I think this may give players a feel of ownership over the outcome of the game. At the same time, I do want interactions between houses (negotiated between individual players) to operate on a level that reflects a lot of RPGs, but choices that affect an entire house should take many things into consideration. I will openly show the percentage possibilities for certain choices' success or failure, and will use dice to determine the outcome. This is to leave the game open to chance just as much as it is open to decisions that either increase or decrease chance.

It sounds convoluted, but @miniPhil 's last excellent RPG was very similar concerning his dice system. If memory serves, we were in that RPG together; I'm almost certain of it before searching.
    Quite right, and it went decently well. Though it didn't play out completely.

I'm no stranger to Game Master/Story Teller arbitrated games involving dice rolls. I'll be playing Pathfinder after typing this actually. But we have a somewhat different crew in the forums at present, hopefully folks will be open to the differences.

Isolated ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2016 12:12 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This may be way late but am very curious on how an rpg would flow if it was sort of odd like one such as dot hack where people get stuck in The World or like Final Fantasy where a group has 1 common goal... thoughts?
    I am no more a rose than I am its thorns.
    No more a gentle breeze than I am the hailing storm.
    I am no more hated than I am loved.
    And I am no more heartfilled than I am heartless.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

35. Likes Cross Avantgarde liked this post
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

We could really use some more games to liven up the place. So my general advice is go for it!

Now, like 90%+ of the games on AF die fairly quickly, and at the moment the forum is on the verge of dead. For a while before Seven Towers there weren't any games going at all. So the odds may be especially bad now.

But you don't know, your game could do great! Plus it's fun to create games, have people signing up, and to play a little. So even if your game doesn't beat the odds, you've still had some creative fun! So why not!

...actually, that's rather like my dating advice. :P

Quote Originally Posted by ELR View Post
    like Final Fantasy where a group has 1 common goal... thoughts?
    While that is rather the default for tabletop RPers, the AF crowd has historically been shockingly bad at that sort of thing (the focused common goal bit, I bet plenty of people here know and liked at least one of the Final Fantasy's). However I think we've got a few tabletoppers lurking about these days. So maybe the time is now?

Semi-bump.
    It seems like you've got the pieces together. And these days you don't even have to go through the approval process.

I still have no idea how your particular game would actually work, in a post by post sense, but so long as you do maybe it could be great!
    Last edited by sunnyside; 12-05-2014 at 04:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information