Hi there! I'm practically brand new to anime and have only started watching it in the past few weeks. But what I've seen so far has been fantastic and I'm really looking forward to watching more.
I was wondering if anybody would be willing to help me find a new anime to watch. I've thought about what I'd like to see in the next anime and have written a short list detailing these guidelines in the hope that anime fans would have some great suggestions. I've watched Sword Art Online and Love Hina, so those are out of the running, but there are hundreds if not thousands of animes out there so I'm sure I'll be able to find one just as good as those two.
1. The anime should be in English dub. I prefer to watch and focus on what's going on rather than reading subtitles.
2. It should be able to be streamed free online, preferably on Anime Tycoon.
3. Comedy and sexiness should both be present but used intelligently and within reason. Love Hina did this really well in my opinion.
4. A well-constructed romantic sub-plot is a must and should affect the over story in one way or another.
5. The story should involve between two and four main characters who interact with each other throughout the story. These characters should be assisted by minor characters when needed.
6. Fantasy/sci-fi/supernatural/magic are all great themes!
7. The overall story should (while having an immerse world) focus more on plot and character development than anything else. The more I'm invested in the characters and their goals, the more I'll enjoy the series. I should be able to cheer when they cheer and shed a tear when they do too.
8. It would be interesting to see the characters interact in an institution such as a school, but expansive worlds like that of SAO do tend to be more interesting. Maybe a combination of both?
9. The overall length of the series should be no greater than thirty episodes. That would make it an 'average' length, if average even exists when it comes to the length of an anime series.
10. The series should have finished airing so I can watch all the episodes to my heart's content.
Well, that's the end of my list of suggestions. Hopefully I'll be able to find another fantastic anime that I can really get invested in! Thanks for your help