AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is your sibling an otaku?

Member Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-31-2013 04:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: brentb1990

Default Is your sibling an otaku?

So I'm a total otaku, but I'm trying to get my sister to watch anime with me. She says she doesn't have any interest in ANYTHING that I watch so I tried to pick a pretty funny romantic comedy.

I was watching the first episode of:
    Ore no Nōnai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Come o Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru.
    (My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy). this just came out, But she still doesn't like anime for some reason (sigh)

Has anyone here had any luck with their siblings?

Senior Member 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Bigro MA 05 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2015 01:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Is your sibling an otaku?

my brother was watching dragonball with me when we were kids (early 90s)but he is not into anime in general
    but it doesn't really matter to me since we do not live together or anything lol

Senior Member Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Cheese
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2014 08:33 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tragic Melody

NouCome is more for people that are already otakus, not for someone new to anime. You'd be better off showing her a more commonly popular series like Death Note or Angel Beats.

As for me, my brother is interested in anime except he refuses to watch sub. If it isn't in dub, he won't watch it.

Senior Member Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cake Lie Soul Eater Logo Little Big Planet Sackboy Kratos
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2013 11:42 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hmm. My sister sort of like anime, but I can't get her to come to setsucon because of work. Dunno about her fiance though...
    My older brother like Dragonball Z, but nothin else

AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zainox-

Nope, my brothers are the main people to give me crap about my love for anime. They have watched Dragonball Z, but they refuse to see it as anime. Probably because they don't want to be hypocritical.

MY ANIME-PLANET WATCH LIST

AF FAMILY
    Astral_Mage - Younger Brother/Confetti Brother
    horrendous - Older Brother
    1nterest1ng - Confetti Brother

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

My little sister is a pretty big anime fan, but not quite an otaku. She follows certain shows and has almost encyclopedic knowledge of a few (like Naruto and Yu-Gi-Oh). And she'll even watch a few shows with me.

However, she only has watched a few shows and has maybe a t-shirt or two (not because of money, but just out of sheer apathy), versus me and my many posters, figurines, plushies and an library of manga and anime. My sister likes anime, but not to an otaku level.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/ynylttmw/otaku.html

Check the list

if yes then read this

Twelve-step program: How to De-Otakunize Yourself

1.) Admit that you have a problem. The best way to do this is to compare your storage space (dwindling due to acquisition of anime-related merchandise) and your account balance (dwindling due to acquisition of anime-related merchandise).

2.) Confront your problem in the most horrible way possible. In this case, have a soon-to-be-ex-friend strap you into a chair, and put the little eyelid thingies (from _A Clockwork Orange_) on you so you can't escape, then start the 72-hour Streamline dub marathon and leave.

3.) Remove the offending material--out of sight, out of mind. Tear down all lifesize Belldandy posters. Melt your prized Kiki cels into new and interesting sculpture. Record over your pristine collection of S-VHS 1950s giant robot shows, preferably with something like "Family Matters". Use your laserdisc collection to play Frisbee Catch with the Great Dane in your backyard.

4.) Shun (isn't that Mitaka-coach's name?) all those who would lead you into temptation. If you catch a glimpse of anything animated, do penance by watching old episodes of "Saved By The Bell".

5.) Denounce the culture and nation which brought you anime. Watch Saban's "VR Troopers" or "Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad" to remind yourself how evil Japan is.

6.) Burn that used sailor fuku you acquired a while back, you ecchi.

7.) Learn Sanskrit to drive all acquired syllables of Japanese from your brain.

8.) Renounce Inoue Kikuko, and turn in your honorary Hitoshi Doi badge.

9.) When someone says "convention", force yourself to think of large gatherings of boring people in suits selling kitchen appliances.

10.) Rename all of your pets. We KNOW they're named after anime characters. For the truly far gone, rename all of your children as well.

11.) Move. Do not give forwarding addresses to friends, associates, or AnimEigo.

12.) Drop off the Internet. It will only lead you to such catastrophes as IRC or AnimeMUCK! Become a hermit. Grow old in solitude. Die.

Of course, there is no guarantee that all of this will work for you. ^_^
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 11-02-2013 at 04:12 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

8. Likes Akio-sempai liked this post
    &#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

My brother doesn't go out because of health reasons, so he doesn't come across a lot of anime through friends and whatnot. He likes the anime that's been shown on Adult Swim, like InuYasha, Deathnote, Bleach, etc. I don't remember if I've gotten him into any others, but I have gotten him hooked on some manga/manhwa. Some are Gantz, Battle Royale, PhD: Phantasy Degree, Shaman King, Kuroshitsuji, and so on. So, he's not an otaku, more of a budding anime enthusiast. BUT, I know that if he has the potential of becoming one lol. If only he had more access to anime and manga, I'd say he'd be able to get quite a collection.

Oh, as for my sister, the farthest she's gotten into anime is the Ghibli film "My Neighbor Totoro". Although, it surprised me one day when I was blaring some J-Pop and the original Pokémon theme came on, and she started singing along to it.

I was like "whoa dude". I can't explain my reaction any other way.
    Last edited by RyuTama; 11-03-2013 at 12:28 AM. Reason: la sorella~

10. Likes Akio-sempai liked this post
    ☢ CAUTION!! ☢ CAUTION!! ☢ DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Ice Cream Scorpio Jack O Lantern
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2016 06:02 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: sugarcoatedshit

My sister introduced me to anime and now, I have more series watched than her. She is an otaku as well. xDD

Quote Originally Posted by Akio-sempai View Post
    So I'm a total otaku, but I'm trying to get my sister to watch anime with me. She says she doesn't have any interest in ANYTHING that I watch so I tried to pick a pretty funny romantic comedy.

I was watching the first episode of:
    Ore no Nōnai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Come o Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru.
    (My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy). this just came out, But she still doesn't like anime for some reason (sigh)

Has anyone here had any luck with their siblings?
    Erabe:

1. Give absolute choices to your sister while imitating Nakata Jouji's voice to make her watch anime.

2. Give up and ask your sister to call you "onii-chan" instead.

DON'T CLICK BELOW

^Link^

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information