|AnimeGalleries [dot] Net||AnimeWallpapers [dot] Com||AnimeLyrics [dot] Com||AnimePedia [dot] Com||AnimeGlobe [dot] Com|
Here is the definition of an animated cartoon. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/animated+cartoon
Go back to page 1 for Zainox's asinine comment
You're an Omega, Im an Alpha. Here is the proof you asked for http://www.thefreedictionary.com/animated+cartoon Zaninox's asinine comment is on page 1
Getting people to accept this is gon' take another place, another time, another world, another life.
MY BIG AF FAMILY
---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------
What I don't understand is why you get so aggressive about it.
Anime refers to Japanese Animation because that's a way to tell what is what
And I personally wont start saying "japanese catroon" just because you say so
both anime and cartoons fall under the umbrella of animation arts, the reason most people use Anime to refer to Japanese animation is because it is a HUGE industry
same way you say Hollywood, Bollywood, European Films etc they are all movies but you separate them with such labels because they are all huge industries with cultural differences and genre types.
When I say I prefer anime over cartoons I mean the different industries, if you do not see the difference then the problem is yours not of those who use whatever term they feel like.
I'm that tiger...
Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!
~Alice Carroll reading articles on Anime Globe~
you mix the crap out of things and you don't listen anyone who is trying to explain
getting mad doesn't fix the problem
the umbrella term is ANIMATION
cartoon is IMAGES, what you classify as cartoon falsely is ANIMATED cartoon which fall under, guess what: ANIMATION
see what I did here?
now have a definition or two from Oxford University Dictionary of English
Definition of anime in English
Pronunciation: /ˈanɪmeɪ, ˈanɪmə/
- a style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children. Compare with manga.
1980s: Japanese, shortened from animēshon, based on English animation
and another one
Definition of cartoon in English
- 1a simple drawing showing the features of its subjects in a humorously exaggerated way, especially a satirical one in a newspaper or magazine: the minister faced a welter of hostile headlines and mocking cartoons
- (also cartoon strip) a narrative sequence of humorous drawings in a comic, magazine, or newspaper, usually with captions: a Peanuts cartoon by Charles Schulz
- a simplified or exaggerated version or interpretation of something: [as modifier]:Dolores becomes a cartoon housewife, reading glossy magazines in a bathrobe
- 2a film using animation techniques to photograph a sequence of drawings rather than real people or objects: we watched Yogi Bear cartoons on TV [as modifier]:cartoon characters a cartoon show
- 3a full-size drawing made by an artist as a preliminary design for a painting or other work of art: the tapestries are based on a set of cartoons commissioned by Pope Leo XI
- make a drawing of (someone) in a simplified or exaggerated way: she has a face with enough character to be cartooned
- (as noun cartooning) the activity or occupation of drawing cartoons: he pursued a career in newspaper cartooning
Then Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and an ANIMATED cartoon, if it really fcking matters if I say animated or not.
You lack common knowledge and are are a total ( insert certain " B" word here)
That's not theB word I meant the word I meant meant " female dog"
This...this is still going on? I thought I was done. I thought I was clear. What the eff?
Let's say that there is a group called "The Cat Club". Every week they talk about cats. Cat shows, cat toys, cat food, crazy cat ladies, everything cats. One week, they host an event where people can bring their cats so that they can hang out and do cat things. However, one person brings a freaking tiger!
"Why in the world do you have a tiger?!", one member asks as they scurry away from the stripped death machine.
"Well, this IS a cat club. Tigers are cats, dude."
"OMG! That's not what we meant!"
You see, in the cat club, it is automatically assumed that the word "cat" means "domestic cat", the ones that you keep as pets. Even though the word "cat" is used to describe an entire family of animals (in this case Felidae, which contains animals from lions to cheetahs to servals), in this case, the word is understood to mean only one type of cat: the domestic cat. This doesn't mean that the club members don't know that tigers are cats (in fact, as cat lovers, they know more than anybody else). Its just that there is a specific definition within the club about what "cats" they are talking about.
Same thing with "cartoon" and "anime". "Cartoon" is an umbrella term that includes anime. HOWEVER, within the anime community, "cartoon" is used specifically for western cartoons, while "anime" is used for Japanese cartoons. This doesn't mean that we don't know that they go together. Just that the definition is different within this community. Why? Because we are SPECIFICALLY talking about Japanese cartoons. We need the term to separate what we are talking about (Japanese cartoons) from what we are not (every other animated show).
And you're not an Alpha. I'M the only Alpha around here.
For example, if I were to show a random anime picture to a random person, such as this one...
...and asked them what it was, they would say that it was a cartoon. Why? Because it is. If I were to go to an anime convention and ask another person, they would say that it was an anime. Why? Because it is. The differences between the two answers does not mean that one person is wrong or that there is an intrinsic difference between a cartoon and an anime. It just shows that different words are used for different things by different people.
Do we get it now?
This is my war face.
This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.
That's not all of them. Btw that wolf in that GIF looks like Brandy from Hamtaro only it needs red eyes and to sleep outside the Ham Ham Manor XD
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)