AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 80

Thread: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

  1. #26
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 01:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zainox View Post
    You realize you can have a perfectly fine discussion without being apprehensive, right?


    Isn't this what I said in my previous post? I also posted links to the wiki proving this.


    This is a forum board full of opinions. How is this any better than a wiki?



    Did you read the wiki I linked. In there it states that anime and cartoons can be represented for all animations.
    Quoted from the wiki:
    Anime -"The word is the abbreviated pronunciation of "animation" in Japanese. In Japanese, the term references all animation"
    Cartoon - "Because of the stylistic similarities between comic strips and early animated movies, "cartoon" came to refer to animation, and the word "cartoon" is currently used to refer to both animated cartoons and gag cartoons"
    YOU said " If someone says Kuroshitsuji is a cartoon, they are wrong" Now you're contradicting yourself by saying ALL animation can be considered a cartoon. This includes Kuro does it not? You also stated that Kuroshitsuji can't be classed as an animated cartoon because it is Japanese animation and not American animation. That's as asinine as " White tigers can't be classed as tigers because they are white, not orange" and I told you to actually read the definition of an animated cartoon and realize its laughable to claim Kuro ( or Kuroshitsuji ll for that matter) is not.

  2. #27
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    1,000,764,999.53
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Cookie Wolf
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2014 10:36 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    28
    Threads
    338
    Posts
    14,859
    Blog Entries
    839
    AW Wallpapers
    26
    Rep Power
    10164
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    YOU said " If someone says Kuroshitsuji is a cartoon, they are wrong" Now you're contradicting yourself by saying ALL animation can be considered a cartoon. This includes Kuro does it not? You also stated that Kuroshitsuji can't be classed as an animated cartoon because it is Japanese animation and not American animation. That's as asinine as " White tigers can't be classed as tigers because they are white, not orange" and I told you to actually read the definition of an animated cartoon and realize its laughable to claim Kuro ( or Kuroshitsuji ll for that matter) is not.
    Quote/link or it didnt happen. Rules of the internet

  3. #28
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 01:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Here is the definition of an animated cartoon. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/animated+cartoon

    Go back to page 1 for Zainox's asinine comment

  4. #29
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 01:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    You're an Omega, Im an Alpha. Here is the proof you asked for http://www.thefreedictionary.com/animated+cartoon Zaninox's asinine comment is on page 1

  5. #30
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 01:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Getting people to accept this is gon' take another place, another time, another world, another life.

  6. #31
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    1,000,764,999.53
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Cookie Wolf
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2014 10:36 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    28
    Threads
    338
    Posts
    14,859
    Blog Entries
    839
    AW Wallpapers
    26
    Rep Power
    10164
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    Getting people to accept this is gon' take another place, another time, another world, another life.
    Accept what? No one has argued the different with you. No one. You claimed they have, but unless you can provide evidence of this, then youre just off your rocker.

  7. #32
    AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    59,198.19
    Gender
    My Mood
    Sassy
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2014 10:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia, South Australia
    Age
    23
    Threads
    55
    Posts
    3,888
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    1174
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Zainox-

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    YOU said " If someone says Kuroshitsuji is a cartoon, they are wrong" Now you're contradicting yourself by saying ALL animation can be considered a cartoon. This includes Kuro does it not?
    Yeah, that's true. I didn't want to edit my post, so I added what I found after I went Googling. I tried breaking it up with the big space. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    You also stated that Kuroshitsuji can't be classed as an animated cartoon because it is Japanese animation and not American animation. That's as asinine as " White tigers can't be classed as tigers because they are white, not orange" and I told you to actually read the definition of an animated cartoon and realize its laughable to claim Kuro ( or Kuroshitsuji ll for that matter) is not.
    What I'm trying to say is. By definition, all animation can be named either an anime or a cartoon (anime of course being the shortened, Japanese word for animation). But by the majority of the people anime is now defined to Japanese animation alone. You won't find that in no wiki or dictionary because it isn't official. If you are arguing technicality, yes anime can be defined as a cartoon and vise versa. If you are to argue it on a forum with people, most will say anime and cartoons are two different things. Because people have defined it other wise.

  8. #33
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 01:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zainox View Post
    Yeah, that's true. I didn't want to edit my post, so I added what I found after I went Googling. I tried breaking it up with the big space. :P


    What I'm trying to say is. By definition, all animation can be named either an anime or a cartoon (anime of course being the shortened, Japanese word for animation). But by the majority of the people anime is now defined to Japanese animation alone. You won't find that in no wiki or dictionary because it isn't official. If you are arguing technicality, yes anime can be defined as a cartoon and vise versa. If you are to argue it on a forum with people, most will say anime and cartoons are two different things. Because people have defined it other wise.
    When people say anime and cartoons are two different things I put that down to lack of research and common knowledge. And I know anime only means Japanese animation. But the next time I have to type " Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon" it's going to be in size 72 brightly colored glitter font. I can't believe I even have to tell people that anymore.

    ---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

    http://www.sparklee.com/make?text=Ku...ffffff&angle=0

    Told ya.

  9. #34
    Senior Member 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ's Avatar
    Gil
    135,492.84
    Gender
    My Mood
    Dead
    Gifts Bigro MA 05 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2014 05:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    神席@大劇場
    Age
    30
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    797
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    146

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    When people say anime and cartoons are two different things I put that down to lack of research and common knowledge. And I know anime only means Japanese animation. But the next time I have to type " Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon" it's going to be in size 72 brightly colored glitter font. I can't believe I even have to tell people that anymore.

    What I don't understand is why you get so aggressive about it.
    Anime refers to Japanese Animation because that's a way to tell what is what
    And I personally wont start saying "japanese catroon" just because you say so
    both anime and cartoons fall under the umbrella of animation arts, the reason most people use Anime to refer to Japanese animation is because it is a HUGE industry

    same way you say Hollywood, Bollywood, European Films etc they are all movies but you separate them with such labels because they are all huge industries with cultural differences and genre types.

    When I say I prefer anime over cartoons I mean the different industries, if you do not see the difference then the problem is yours not of those who use whatever term they feel like.




  10. #35
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 01:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by 星らぶ View Post
    What I don't understand is why you get so aggressive about it.
    Anime refers to Japanese Animation because that's a way to tell what is what
    And I personally wont start saying "japanese catroon" just because you say so
    both anime and cartoons fall under the umbrella of animation arts, the reason most people use Anime to refer to Japanese animation is because it is a HUGE industry

    same way you say Hollywood, Bollywood, European Films etc they are all movies but you separate them with such labels because they are all huge industries with cultural differences and genre types.

    When I say I prefer anime over cartoons I mean the different industries, if you do not see the difference then the problem is yours not of those who use whatever term they feel like.
    That is the most asinine ridiculous thing I ever heard, Kuroshitsuji is Japanese animation and ANYTHING animated can be classed as a cartoon, thus its classification as both. The bKuroshitsuji is BOTH an anime AND a cartoon. I can't believe there is even a debate about this anymore. This is a fact and not up for debate. Little do you know All anime ARE cartoons but not all cartoons are anime. While anime and WESTERN animation is different it is NOT false to say they are BOTH cartoons. Its really not debatable, its a fact. Geez if people keep up with the BS that Kuroshitsuji doesn't count as an animated cartoon this is gonna be the next thing they see http://my.opera.com/ladiesman69/albu...cture=29818041
    I'm that tiger...

  11. #36
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    1,963.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 09:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    26
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,755
    Rep Power
    2447
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    When people say anime and cartoons are two different things I put that down to lack of research and common knowledge. And I know anime only means Japanese animation. But the next time I have to type " Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon" it's going to be in size 72 brightly colored glitter font. I can't believe I even have to tell people that anymore.

    ---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

    http://www.sparklee.com/make?text=Ku...ffffff&angle=0

    Told ya.

  12. #37
    AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    91,957.45
    Gender
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Watermelon
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2014 02:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    451
    Posts
    8,663
    Blog Entries
    100
    Rep Power
    8193
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    That is the most asinine ridiculous thing I ever heard, Kuroshitsuji is Japanese animation and ANYTHING animated can be classed as a cartoon, thus its classification as both. The bKuroshitsuji is BOTH an anime AND a cartoon. I can't believe there is even a debate about this anymore. This is a fact and not up for debate. Little do you know All anime ARE cartoons but not all cartoons are anime. While anime and WESTERN animation is different it is NOT false to say they are BOTH cartoons. Its really not debatable, its a fact. Geez if people keep up with the BS that Kuroshitsuji doesn't count as an animated cartoon this is gonna be the next thing they see http://my.opera.com/ladiesman69/albu...cture=29818041
    I'm that tiger...
    By any chance are you on medication? You are one seriously annoying person and the chances of you making friends around here are small, unless you back off and act less aggressive. People like you are seriously need to take a chill pill or five. You only live once so live life less "The Shining". Y'know, the movie?
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

  13. #38
    Senior Member 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ's Avatar
    Gil
    135,492.84
    Gender
    My Mood
    Dead
    Gifts Bigro MA 05 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2014 05:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    神席@大劇場
    Age
    30
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    797
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    146

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    While anime and WESTERN animation is different it is NOT false to say they are BOTH cartoons.
    instead of insulting other you should probably get your OWN facts straight
    you mix the crap out of things and you don't listen anyone who is trying to explain
    getting mad doesn't fix the problem

    the umbrella term is ANIMATION
    cartoon is IMAGES, what you classify as cartoon falsely is ANIMATED cartoon which fall under, guess what: ANIMATION

    see what I did here?

    good
    now have a definition or two from Oxford University Dictionary of English

    Definition of anime in English



    anime

    Pronunciation: /ˈanɪmeɪ, ˈanɪmə/
    noun

    [mass noun]
    • a style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children. Compare with manga.
    Origin:

    1980s: Japanese, shortened from animēshon, based on English animation


    -----

    and another one
    Definition of cartoon in English


    cartoon

    Pronunciation: /kɑːˈtuːn/
    noun

    • 1a simple drawing showing the features of its subjects in a humorously exaggerated way, especially a satirical one in a newspaper or magazine: the minister faced a welter of hostile headlines and mocking cartoons
    • (also cartoon strip) a narrative sequence of humorous drawings in a comic, magazine, or newspaper, usually with captions: a Peanuts cartoon by Charles Schulz
    • a simplified or exaggerated version or interpretation of something: [as modifier]:Dolores becomes a cartoon housewife, reading glossy magazines in a bathrobe
    • 2a film using animation techniques to photograph a sequence of drawings rather than real people or objects: we watched Yogi Bear cartoons on TV [as modifier]:cartoon characters a cartoon show
    • 3a full-size drawing made by an artist as a preliminary design for a painting or other work of art: the tapestries are based on a set of cartoons commissioned by Pope Leo XI
    verb

    [with object]
    • make a drawing of (someone) in a simplified or exaggerated way: she has a face with enough character to be cartooned
    • (as noun cartooning) the activity or occupation of drawing cartoons: he pursued a career in newspaper cartooning




  14. Likes Zainox liked this post
  15. #39
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 01:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Then Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and an ANIMATED cartoon, if it really fcking matters if I say animated or not.

  16. #40
    Senior Member Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    100,105.76
    Gender
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Hot Dog With Ketchup Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-25-2014 05:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The low lands
    Age
    19
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    237

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    Then Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and an ANIMATED cartoon, if it really fcking matters if I say animated or not.
    It feels like you're just copying and pasting everything you've said before at this point.

  17. #41
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 01:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystelinth View Post
    It feels like you're just copying and pasting everything you've said before at this point.
    I am not. And did everyone really already know that Kuro is both a anime and a cartoon? Did I really not teach them anything new? And am I really a derp for thinking people didnt know that?

  18. #42
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    1,963.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 09:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    26
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,755
    Rep Power
    2447
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    I am not. And did everyone really already know that Kuro is both a anime and a cartoon? Did I really not teach them anything new? And am I really a derp for thinking people didnt know that?
    Your a derp because no one gives to cares about this. You're just too slow to realize that and keep hitting people over the head to try and get them to care. Drop it and find something else or leave. You became sad three of my posts in when you didn't quite grasp what those derps where about.

  19. #43
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 01:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    You lack common knowledge and are are a total ( insert certain " B" word here)

  20. #44
    Senior Member Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    100,105.76
    Gender
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Hot Dog With Ketchup Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-25-2014 05:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The low lands
    Age
    19
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    237

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    You have common knowledge and are a total Bro.

    Couldn't agree more with ya.

  21. #45
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 01:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    That's not theB word I meant the word I meant meant " female dog"

  22. #46
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    1,963.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 09:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    26
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,755
    Rep Power
    2447
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    You lack common knowledge and are are a total ( insert certain " B" word here)

  23. #47
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    37,489.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 04:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Age
    24
    Threads
    47
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    2243
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    This...this is still going on? I thought I was done. I thought I was clear. What the eff?

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    You're right. Scientifically, anime and cartoons are NOT different, but here in America we think they are. So you're saying even the strawman knew Kuroshitsuji was both an anime and a cartoon? That fact was as obvious as " Hamsters and gerbils are both rodents"? * face hoof* And I felt like Einstein when I said Kuro is both an anime and a cartoon...
    Yeah, everyone already knew. No one is debating the literal definitions of these terms. The only person who INSISTS on debating those terms is you. Let's go back to the comparison I made with tigers and cats...

    Let's say that there is a group called "The Cat Club". Every week they talk about cats. Cat shows, cat toys, cat food, crazy cat ladies, everything cats. One week, they host an event where people can bring their cats so that they can hang out and do cat things. However, one person brings a freaking tiger!

    "Why in the world do you have a tiger?!", one member asks as they scurry away from the stripped death machine.

    "Well, this IS a cat club. Tigers are cats, dude."

    "OMG! That's not what we meant!"

    You see, in the cat club, it is automatically assumed that the word "cat" means "domestic cat", the ones that you keep as pets. Even though the word "cat" is used to describe an entire family of animals (in this case Felidae, which contains animals from lions to cheetahs to servals), in this case, the word is understood to mean only one type of cat: the domestic cat. This doesn't mean that the club members don't know that tigers are cats (in fact, as cat lovers, they know more than anybody else). Its just that there is a specific definition within the club about what "cats" they are talking about.

    Same thing with "cartoon" and "anime". "Cartoon" is an umbrella term that includes anime. HOWEVER, within the anime community, "cartoon" is used specifically for western cartoons, while "anime" is used for Japanese cartoons. This doesn't mean that we don't know that they go together. Just that the definition is different within this community. Why? Because we are SPECIFICALLY talking about Japanese cartoons. We need the term to separate what we are talking about (Japanese cartoons) from what we are not (every other animated show).

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    You're an Omega, Im an Alpha. Here is the proof you asked for http://www.thefreedictionary.com/animated+cartoon Zaninox's asinine comment is on page 1
    I already talked about how Zainox's comment was similar to mine, albeit shorter. I suggest you look at it again.

    And you're not an Alpha. I'M the only Alpha around here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    I am not. And did everyone really already know that Kuro is both a anime and a cartoon? Did I really not teach them anything new? And am I really a derp for thinking people didnt know that?
    Yes. You are arguing about the literal definition of words that we have already grasped. Like I said before, the point that you are missing is that CULTURALLY, these words have different definitions depending on who you ask.

    For example, if I were to show a random anime picture to a random person, such as this one...



    ...and asked them what it was, they would say that it was a cartoon. Why? Because it is. If I were to go to an anime convention and ask another person, they would say that it was an anime. Why? Because it is. The differences between the two answers does not mean that one person is wrong or that there is an intrinsic difference between a cartoon and an anime. It just shows that different words are used for different things by different people.

    Do we get it now?
    This is my war face.

    This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

  24. #48
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    1,963.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 09:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    26
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,755
    Rep Power
    2447
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    This...this is still going on? I thought I was done. I thought I was clear. What the eff?



    Yeah, everyone already knew. No one is debating the literal definitions of these terms. The only person who INSISTS on debating those terms is you. Let's go back to the comparison I made with tigers and cats...

    Let's say that there is a group called "The Cat Club". Every week they talk about cats. Cat shows, cat toys, cat food, crazy cat ladies, everything cats. One week, they host an event where people can bring their cats so that they can hang out and do cat things. However, one person brings a freaking tiger!

    "Why in the world do you have a tiger?!", one member asks as they scurry away from the stripped death machine.

    "Well, this IS a cat club. Tigers are cats, dude."

    "OMG! That's not what we meant!"

    You see, in the cat club, it is automatically assumed that the word "cat" means "domestic cat", the ones that you keep as pets. Even though the word "cat" is used to describe an entire family of animals (in this case Felidae, which contains animals from lions to cheetahs to servals), in this case, the word is understood to mean only one type of cat: the domestic cat. This doesn't mean that the club members don't know that tigers are cats (in fact, as cat lovers, they know more than anybody else). Its just that there is a specific definition within the club about what "cats" they are talking about.

    Same thing with "cartoon" and "anime". "Cartoon" is an umbrella term that includes anime. HOWEVER, within the anime community, "cartoon" is used specifically for western cartoons, while "anime" is used for Japanese cartoons. This doesn't mean that we don't know that they go together. Just that the definition is different within this community. Why? Because we are SPECIFICALLY talking about Japanese cartoons. We need the term to separate what we are talking about (Japanese cartoons) from what we are not (every other animated show).



    I already talked about how Zainox's comment was similar to mine, albeit shorter. I suggest you look at it again.

    And you're not an Alpha. I'M the only Alpha around here.



    Yes. You are arguing about the literal definition of words that we have already grasped. Like I said before, the point that you are missing is that CULTURALLY, these words have different definitions depending on who you ask.

    For example, if I were to show a random anime picture to a random person, such as this one...



    ...and asked them what it was, they would say that it was a cartoon. Why? Because it is. If I were to go to an anime convention and ask another person, they would say that it was an anime. Why? Because it is. The differences between the two answers does not mean that one person is wrong or that there is an intrinsic difference between a cartoon and an anime. It just shows that different words are used for different things by different people.

    Do we get it now?
    Eh, don't bother they're just looking for proof for something where there isn't any. You can't have proof on opinion. Doesn't matter how accepted the general opinion is or isn't. It's still an opinion meaning no facts or proof.

  25. #49
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 01:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Eh, don't bother they're just looking for proof for something where there isn't any. You can't have proof on opinion. Doesn't matter how accepted the general opinion is or isn't. It's still an opinion meaning no facts or proof.
    That's not Hamtaro and the Ham Hams. THESE are the ham hams



    [IMG]http://http://unprotected-hamster.deviantart.com/art/Yes-My-Ham-
    381741433[/IMG]



    That's not all of them. Btw that wolf in that GIF looks like Brandy from Hamtaro only it needs red eyes and to sleep outside the Ham Ham Manor XD

  26. #50
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    1,000,764,999.53
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Cookie Wolf
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2014 10:36 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    28
    Threads
    338
    Posts
    14,859
    Blog Entries
    839
    AW Wallpapers
    26
    Rep Power
    10164
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.


  27. Likes Elphaba, GameGeeks liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Anime declaring characters dead without proof of death
    By Videogamer555 in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-17-2010, 07:32 PM
  2. Need help Looking for an Anime/Cartoon...
    By TheSymposium in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 06:23 PM
  3. Fav cartoon (not anime)
    By RAMENROCKS in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 03:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts