AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 80

Thread: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

  1. #1
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 12:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    By definition it IS. Maybe America doesn't agree with Kuro being both an anime AND a cartoon but that doesn't change the fact that it is. It's not a debate its a fact. If something is drawn, colored and animated, it can be classed as a cartoon, no matter what it looks like or where it came from. Period. I wouldn't think I need proof of this but Im getting really pissed at the people who wanna ignore the facts and say that it is not.

  2. #2
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    1,963.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 08:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    26
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,755
    Rep Power
    2447
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    By definition it IS. Maybe America doesn't agree with Kuro being both an anime AND a cartoon but that doesn't change the fact that it is. It's not a debate its a fact. If something is drawn, colored and animated, it can be classed as a cartoon, no matter what it looks like or where it came from. Period. I wouldn't think I need proof of this but Im getting really pissed at the people who wanna ignore the facts and say that it is not.
    Wait, if you don't have proof how can you go claiming it's fact? That makes zero sense. Even then it's still your opinion. It'll never be fact. Others are also allowed to have their own opinions and say it's whatever they want.

  3. #3
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    1,000,762,903.58
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Cookie Wolf
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2014 08:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    27
    Threads
    338
    Posts
    14,730
    Blog Entries
    839
    AW Wallpapers
    26
    Rep Power
    10164
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    .......the point of this thread.....I cant find it

  4. Likes GameGeeks liked this post
  5. #4
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 12:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Wait, if you don't have proof how can you go claiming it's fact? That makes zero sense. Even then it's still your opinion. It'll never be fact. Others are also allowed to have their own opinions and say it's whatever they want.
    Not a fact? REALLY? Then I suppose the fact that Kuro is DRAWN, COLORED, and ANIMATED doesnt make one who says different sound like an idiot? All anime are cartoons but not all cartoons are anime. Thisbe a fact and not up for debate.

  6. #5
    Senior Member 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ's Avatar
    Gil
    133,870.87
    Gender
    My Mood
    Dead
    Gifts Bigro MA 05 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-20-2014 05:08 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    神席@大劇場
    Age
    30
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    687
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    90

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    Not a fact? REALLY? Then I suppose the fact that Kuro is DRAWN, COLORED, and ANIMATED doesnt make one who says different sound like an idiot? All anime are cartoons but not all cartoons are anime. Thisbe a fact and not up for debate.
    actually by definition alone
    cartoon is not animated
    animation though IS animated drawn and coloured pictures therefore the umbrella term here is animation and not cartoon
    further more anime is short for animation but also has become a word recognized by English language to refer ONLY to the Japanese style of animation

    here the definitions from Oxford Dictionary of English
    Animation
    Cartoon
    Anime




  7. #6
    Banned Forum / Chat Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    42,751.58
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Cookie Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2014 07:29 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bubble-gum Kingdom.
    Threads
    20
    Posts
    1,851
    Blog Entries
    118
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    Not a fact? REALLY? Then I suppose the fact that Kuro is DRAWN, COLORED, and ANIMATED doesnt make one who says different sound like an idiot? All anime are cartoons but not all cartoons are anime. Thisbe a fact and not up for debate.
    Then by that logic, you don't need the proof you are asking for. I too, believe that if someone calls an anime series a cartoon, he or she is somewhat right.
    Cartoons, like you said, can be animated to move across the screen. That is pretty much all anime as most are adaptations of manga.. Which are basically Japanese cartoons. Shunning people for ”degrading” anime by calling it cartoons is an elitist mentality.
    Last edited by Albear; 10-22-2013 at 11:27 PM.

  8. #7
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    1,000,762,903.58
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Cookie Wolf
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2014 08:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    27
    Threads
    338
    Posts
    14,730
    Blog Entries
    839
    AW Wallpapers
    26
    Rep Power
    10164
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Geeze, calm down Clayton Jr.

  9. Likes Rainbow Crash liked this post
  10. #8
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    1,963.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 08:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    26
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,755
    Rep Power
    2447
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    Not a fact? REALLY? Then I suppose the fact that Kuro is DRAWN, COLORED, and ANIMATED doesnt make one who says different sound like an idiot? All anime are cartoons but not all cartoons are anime. Thisbe a fact and not up for debate.

  11. #9
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 12:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Are you implying you already KNEW Kuro is both an anime and a cartoon and I just wasted my breath and font? Anyway I'm sealing my own web domain called fsciencefastianbargainsarereal.web.com Not kidding with that one. I want my own real contract seal.

  12. #10
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    1,963.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 08:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    26
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,755
    Rep Power
    2447
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    Are you implying you already KNEW Kuro is both an anime and a cartoon and I just wasted my breath and font? Anyway I'm sealing my own web domain called fsciencefastianbargainsarereal.web.com Not kidding with that one. I want my own real contract seal.

  13. Likes Ωmega liked this post
  14. #11
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    1,000,762,903.58
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Cookie Wolf
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2014 08:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    27
    Threads
    338
    Posts
    14,730
    Blog Entries
    839
    AW Wallpapers
    26
    Rep Power
    10164
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.


  15. Likes GameGeeks liked this post
  16. #12
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 12:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    I can't believe I wasted good font on something every Kuro fan ( except for weebs) knows. * face hoof*

  17. #13
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    1,963.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 08:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    26
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,755
    Rep Power
    2447
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    I can't believe I wasted good font on something every Kuro fan ( except for weebs) knows. * face hoof*

  18. Likes Ωmega liked this post
  19. #14
    Level: 4 Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    96,150.05
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 09:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    433
    Posts
    8,377
    Blog Entries
    99
    Rep Power
    8148
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Why are you spazzing out o_o ........? Calm down and go watch some anime.
    Last edited by Yoko Littner; 10-24-2013 at 01:19 AM.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Just my moe service to all of AF~

  20. #15
    Numbah One Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    65,744.74
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2014 06:03 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia, South Australia
    Age
    23
    Threads
    52
    Posts
    3,676
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    1070
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Zainox-

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    It's exactly as @星らぶ said.
    Cartoon is usually the term for western animation.
    Anime is used for Japanese animation.
    They were just terms used for different types and regions of animation. Yes, they are all animation. But the categories given
    (cartoon/anime) separates them.
    So, if someone says Kuroshitsuji is a cartoon, they are wrong. An animation? Yes.
    If someone says Avatar the last Airbender is an anime, they are wrong. Even though it was animated in Korea, it's still technically a cartoon.

    Weather you wish to except these facts are up too you.

    On a different note, welcome to the forum!
    *throws welcoming confetti*

    Did some Googling. Apparently the term cartoon and anime both stand for all terms of animation in their own regions. So technically you could use them both for all animation. But through time, they have been defined by people.

    ~Source~

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartoon


    MY BIG AF FAMILY

     
    Coffi - Younger Sister
    Skywen - Fraternal Twin
    horrendous - long-lost half-brothers who ran into each other at walmart and recognized one another from family photos!

    Femme Fatale - Sister
    Kaleohano - Evil Twin
    aether - Weird uncle who makes outrageous claims like "I invented the apostrophe or the toilet"/Forum Bestie
    -Sasuke Uchiha- - Friend/Uchiha Avenger
    FluffyEmjay - Baby Brother


  21. #16
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 12:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zainox View Post
    It's exactly as @星らぶ said.
    Cartoon is usually the term for western animation.
    Anime is used for Japanese animation.
    They were just terms used for different types and regions of animation. Yes, they are all animation. But the categories given
    (cartoon/anime) separates them.
    So, if someone says Kuroshitsuji is a cartoon, they are wrong. An animation? Yes.
    If someone says Avatar the last Airbender is an anime, they are wrong. Even though it was animated in Korea, it's still technically a cartoon.

    Weather you wish to except these facts are up too you.



    On a different note, welcome to the forum!
    *throws welcoming confetti*

    Did some Googling. Apparently the term cartoon and anime both stand for all terms of

    animation in their own regions. So technically you could use them both for all animation. But through time, they have been defined by people.

    ~Source~

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartoon
    That is so ridiculous. I will now mock it to show you how flimsy that is. ANYTHING animated can be classed as a cartoon. The saying that the term " Cartoon " can only mean Western animation is more otaku scare tactics and the fact taht you really said that BS means you are just parroting the drivel.

    I also see your source is Wikipedia. You need a new link. Here try this one.


    http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=596803

    Also, it says many times that " All anime ARE cartoons but not all cartoons are anime" this is not debateable, it is a proven fact. Also, the fact that Kuroshitsuji ( and all anime really) is drawn, colored and animated makes anybody that says different sound like an idiot.

    Also note that one smart poster said " Although anime and WESTERN animation is different, it is NOT false to say they are BOTH cartoons. Fact.

    All your ridiculous arguments are flawed. I really didnt think I would have to add that part about how Kuroshitsuji DOES count as an animated cartoon but for people like you I see I should have!

  22. #17
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    37,456.78
    Gender
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 10:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Age
    24
    Threads
    47
    Posts
    2,027
    Rep Power
    2242
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post

    All your ridiculous arguments are flawed. I really didnt think I would have to add that part about how Kuroshitsuji DOES count as an animated cartoon but for people like you I see I should have!

    You need to take a chill pill. I'm not even joking.



    If we want to talk about the literal definitions of words, we can end the thread with this:

    Animation = Anime = Cartoon

    These things are one and the same. There is no distinction between them. That's it. The end. Go eat a cookie.

    However, CULTURALLY, there is a distinction. In the West, the word "cartoon" is generally used for Western animation, while "anime" is used for Japanese animation, just as "manhua" is used for Chinese animation and "manhwa" is used for Korean animation (although "manhua" and "manhwa" are used to for comics from their respective countries, the word is also used for their animated shows as well, to keep things simple).

    It should be known that this distinction is made along the lines of where the franchise originated, not where the animation was actually done. For example, The Simpsons and Hey Arnold! are called "cartoons" even though every episode from each series was animated in South Korea. And despite the fact that the Japanese would call Spongebob and The Legend of Korra "anime", these shows aren't called that in the West since they were made in America (well, some people call Korra an anime, but that is a separate discussion). In fact, I usually make the argument that most people come to the Anime Forum with the intention of discussing Japanese cartoons, not ALL cartoons, despite the Japanese definition of the word "anime".
    This is my war face.

    This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

  23. #18
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 12:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    You need to take a chill pill. I'm not even joking.



    If we want to talk about the literal definitions of words, we can end the thread with this:

    Animation = Anime = Cartoon

    These things are one and the same. There is no distinction between them. That's it. The end. Go eat a cookie.

    However, CULTURALLY, there is a distinction. In the West, the word "cartoon" is generally used for Western animation, while "anime" is used for Japanese animation, just as "manhua" is used for Chinese animation and "manhwa" is used for Korean animation (although "manhua" and "manhwa" are used to for comics from their respective countries, the word is also used for their animated shows as well, to keep things simple).

    It should be known that this distinction is made along the lines of where the franchise originated, not where the animation was actually done. For example, The Simpsons and Hey Arnold! are called "cartoons" even though every episode from each series was animated in South Korea. And despite the fact that the Japanese would call Spongebob and The Legend of Korra "anime", these shows aren't called that in the West since they were made in America (well, some people call Korra an anime, but that is a separate discussion). In fact, I usually make the argument that most people come to the Anime Forum with the intention of discussing Japanese cartoons, not ALL cartoons, despite the Japanese definition of the word "anime".
    Thanks for providing suitable proof that Kuroshitsuji is an anime AND a cartoon. Little does Zainox know by the definition of an animated cartoon, its laughable to claim Kuro ( or any other anime) is not.

  24. #19
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    1,963.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 08:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    26
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,755
    Rep Power
    2447
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    That is so ridiculous. I will now mock it to show you how flimsy that is. ANYTHING animated can be classed as a cartoon. The saying that the term " Cartoon " can only mean Western animation is more otaku scare tactics and the fact taht you really said that BS means you are just parroting the drivel.

    I also see your source is Wikipedia. You need a new link. Here try this one.


    http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=596803

    Also, it says many times that " All anime ARE cartoons but not all cartoons are anime" this is not debateable, it is a proven fact. Also, the fact that Kuroshitsuji ( and all anime really) is drawn, colored and animated makes anybody that says different sound like an idiot.

    Also note that one smart poster said " Although anime and WESTERN animation is different, it is NOT false to say they are BOTH cartoons. Fact.

    All your ridiculous arguments are flawed. I really didnt think I would have to add that part about how Kuroshitsuji DOES count as an animated cartoon but for people like you I see I should have!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    Thanks for providing suitable proof that Kuroshitsuji is an anime AND a cartoon. Little does Zainox know by the definition of an animated cartoon, its laughable to claim Kuro ( or any other anime) is not.
    Last edited by GameGeeks; 10-24-2013 at 04:10 PM.

  25. #20
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 12:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    GameGeeks why do you insist Im a derp? Are you just obsessed with Derp memes? Are you calling me a derp because I stated the blatantly obvious state,dnt of Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon? Did you really think I or anyone else didnt know that? How long did it take you guys to figure out Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon? My guess is like, 5 seconds

  26. #21
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 12:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Explain how Im a derp? Is it because the fact that Kuro is both an anime and a cartoon is blatantly obvious and I posted it as if nobody knew that? Any way how long did it take you guys to figure that out?

  27. #22
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    1,000,762,903.58
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Cookie Wolf
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2014 08:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    27
    Threads
    338
    Posts
    14,730
    Blog Entries
    839
    AW Wallpapers
    26
    Rep Power
    10164
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    Explain how Im a derp? Is it because the fact that Kuro is both an anime and a cartoon is blatantly obvious and I posted it as if nobody knew that? Any way how long did it take you guys to figure that out?
    Because you felt the need to make a thread that really wasnt needed and stated something that probably only Clayton would argue against [because he seems to like to start them]. So thank you Captain Obvious, your work here is done.

  28. #23
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    37,456.78
    Gender
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 10:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Age
    24
    Threads
    47
    Posts
    2,027
    Rep Power
    2242
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    Thanks for providing suitable proof that Kuroshitsuji is an anime AND a cartoon. Little does Zainox know by the definition of an animated cartoon, its laughable to claim Kuro ( or any other anime) is not.
    Remember when I said to chill? That still applies....

    If you read Zainox's post, you will see that he said the same thing I did. I just made a longer version of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zainox View Post
    Did some Googling. Apparently the term cartoon and anime both stand for all terms of animation in their own regions. So technically you could use them both for all animation. But through time, they have been defined by people.
    That's what I said, is it not? That "Anime" and "Cartoon" are essentially the same things? That only a cultural context separates the two terms? As I said, if we are going to use the literal definitions, this thread could have ended a long time ago. Most people won't argue that the terms are interchangeable in the literal sense. In the back of the minds of most people, the terms "cartoon" and "anime" mean the same thing.

    HOWEVER, and this is the point that appears to be escaping you, most anime fans would refrain from calling anime "cartoons", since the term "cartoon" has been culturally reserved for Western animation (along with the social stigma of the word "cartoon", but that is a separate discussion). This is the reason why most anime fans would readily say that Kuroshitsuji is an anime, but hesitate at calling it a "cartoon"; one either goes with the literal translation and undermine the cultural definition of "anime" (as in undermining the reason why we separate the two) or state that there is a difference when one doesn't exist. There is no winning that argument, so it is better that people recognize these definitions ahead of time instead of asking whether an anime is a cartoon. Its the same thing as asking if a tiger is a cat or if rain is water.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    Explain how Im a derp? Is it because the fact that Kuro is both an anime and a cartoon is blatantly obvious and I posted it as if nobody knew that? Any way how long did it take you guys to figure that out?
    Immediately. The "Is anime a cartoon?" discussion is something that has been done over and over again on AF. Plus, as I said, most anime fans already know that, inherently, there is no difference between the two terms. Its just that within the anime community, there is a difference, but (technically) only where the shows come from.

    Since it is obvious that you asking about the literal definition, something that most people already intrinsically know, yeah, you are looking a little derpy right now.
    This is my war face.

    This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

  29. #24
    Senior Member Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi is infamous around these parts Zombie Ixi's Avatar
    Gil
    3,519.01
    Gender
    Gifts Tiger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 12:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Remember when I said to chill? That still applies....

    If you read Zainox's post, you will see that he said the same thing I did. I just made a longer version of it.



    That's what I said, is it not? That "Anime" and "Cartoon" are essentially the same things? That only a cultural context separates the two terms? As I said, if we are going to use the literal definitions, this thread could have ended a long time ago. Most people won't argue that the terms are interchangeable in the literal sense. In the back of the minds of most people, the terms "cartoon" and "anime" mean the same thing.

    HOWEVER, and this is the point that appears to be escaping you, most anime fans would refrain from calling anime "cartoons", since the term "cartoon" has been culturally reserved for Western animation (along with the social stigma of the word "cartoon", but that is a separate discussion). This is the reason why most anime fans would readily say that Kuroshitsuji is an anime, but hesitate at calling it a "cartoon"; one either goes with the literal translation and undermine the cultural definition of "anime" (as in undermining the reason why we separate the two) or state that there is a difference when one doesn't exist. There is no winning that argument, so it is better that people recognize these definitions ahead of time instead of asking whether an anime is a cartoon. Its the same thing as asking if a tiger is a cat or if rain is water.




    Immediately. The "Is anime a cartoon?" discussion is something that has been done over and over again on AF. Plus, as I said, most anime fans already know that, inherently, there is no difference between the two terms. Its just that within the anime community, there is a difference, but (technically) only where the shows come from.

    Since it is obvious that you asking about the literal definition, something that most people already intrinsically know, yeah, you are looking a little derpy right now.
    You're right. Scientifically, anime and cartoons are NOT different, but here in America we think they are. So you're saying even the strawman knew Kuroshitsuji was both an anime and a cartoon? That fact was as obvious as " Hamsters and gerbils are both rodents"? * face hoof* And I felt like Einstein when I said Kuro is both an anime and a cartoon...

  30. #25
    Numbah One Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    65,744.74
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2014 06:03 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia, South Australia
    Age
    23
    Threads
    52
    Posts
    3,676
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    1070
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Zainox-

    Default Re: I need proof Kuroshitsuji is both an anime and a cartoon.

    You realize you can have a perfectly fine discussion without being apprehensive, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    ANYTHING animated can be classed as a cartoon
    Isn't this what I said in my previous post? I also posted links to the wiki proving this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    This is a forum board full of opinions. How is this any better than a wiki?

    Quote Originally Posted by Darigan Ixi View Post
    Also, it says many times that " All anime ARE cartoons but not all cartoons are anime" this is not debateable, it is a proven fact.
    Did you read the wiki I linked. In there it states that anime and cartoons can be represented for all animations.
    Quoted from the wiki:
    Anime -"The word is the abbreviated pronunciation of "animation" in Japanese. In Japanese, the term references all animation"
    Cartoon - "Because of the stylistic similarities between comic strips and early animated movies, "cartoon" came to refer to animation, and the word "cartoon" is currently used to refer to both animated cartoons and gag cartoons"


    MY BIG AF FAMILY

     
    Coffi - Younger Sister
    Skywen - Fraternal Twin
    horrendous - long-lost half-brothers who ran into each other at walmart and recognized one another from family photos!

    Femme Fatale - Sister
    Kaleohano - Evil Twin
    aether - Weird uncle who makes outrageous claims like "I invented the apostrophe or the toilet"/Forum Bestie
    -Sasuke Uchiha- - Friend/Uchiha Avenger
    FluffyEmjay - Baby Brother


  31. Likes Konkulf liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Anime declaring characters dead without proof of death
    By Videogamer555 in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-17-2010, 06:32 PM
  2. Need help Looking for an Anime/Cartoon...
    By TheSymposium in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 05:23 PM
  3. Fav cartoon (not anime)
    By RAMENROCKS in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 02:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts