AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anime/Manga series turn into Musicals

Senior Member 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Bigro MA 05 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2015 01:23 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Anime/Manga series turn into Musicals

As a theatre lover I can't really stop myself speaking about theatrical adaptations of Anime/Manga series over the years from famous and less famous theatrical troupes in Japan.

It is not very know in the western community of anime/manga fans that musicals have been playing an important role in popularity of a series.

here is a list of the musicals I know:
    • Regular theatre troupes

- Sailor Moon musicals, they run between 1993~2005. After a long pause they revived the musical in 2013 as a celebratory for the 20th anniversary.

- Shoujo kakumei Utena musicals, they got 3 different musical stages in 1997, 1999 and 2000

- Bleach musicals, they got a long run of musicals between 2006~2012 of different productions

- Prince of tennis musicals, many productions between 2003~2010 and a 2011 one described as "second season"

- Kuroshitsuji musicals, run couple of stages between 2009~2010

- Ribon no kishi musicals, 1983 was the first stage, they got some more in 1998, 2001~2003, 2006, and 2011

- Ginga eiyu densetsu musicals, running since 2011+

• Special theatre troupes:

- Berusaiyu no bara musicals, running ever since 1974 and still keep on going with 2 already scheduled performances for next years and many more for the years to come, Ikeda Riyoko herself have written side stories of her masterpiece for the theatrical adaptations.

- Black Jack musicals, in 1994, and a revive earlier this year(2013)

- Orpheus no Madomusical, in 1983

- Ginga eiyu densetsu musical, in 2012

- Meichan no shitsuji musical, in 2011

- Jin musicals, in 2012 and 2013

---

also couple of games which is Phoenix Wright and sengoku BASARA

have anyone seen any of these, does anyone knows any other musicals or theatre stages of Anime/manga series?
    Last edited by 星らぶ; 10-24-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

Default Re: Anime/Manga series turn into Musicals

You know, I'd really like to see one of those anime/manga musicals someday.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Senior Member 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Red*~ View Post
    You know, I'd really like to see one of those anime/manga musicals someday.
    there are couple of digest videos on the internets for some of them
    do you have any particular in mind?

EDIT:

here some vids from you tube
    Bleach Rock Musical

Kuroshitsuji

Utena (very bad vid quality)

Prince of Tenis:

Sailor moon (just one vid of the gazillion productions)

and Berubara

EDIT 2:

and I got pictures from some of the other shows ^^

Jin

Black Jack

Ginga eiyu densetsu

and for the games I mentioned:

sengoku BASARA

Phoenix wright
    Last edited by 星らぶ; 10-24-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    Threads

nerima Daikon Brothers

An episode of Excel Saga was also made a musical I believe.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 10-24-2013 at 05:28 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

5. Dislikes 星らぶ disliked this post
    Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

right...
    I wish just for a moment that "STAGE THEATRE" was ringing any bells in this thread and that I was referring to actual real life actors on stage performing musical productions and NOT what happens in anime...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information