As a theatre lover I can't really stop myself speaking about theatrical adaptations of Anime/Manga series over the years from famous and less famous theatrical troupes in Japan.
It is not very know in the western community of anime/manga fans that musicals have been playing an important role in popularity of a series.
here is a list of the musicals I know:
- Regular theatre troupes
- Sailor Moon musicals, they run between 1993~2005. After a long pause they revived the musical in 2013 as a celebratory for the 20th anniversary.
- Shoujo kakumei Utena musicals, they got 3 different musical stages in 1997, 1999 and 2000
- Bleach musicals, they got a long run of musicals between 2006~2012 of different productions
- Prince of tennis musicals, many productions between 2003~2010 and a 2011 one described as "second season"
- Kuroshitsuji musicals, run couple of stages between 2009~2010
- Ribon no kishi musicals, 1983 was the first stage, they got some more in 1998, 2001~2003, 2006, and 2011
- Ginga eiyu densetsu musicals, running since 2011+
- Special theatre troupes:
- Berusaiyu no bara musicals, running ever since 1974 and still keep on going with 2 already scheduled performances for next years and many more for the years to come, Ikeda Riyoko herself have written side stories of her masterpiece for the theatrical adaptations.
- Black Jack musicals, in 1994, and a revive earlier this year(2013)
- Orpheus no Madomusical, in 1983
- Ginga eiyu densetsu musical, in 2012
- Meichan no shitsuji musical, in 2011
- Jin musicals, in 2012 and 2013
also couple of games which is Phoenix Wright and sengoku BASARA
have anyone seen any of these, does anyone knows any other musicals or theatre stages of Anime/manga series?