AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anime Depression

Member Huwl is on a distinguished road Huwl's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Grail
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2013 10:46 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Anime Depression

I do not know what is wrong with me, if I have hit a slump with anime. But I just use to really love anime. I still really do love anime. Last season my favorite shows were, Psycho Pass and Gatchaman, plus Uta no Prince Sama because it was hilarious.

I like Yami Shibai as well.

This season though. I just haven't been impressed. I feel like the animes have slowly burrowed a hole in my head.

Let us begin

Copellion - To me was just boring. There was nothing going on with the characters, nothing going on the dialogue. And then when they did want to hook you to watch the second episode, we get something anti-climatic, not very dangerous imo. It could have been good. The animation was top notch. I absolutely was in love with the visuals.

Log Horizon- Idk. This is something I should have liked. It had all the things I do like in anime. Yet, Idk. Maybe the pacing was off or something. I just slightly groaned and again it was kind of boring pacing wise.

Gingitsune- This one. Suffers from. I should have liked it, but it was predictable. I guessed who the character was in the first five seconds. And everything I said would happen with her did. So it was unenjoyable because it suffered from predictability syndrome.

Strike the Blood- Again another anime I should have liked! But. It was boring. Slow. And the characters suffered again from predictability syndrome.

Diabolik Lovers- Is some sort of sick anime. Celebrating rape culture. And the like. And it has no plot.

Kyokai - Again. Slow pacing. And I have no problem with slow pacing. I seriously do not, you should some of my top animes in a list. The problems was there was nothing going on. In the dialogue. In the characters.

So far the only animes I have liked in the new season of the number 1s I have seen are

KillaKilla

Capital Craze

Pokemon Origins

Yeah, three out of the couple I have watched.

Pokemon Origins is the Pokemon Anime We Should Have Had in the 90s. F-u Ash and Pikachu. This is Pokemon. The Pokemon make animal noises, like they should. There is actual Gym battles. And the Pokemon actually die. And Team Rocket is awful and this anime has made me cry a few manly tears. *looks around nervously*

KillaKilla is so over the top. I cannot take it seriously. I found it a comedy of violence and was laughing so hard.

Capital Craze. Honestly my mind isn't so sure. The visuals are weird. And I don't know what this anime is about.

Senior Member Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Cheese
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2014 08:33 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tragic Melody

Default Re: Anime Depression

Kyoukai no Kanata is by an animation company that primarily focuses on slice of life, don't expect a ton out of it excitement wise. Also, I think you're judging shows a little too early.

No idea about your personal anime tastes, but Golden Time shows promise if you like rom-coms, Nagi no Asukara might be a good drama/romance with a unique premise, and I have hope for Ars Nova though I haven't watched the first episode yet. I've heard good things about the BlazBlue games so it might be worth checking out the anime.

If you don't mind ecchi's, "Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita or "Yuushibu" has a laid back feel I enjoyed, and I'm personally looking forward to Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru or "NouCome".

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Grail
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Animes I like:

Trigun
    Cowboy Bebop
    Red Garden
    Monster
    Boccano
    Death Note
    Mononoke [not the movie the actual show with the medicine seller]
    Ghost Hound
    Ghost Hunt
    Experiment Lain
    Sci-Fi Harry
    Mushishi
    Gundam [Any]
    La Corda de Oro
    Fruits Basket
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    One Piece
    Durararar
    Gatchaman
    Psycho-Pass
    Phi Brain
    I cannot remember the name, but it was about the four classmates that run a mystery club
    Genshiken
    Hellsing
    Trinity Blood

There is so many to name.

But when I say action. I don't just mean in what is going on. But I mean in what is being said too. I write short stories and poems and scripts. And there needs to be something driving the dialogue.

I never been into romance, Golden Time isn't my style and neither was Nagi.

Even though I watched UtaPri, it's because it took itself more as a comedy than a romance.

Junior Member Jerbear01 is on a distinguished road Jerbear01's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2013 01:43 AM
    Threads

Could the Anime referring to the four classmates running the mystery club be The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Huwl?

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Huwl View Post
    Animes I like:

Trigun
    Cowboy Bebop
    Red Garden
    Monster
    Boccano
    Death Note
    Mononoke [not the movie the actual show with the medicine seller]
    Ghost Hound
    Ghost Hunt
    Experiment Lain
    Sci-Fi Harry
    Mushishi
    Gundam [Any]
    La Corda de Oro
    Fruits Basket
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    One Piece
    Durararar
    Gatchaman
    Psycho-Pass
    Phi Brain
    I cannot remember the name, but it was about the four classmates that run a mystery club
    Genshiken
    Hellsing
    Trinity Blood

There is so many to name.

But when I say action. I don't just mean in what is going on. But I mean in what is being said too. I write short stories and poems and scripts. And there needs to be something driving the dialogue.

I never been into romance, Golden Time isn't my style and neither was Nagi.

Even though I watched UtaPri, it's because it took itself more as a comedy than a romance.
    It may very be that you are growing bored of anime which can happen to longterm fans. My suggestion is to not force yourself to watch an anime when you are obviously going through a phase where anime is not as entertaining to you. Just take a break and then go back to some of those animes you seem not to like because some of them show promise.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Grail
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear01 View Post
    Could the Anime referring to the four classmates running the mystery club be The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Huwl?
    Well there is that.

But it had this little girl with black hair, and this boy with curly hair. And the two friends, one with brown hair, and a girl with curly brown hair.

Senior Member BronyBradyBuddyKiller is on a distinguished road BronyBradyBuddyKiller's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Scorpio Heart Katana
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2015 10:05 PM
    Threads

I felt something like this, not finding anime entertaining even though I had only been watching it for about 2 weeks...
    I stopped for about 2 months and picked it back up and now I can't put it down :P

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information