AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: broken blade

one without hope horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2014 10:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default broken blade

Anybody seen this? I just watched the first episode (which was an hour long) and really enjoyed it. The mecha's power source is an original concept (people from a certain part of the world have the ability to psychically manipulate quartz, so they built a bunch of mechs and guns out of it) and there's a sh*t ton of well-animated action.

the plot is standard fare, war between neighboring nations. however i felt a connection to the main and even background characters, they're well personalized and multi-faceted. you're dropped into the action immediately and backstory is achieved through brief flashbacks.

although, i do have one minor complaint... the barrels of all guns are square? and shoot rectangular bullets? why? if society is advanced enough to make mecha, surely they're advanced enough to know that a round bullet fired from a rifled barrel is far more aerodynamic, poweful and accurate. yes the bullets are fired by psychic energy (referred to in-show as "magic"), but even so the basics of gun design shouldn't change. well i'm a gun nut so this really bothered me.

anyway i rambled. great show!
    horĚrenĚdous
    adjective
    shockingly dreadful; horrible
    synonyms
    appalling, frightful, hideous

--

--

Death be not proud. Though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Cookie Paperclip Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2014 12:53 AM
    Just down from the House of Crosses in Alabama.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Re: broken blade

The gun barrels are square, but if I remember correctly the bullets are pyramids not rectangles. Either way, using a rectangle would cause more damage from having a greater surface area and volume. Though having a pyramid would allow for a larger velocity and quicker travel time.

Still I loved the show. Especially with the Mecha and Magic mix, though the plot and plot devices are stereotypical.
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 10-06-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

one without hope horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

well they were rectangular with pyramid points. nifty but inefficient.

and yes there's lots of stereotypical points in the show

like when rygart first gets in the ancient golem and is very awkward in it, gundam/evangelion anyone?

i've only seen the first episode so i can't say too much about the show, other than i'm invested in it and want to continue it. even with its stereotypical points, the characters are strong and the action is intense.
    horĚrenĚdous
    adjective
    synonyms

--

--

Death be not proud. Though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by horrendous View Post

like when rygart first gets in the ancient golem and is very awkward in it, gundam/evangelion anyone?
    Come on now. It's not stereotypical, it's common sense. Oh hey, I just found this mech and have never piloted on before. wth do I do? At least in Gundam the pilots (Even the first timers) had a general basis for knowing what they could do and were up without much fumbling around. It's kinda funny to me though, all that crap to figure it out and how long did it take for them to figure out that there's an ON switch?

[insert user title here] Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2013 09:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by horrendous View Post
    Anybody seen this? I just watched the first episode (which was an hour long) and really enjoyed it. The mecha's power source is an original concept (people from a certain part of the world have the ability to psychically manipulate quartz, so they built a bunch of mechs and guns out of it) and there's a sh*t ton of well-animated action.

the plot is standard fare, war between neighboring nations. however i felt a connection to the main and even background characters, they're well personalized and multi-faceted. you're dropped into the action immediately and backstory is achieved through brief flashbacks.

although, i do have one minor complaint... the barrels of all guns are square? and shoot rectangular bullets? why? if society is advanced enough to make mecha, surely they're advanced enough to know that a round bullet fired from a rifled barrel is far more aerodynamic, poweful and accurate. yes the bullets are fired by psychic energy (referred to in-show as "magic"), but even so the basics of gun design shouldn't change. well i'm a gun nut so this really bothered me.

anyway i rambled. great show!
    I was under the impression that the guns operated using air compressed by magic, not magic directly.

Anyway, I watched all seven episodes (assuming that's all there is at the moment, even though they left it wide open for a sequel or more episodes). I thought it was pretty great. The use of quartz as opposed to metal was an interesting twist... but I have to wonder why they didn't use metal at all? It's still useful, and would have made far better armor than quartz.

Gil
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nullpunkt View Post
    I was under the impression that the guns operated using air compressed by magic, not magic directly.

Anyway, I watched all seven episodes (assuming that's all there is at the moment, even though they left it wide open for a sequel or more episodes). I thought it was pretty great. The use of quartz as opposed to metal was an interesting twist... but I have to wonder why they didn't use metal at all? It's still useful, and would have made far better armor than quartz.
    that very well could be the way the guns work, but since the quartz can be psychically manipulated, i think pneumatics would be pointless.

you're right about the armor, the only parts of the golem that really needs to be made from quartz are the ligaments. though apparently some quartz is sturdier than others because standard golems get shredded easily but the silver backed golem is much harder to injure.
    horĚrenĚdous
    adjective
    synonyms

--

--

[insert user title here] Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2013 09:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Not just that, but the spikes the firearms fired not only punched through quartz armor, but they were also clearly cut from quartz as well. So I guess they were made of higher quality quartz? Maybe the crystalline structure was more rigid or something. Either way, there were definitely different grades of quartz. They mentioned that... what was it, "non-reactive quartz"? with which they made the Broken Blade golem's heavy armor.

Junior Member Alethea55 is on a distinguished road Alethea55's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2013 05:15 AM
    Threads

This has come quite handy. I have been trying to increase comments on my site to get some search engine love.

plagiarism-checker.me
    Last edited by Alethea55; 01-24-2014 at 04:15 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Alethea55 View Post
    This has come quite handy. I have been trying to increase comments on my site to get some search engine love.
    Please stay on topic with your posts...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information