AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Dubbed Or Subbed?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer Dubbed

1 33.33%
  • I prefer Subbed

2 66.67%
  • I don't really care.

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dubbed Or Subbed?

Senior Member Impending Mystery is on a distinguished road Impending Mystery's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Scorpio Heart Katana
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2014 03:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LegitWilliam77

Default Dubbed Or Subbed?

So do you prefer Dubbed Anime or Subbed Anime?
    I used to watch Dub until I tried out Sub...
    Whenever I hear a Dub I'm in more pain than the characters...
    Give me your opinion :P

Junior Member redblood is on a distinguished road redblood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2013 07:58 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Dubbed Or Subbed?

I prefer subbed anime because the Japanese voice actors usuallyfits the characters much better. Most of the English dubbed series I have seen have had voice actors that can't get through the emotions of the characters, or if they can get through the emotions they have a voice that doesn't fit the character at all. There are some really good dubbed anime, but most of them don't seem to work.

Also there is the problem with changes in the dubbed versions. It's probably not that many anime's that are being changed, but I'm a bit afraid of watching English dubbed anime because I don't know if they have changed the story or not. For example, they changed lines in sailor moon so that the lesbian couple became cousins instead. Maybe not a big change, but it feels a bit sad that America couldn't handle two girls being in love. But I haven't seen that far into the series yet so I don't know what an impact it might have done on the series, it might have changed everything.

In other series like Tokyo mew mew they changed some big plot points and character personalities. For example, in the original the aliens had once lived on earth and left because it became uninhabitable, but the planet they arrived to was even worse than their old home planet but they had to live there anyway because they couldn't get back to earth. Later on they come back to earth to take back the planet they once owned so that their families wouldn't die, and they don't think humans deserves the earth because of all the polluting they are doing. In the English dub the aliens didn't come from earth, their planet was just destroyed and they had to find a new planet so they decided to take over earth. Maybe it doesn't seem like a very big deal, but to me the aliens feels more heartless when they come and destroy someone else's planet because their own has been ruined, than if they come back to their old planet and notices how much humans are destroying it so they want to get rid of the humans and get their planet back. Sure both is wrong, but the original has a bit more justified wrong in it.

So I don't watch English dubbed anime so often mostly because I won't know if they have changed things in it if I haven't seen it before, and because they usually don't have very good voice actors or good voices for the roles. I make exceptions for some movies and series, but I mainly watch them in Japanese. If I watch dubbed series then they're usually in Swedish, and if I watch dubbed movies then they're usually in English.

Senior Member Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Hattori Hanzo Steel Soul Eater Soul Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2014 07:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like both, It Depends on the actors.

I prefer Sora no otoshimono in dubbed then subbed, But like bleach Id rather have subbed.

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2014 05:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

Default Re: Dubbed Or Subbed?

dubbed becouse i dont understand japanese and i dot read subtitles becouse im on f.b
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

Junior Member RyuKaji is on a distinguished road RyuKaji's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2013 08:01 AM
    Threads

Subb the orignal voice is rhe best

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information