AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Havn't watched anime for a very long time! Reccomend me something please

The lonely wolf Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2020 02:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Havn't watched anime for a very long time! Reccomend me something please

Hello,

I havn't watched for a long time. But I wondered what kind of anime's are out now that are fun to watch. I like the Genre that is for young men or for older guys.

I liked Full metal Alchemist, Hellsing, Getbackers, the Gundams.

I really liked Rurouni Kenshin, Mushishi, and Gundam Seed because of the character development.

Hopefully you can reccomend me something?

Junior Member Yo_Tristan is on a distinguished road Yo_Tristan's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2013 08:59 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ChanceHinely PSN ID: ChanceHinely

Default Re: Havn't watched anime for a very long time! Reccomend me something please

Bleach... Or naruto shispendu (Sorry about spelling) They sound to main stream but their very good shows.

Senior Member Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2016 03:56 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Havn't watched anime for a very long time! Reccomend me something please

Wont really go into detail about them all, just click the links to find out more about them if you find any of them interesting
    • Black Lagoon - Easily one of the best action anime's out there. Got a quite dark setting and overall feel to it, but not quite that of Hellsing etc.
    • Claymore - Another action anime with a dark setting, though here in medieval times instead of modern times. Also contains more fantasy type stuff like monsters etc.
    • Ergo Proxy - A psychological, sci-fi anime that has a really interesting story and setting (post apocalyptic). Really leaves your mind thinking a few times, and you've got to pay attention to the story to fully grasp what's actually going on.
    • Kara no Kyoukai - Mystery, action and thriller all packaged into this "little" series called Kara no Kyoukai. A lot of people haven't seen this for whatever reason, but it is one of my favourite anime's within the mystery/thriller genre. This is not a normal series btw, but more of a series of movies (the link is to the first movie).
    • Shinsekai Yori - Starts off as an everyday Slice-of-life series in a slightly weird setting, but builds up to become a more dark and dramatic series over it's course. Has a really great story and an intense buildup. Highly recommended.
    • Steins;Gate - Another anime that starts off as sort of an innocent SoL anime, but turns a lot more serious and dramatic later on. If you're into the Sci-Fi and mystery genre, I really can't recommend this enough.

Hope this list at least starts you off. Got a whole load more I could recommend, so just send me a message if you need more suggestions
    Last edited by Konkulf; 10-05-2013 at 10:58 AM.

4. Likes Syndicate liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Slayers. All five seasons.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Junior Member Christopher221B is on a distinguished road Christopher221B's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2014 10:04 AM
    Threads

The following are the best anime series you're probably gonna find:
    Steins;Gate (definitely at the top of my list) - It is the greatest Television series. And I've watched nearly everything from The Office to Game of Thrones and Suits as well as the anime below.
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Get Backers
    Elfen Lied
    Now and then, Here and there
    Higurashi no naku koro ni
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Looking up at the half moon
    Death Note
    Serial Experiments: Lain
    Planetes
    Baccano!

Good anime, not necessarily the best though:
    Chaos;Head
    Clannad (extremely boring, not as sad as they say, and extremely overrated, story was stupid, BUT its here because the visuals were stunning and the music fit very well, voice acting was just right too) - BUT I've heard Clannad After Story is extremely good and I may watch it soon.
    B Gata H Kei

I've possibly seen a few more that go into the latter category, none that I recall as of now, and let me clear some things up.

Firstly, I've heard comparisons being made between Elfen Lied and Clannad, and the truth is that (regardless of whether Clannad After Story is more depressing or not), the two should not be compared. Why? Because what Elfen Lied did in merely 12-13 episodes is far superior to what Clannad IS. The first season of the Clannad duology is excreta. I watched it with high hopes, the first season is just excreta though. It trails on and on. I considered watching Clannad AS, but was told that Clannad was a prerequisite. I usually rate based on story and length and the truth is that Steins;Gate and Elfen Lied are the greatest. By me, any anime that needs 24 episodes to set up a dull, boring beginning is just not worth it. I say this because I completed Clannad today and I am extremely disappointed. As for Elfen Lied, regardless of the manga which I have not read, is exhilarating.
    So yea, watch the given three first:
    Steins;Gate / Elfen Lied/ Planetes
    Then Now and Then, here and there and the rest.
    Alright

Junior Member cppietime is on a distinguished road cppietime's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2014 11:15 PM
    Threads

Is no one going to recommend Code Geass? Then I will. CODE GEASS: LELOUCH OF THE REBELLION!
    9.5/10 IMO, only problem is that one character, Nina Einstein, everything else is just about perfect. Go watch it if you haven't.
    Other shows you may check(that I don't think have been mentioned):
    Evangelion(Neon Genesis before watching Rebuild movies),
    Cowboy Bebop(now that's just one of the classics),
    Trigun,
    Attack on Titan,
    Future Diary,
    oh, but let's not forget Boku no Pico.

Senior Member GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2018 07:35 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tOSUguy2002

Poster above mentions some good ones.

I would not recommend watching any Anime where there are several hundred episodes. Why start something youll never finish?

I would recommend

Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Attack on Titan
    Cowboy Bebop
    Samurai Champloo
    Basilisk
    Code Geass
    Elfen Lied
    Deadman Wonderland

The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Mario ZStar Autobots
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2019 02:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrain Steam ID: Discade

Fairy Tail, Blue Exorcist, Date A Live?
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

Xbox Live: Thrain
    MyAnimeList: iRhya

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

Thanks to whoever.
    But this was requested more than a year ago.

Member jagz817 is on a distinguished road jagz817's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-02-2014 03:17 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: jaguars817

Let's Keep it goin!

Black Lagoon
    Cowboy Bebop
    One Piece
    Naruto
    Bleach
    Gundam Wing, 001, etc.
    Gundam Wing Movie: Endless Waltz
    Inuyasha
    Samurai Champloo

Gonna stop for now.

Signaturebymenalove2010

"After all of this is finished and my hunt is complete, I will reward you with a painless death."

- Roberta (Black Lagoon)

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

WATCH MADOKA

its the best thing to come out in the last 4 years.

Junior Member WillRosehell is on a distinguished road WillRosehell's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-22-2014 11:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Willrosehell

Try psycho pass, black butler, or angel beats

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Soul Eater
    Ah My Goddess
    Please Teacher
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information