AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opinions on Toradora!

Member Drichos is on a distinguished road Drichos's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2013 05:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: drichos

Default Opinions on Toradora!

I have just finished watching Toradora and I must say I have very mixed feelings about this anime, at the start of the anime I found it to be really enjoyable lots of funny moments and even though Taiga was rejected it was still really enjoyable to watch Taiga's and Ryūji's relationship (more of a friendship at this point) grow. But the anime turned really depressing fast for me countless rejections were to follow, every ones feelings constantly not being received by the ones they love at around the 18 episode mark I really started to loose interest in this anime because every time I watched an episode it felt like a black cloud settled in above me preparing me for 22 mins of depression. I was finally relieved when Taiga and Ryūji got together right near the end of the anime until that was even ripped away with Taiga's departure to go live with her mother, in the end she does return at the last 20 seconds of the anime but it wasn't a happy ending that i can say I really enjoyed.

I know its a slice of life anime and a lot of the time life is miserable but this anime just left sorrow and unanswered questions in my mind.I would really like to get some more opinions on this anime from other people to see how you all felt about the storyline and possible ways you think it could have been better.

I would really like to get some more opinions on this anime from other people to see how you all felt about the storyline and possible ways you think it could have been better.

Was there possibly something I overlooked in this anime or was my emotionally inferior male brain just lacking?

Junior Member Solomore is on a distinguished road Solomore's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2014 11:20 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Opinions on Toradora!

I really enjoyed it. however the last episode when she ups and leaves out of nowhere, only for her to just show up at the last second really bothered me.
    Characters 8/10. Ryuji and Taiga are a few characters i havent seen before in the same light. alot of memorable characters however some of them are all too generic
    Story 8/10. The story has a lot of cliches, however it has enough of its own material to keep it fresh and a new experience.
    Music 8/10. The music had little flaws and even those arent noticable at all.
    Overall 8/10. The anime despite having a short run, was a fresh experience to many, if not most slice of life anime fans. Though in the end it felt like you just played a game where you just die in the end, with a bittersweet moment at the last second.

Level: 4 Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2014 11:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

I thought the show was amazing! It was a fantastic love story with mostly all great characters. It would be on my top ten, but I'm loving Another so much!
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!

~Just my moe service to all of AF~

Member Rusty Blade is on a distinguished road Rusty Blade's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2013 04:36 AM
    Threads

Every little 3-4 episode arc of the show follows the same pattern. The first episode is mostly comedic relief and everyone get's along. Episode 2 builds up some sort of tension between whomever the arc is focusing on and things get dramatic rather quickly. In the third episode, everything falls apart and characters grow closer together after suffering through some kind of emotional trauma. This pattern repeats throughout the entire series and although you would think an anime that takes such a formulaic approach to story-telling wouldn't be that incredible but by god it works amazingly well in Toradora. Of course the pessimism and sadness can be jarring which is what seems to have set you off, but that's what I loved most about Tordaora, having a romance that wasn't all roses and blushes and fluffy clouds and grozit. It was a more accurate portrayal of young love.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information