AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Hiow seriously do you take anime?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • I watch it

15 62.50%
  • I buy merchandise

11 45.83%
  • I spend more on merchandise than most people spend on food

4 16.67%
  • You can't look around my house without seeing anime stuff

6 25.00%
  • i'm learning Japanese and considering changing my name tot hat of a character

6 25.00%
  • meet my children, Inuyasha and Kagome... who told you two to stop kissing!?!

2 8.33%
  • You're only locking me up in this assylem to get my DVDS!

2 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How seriously do you take anime?

Senior Member 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Bigro MA 05 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2015 01:23 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How seriously do you take anime?

I'm definitely more serious about theatre than anime, but I still view anime as any other entertainment media, get the little teachings here and there, buy the DVDs for my collection, have favourites, I write fanfics on my favourite couple.

I do learn Japanese (2 years in private lessons already) but that has nothing to do with anime but more with, "I want to move to Japan and work there" (and yes I have already visited, and I do know what to expect and what I want )

2. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Junior Member Jerbear01 is on a distinguished road Jerbear01's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2013 01:43 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    I see. well alright then.

I guess none of the categories that i can vote on rally sum it up for me. the only money i spend on anime is a subscription to crunchyroll. i dont have kids, i wouldnt name them after anime characters, and i dont have a secret collection of dvd's or merchandise. Uness you counted my car. I did kinda do that (still a work in progress, having longevity issues) once i get it all ironed out, i'll do it to the whole car.

http://i.imgur.com/iINzU6q.jpg
    ^click it^
    Not sure if you follow a channel on YouTube called MightyCarMods but they sticker bombed the exact same place on their car with manga as well... If I had any artistic talent whatsoever I would love to do this to a project car...
    Here's the video of the car I mentioned by the way... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...42AOZIk#t=1279

The video was done in a satirical manner so don't take them too serious with the car. Although the finish producted does look pretty awesome...

Junior Member redblood is on a distinguished road redblood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads

I watch a lot of anime but I don't take it overly seriously. I love to discuss it but I don't get angry or offended if someone don't agree with my OTPs or other things. I do collect manga but I only buy it when I can afford it and if I know that I need the money to other things then I hold back from buying any manga. I am learning Japanese which started because of anime, but then became something I did because it was fun in itself.

So I don't think I take anime and manga that seriously, though I have my moments when I can be really serious with my favorite shows.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    Threads

As long as you enjoy yourself just have fun.

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear01 View Post
    Not sure if you follow a channel on YouTube called MightyCarMods but they sticker bombed the exact same place on their car with manga as well... If I had any artistic talent whatsoever I would love to do this to a project car...
    Here's the video of the car I mentioned by the way... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...42AOZIk#t=1279

The video was done in a satirical manner so don't take them too serious with the car. Although the finish producted does look pretty awesome...
    lol i've never seen these guys before. Pretty badass car though. I actually tried doing it almost the exact same way they did in the video, and thats what was causing it to not last very long. I've made a lot of progress as far as how to do it properly since that pic. I'll post a picture of the trunk of my car at the show tomorrow. I think you might like what i've done. If it lasts for the next 3 months without issues, i'll be doing the whole car.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

I think it all depends on the series. Some have made me cry and be in a bad mood for the rest of the day, but the same can be said with certain films and books I have read. Furthermore, some animes remain in my mind during everyday life and I even have day dreams about them!
    However, I respect that everybody is entitled to their own opinion, so I wouldn't fall out with someone just because they insulted a character or didn't like anime.
    I have a lot of merchandise, but I have about the same amount of movie posters and pictures of my family on my wall as anime posters, so I think I have a healthy balance! XD

If I had more money I can imagine I would have a lot more merchandise and could probably reach the level of a full fledged otaku (I have an obsessive personality), but luckily I actually have a budget which stops me from going overboard!
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    Threads

heard of the leet Street Boys?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 10-12-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information