So here's my topic. Will anime ever be popular again and succeed or will the anime industry fail and die out (the very idea scares me). Anime is only really popular in Japan nowadays and anime and manga are very mainstream over there. But outside of Japan I think the vast majority of people don't really knows about anime and wouldn't even of heard of shows we, as anime fans, generally all know about. Shows such as 'One Piece', 'Fairy Tail, 'Naruto' etc. Anime was popular once. That was the golden age of when shows like 'Dragonball Z', 'Pokemon' and 'Sailor Moon' came about. If you asked anyone about these anime, most people would have at least heard of them. That time when everybody was watching these shows was the 1980s and 90s! A long time ago. People could go home and programs like 'Cartoon Network' would air these shows. Naruto was even on Cartoon Network once. Now, well anime isn't doing so well outside of Japan. I think there are 2 main reasons for this.

Firstly, the main reason. Anime doesn't have anything to propel it into the mainstream media. TV is a huge power among people. Cartoon Network or other programs like Toonami just don't show anime at times people would want to watch them anymore or not at all. Anime used to be on at reasonable times in the evening but now, its only shown at times around midnight or very late or too early in the morning. Anime is fairly popular on the internet but that just isn't as effective as television.

Another reason is cultural differences. Some western shows starring real actors have similar plots to anime shows in Japan. But in order to understand anime, you need to know about some terminology. Japanese honorifics, cuisine, special times and holidays in Japan. Western cultures aren't familiar with them.

I'm sorry if I missed some points, and if I have feel free to point them out or say your own opinion
RANTOVER.