AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Overwhelmed in Programming courses

Senior Member AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Drill Gurren Dai Gurren Dan K-on Pick
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2017 08:46 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Overwhelmed in Programming courses

This semester I started my programming courses that are required by my degree. This is something that I have been wanting to learn, but so far all this new information is a little overwhelming to me and it's starting to overload my brain a bit.

Does anyone have advice on how to deal with the overload of information?

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: Overwhelmed in Programming courses

programming and coding. Two worst things on the planet. Don't really have any other advice except just study. Google the basics, start from there and work to where you currently are in class.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Crash View Post
    programming and coding. Two worst things on the planet. Don't really have any other advice except just study. Google the basics, start from there and work to where you currently are in class.
    Ok thank you for the help anyways. It's only the first week so we haven't really covered to much. The best thing is that my professors are going to guide us through the first assignment so that we get the hang of the programming languages.

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The only good advice one can give you is to just sit and code. Learning the basics by reading books is like trying to learn how to paint by visiting an art gallery. My suggestion is to get your notes and try to re-do at home at a slower pace everything the professor showed you in class. When you have the basics covered, proceed to do your own simple projects that would make your life easier like currency converters, simple games like the X-O game, a movie database that includes all your movies and so on. They don't have to be really complex and user friendly. For now just make them useful to you. The Internet simplified the mentioned stuff a lot, so you might find re-inventing hot water useless, but it's good practice and you might add things to your programs that you need and others don't offer.

Good luck with your studies. ^_^

5. Likes AnimeBboy liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FlashD View Post
    The only good advice one can give you is to just sit and code. Learning the basics by reading books is like trying to learn how to paint by visiting an art gallery. My suggestion is to get your notes and try to re-do at home at a slower pace everything the professor showed you in class. When you have the basics covered, proceed to do your own simple projects that would make your life easier like currency converters, simple games like the X-O game, a movie database that includes all your movies and so on. They don't have to be really complex and user friendly. For now just make them useful to you. The Internet simplified the mentioned stuff a lot, so you might find re-inventing hot water useless, but it's good practice and you might add things to your programs that you need and others don't offer.

Good luck with your studies. ^_^
    Thanks for wishing me luck in my studies. Thanks for the advice and you know you're right when you said that the only way I'll learn programming is by sitting down at my computer and doing it.

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeBboy View Post
    Thanks for wishing me luck in my studies. Thanks for the advice and you know you're right when you said that the only way I'll learn programming is by sitting down at my computer and doing it.
    No, "sit down and do it" is too vague of a strategy. What you need to do is ask yourself what "what is the current challenge and how do I overcome it?" That will lead to more specific questions, like "How do I look through an array?" or "How do I display a picture?" Those are questions that are worth getting help over.

Senior Member nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2017 11:20 PM
    Threads

It's very hard to learn to program without motivation. The basics are very boring. However, it's very helpful to have a personal project that motivates you to learn. My personal motivating project was to write a battle.net bot (in your case, you could write an IRC bot if you were curious enough).

Gil
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well I went through my programming classes today and I have to say that everything my professor went over started making sense after we went step-by-step in C#. We did a very basic project in C# and it was fun doing it. Even though my professor told us how to do the project, I didn't end up with any errors when the program was running so it felt good to know that I am starting to understand programming.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information