AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Finding A Job.. The Struggle?

Sir Douchebag the Jew
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Hedgehog Hedgehog Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2014 01:54 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123

Default Re: Finding A Job.. The Struggle?

Eyy, OP is into Criminal Justice. Awesome. Haven't really seen anyone else interested in it on here.

For me, finding any job is a pain in the rear around where I live, let alone a decent paying one. Granted, I have yet to get my degree in Criminal Justice or Sociology, and so I know I'll most likely be a cashier or something until I get enough money to finish school. Not that I mind much; any money is better than no money. I'm a bit of a slacker honestly, but once I get started what with applications and resumes and such, I try to finish it through to the end. Unfortunately, most businesses I try and get through to end up telling me "sorry we've already hired someone else", or, "sorry we don't start hiring until [some time six months later], try again then". Sometimes I hear those words after spending hours, days, doing my best to be persistent by calling the manager back three times a week, going in personally to get to know my potential supervisors and co-workers, etc. It can be really discouraging after a while.

And since most of my adulthood has been in school, I don't have any snazzy work experience to show off, making it that much harder to hold a good interview. But I milk all of my volunteer work for what it's worth lol.

This will actually be my first Autumn not in school, because that seems to be the season most people decide to call me back for interviews. I hope I get as lucky as I have before for seasonal jobs, or I'll probably get kicked out of my apartment by springtime. So, fingers crossed guys.

この壁の外の世界
    自分の目の前で
    見てみたい
    だから、最後の息まで
    たたかうよ

TURN DOWN FOR WHAT!? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-22-2014 12:52 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NWR KazzyMac PSN ID: Kazzy-Mac Steam ID: kazzymac

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Well that can't be helped. It's just a reflection of average life, much like all of social media.
    Yeah, as weird as it sounds I am really not into social networking (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, tumblr, Instagram etc) at all, I'm sure I've said it enough: "Social networking ruined my social life."

Which is both a good and bad thing, because I've heard around here that often you now have to give your employers your Facebook page. Now, I don't know whether this is so they can contact you, or monitor your use on it ... well, you'd think since I don't use Facebook I wouldn't waste my time on it like most bored desk-jockeys do and that would be a big plus on my end employment-wise but ... yeah.

I have been looking into 'work at home' schemes, though. I've been looking into learning web-design and coding (partially the reason I'm going back to college) in the hopes of being able to get employed and do those things from home. I know it's possible, and in theory it would work if I could get it going. It's either that or admin work. Troubleshooting and fixing peoples' computers and networks (I do kinda love fiddling around with computers) seems to be something more I do as a cash-in-hand hobby now, since finding work in that field without several proven years of experience is pretty much impossible. Ah, good-old Mr. Catch-22, how I love you.

Still, it's better than sitting on my arse at home all day doing nothing. Instead, I could be sitting on my arse at home all day doing work on websites - and getting paid for it. Sounds nice. Least it's a plan.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

Quote Of The Moment:

Currently working on: Oh my Glob! Psygnosis got in touch with us ... Rollcage Redux! New and improved Rollcage 1.
    ^ RollCageX is back! Now called ReCaged.. ^

:Godly on Blur:
    My Youtube Channel || Epic Clan Battles
    BEST. GAME. EVER.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Cookie Paperclip Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2014 10:38 AM
    Just down from the House of Crosses in Alabama.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    Yeah, as weird as it sounds I am really not into social networking (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, tumblr, Instagram etc) at all, I'm sure I've said it enough: "Social networking ruined my social life."

Which is both a good and bad thing, because I've heard around here that often you now have to give your employers your Facebook page. Now, I don't know whether this is so they can contact you, or monitor your use on it ... well, you'd think since I don't use Facebook I wouldn't waste my time on it like most bored desk-jockeys do and that would be a big plus on my end employment-wise but ... yeah.
    Why do you think I don't use my real name on that stuff? Besides it's all within limitations and moderation. As such with anything. And because mass populous has no bearing or concept of limitation or moderation, the individuals have to make a stand and create such things that others can utilize. As with anything made for public use.

I have been looking into 'work at home' schemes, though. I've been looking into learning web-design and coding (partially the reason I'm going back to college) in the hopes of being able to get employed and do those things from home. I know it's possible, and in theory it would work if I could get it going. It's either that or admin work. Troubleshooting and fixing peoples' computers and networks (I do kinda love fiddling around with computers) seems to be something more I do as a cash-in-hand hobby now, since finding work in that field without several proven years of experience is pretty much impossible. Ah, good-old Mr. Catch-22, how I love you.

Still, it's better than sitting on my arse at home all day doing nothing. Instead, I could be sitting on my arse at home all day doing work on websites - and getting paid for it. Sounds nice. Least it's a plan.
    At least you have a plan that you can use to cheap you going. Good luck with it.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information