AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Help - Device] Bluetooth and Windows 8 trouble

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default [Help - Device] Bluetooth and Windows 8 trouble

I bought a new HP Pavilion [exact one I'm not sure about, I'll edit the post when I find out], and I was having trouble connecting a microphone to it. It comes with a output jack for headphones or speakers, but no pink jack for mics.

I bought an Xbox Bluetooth headset in hopes it would work, but still no luck. I turned Bluetooth and Wireless on, and it just won't read my headset. I even tried downloading this driver, which is apparently a confirmed solution, but again, no luck. I even tried connecting my phone via Bluetooth to my laptop using both the PC settings, and the driver software, and that doesn't work.

Anyone know of a way to connect a microphone, wired or bluetooth, to Windows 8, and/or a way to get Bluetooth devices to connect? Thanks. T___T

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Bluetooth and Windows 8 trouble

The BT driver is likely not the issue, but if it is, the best way is to uninstall the driver entirely, restart the PC (this is a very important step, don't be lazy) and just reinstall it from scratch. I'd also suggest to try and use the default Windows driver, which works just fine with Broadcom chips.

On a general note, make sure the device discovery is enabled on the headset and BT on the laptop is actually turned on. HPs are rather annoying with their combo solutions on certain models.

As for the last question; the old style mics are mostly obsolete. Most of them are USB based now, so mic jacks don't get included on laptops anymore. Either find a USB one, make your BT one work or just use the integrated one (if you have it, but usually they are there).

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Help - Device] Bluetooth and Windows 8 trouble

Ok, question. I tried uninstalling some drivers, and it gave me the option to also "delete" them, do I simply uninstall, or delete them totally?

I tried the first option, and they reappeared when I did a restart. Also, under Device Manager, any idea where Bluetooth might be? The drivers I tried redoing were my audio ones, which now looking back prolly have nothing to do with wireless and bluetooth...

Senior Member AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2016 10:21 PM
    Threads

You could try checking HP directly for Bluetooth drivers specific to your laptop. (You would need to know your model and type) If you delete the drivers you would probably need to manually re-install them anyway. Usually when uninstalling drivers and rebooting the computer, it will try to re-install whatever drivers are default for Windows.

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

This behavior is correct. It's supposed to install the default Windows drivers after the reboot. I'd suggest you to try and stick with the ones Windows installed. They are mostly compatible with everything and unless you don't need some weird feature, specific to your bluetooth manufacturer, they are good enough.

Also BT in Device Manager is listed under Bluetooth. o_o;;

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information