AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Western / Non JP Animation Discussion Thread

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Western / Non JP Animation Discussion Thread

Want to chat with others about animation other than anime? Do you want to post videos or talk about several shows at a time? This is the thread to do just that. Talk about your favorites and even talk about upcoming animation!

Begin.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Re: Western / Non JP Animation Discussion Thread

Well I haven't seen a whole lot of up and coming animation lately, but I do still watch a lot of old animations from the '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, and '90s. Just finished watching all of the original G1 Transformers in fact. Occasionally, I tune into iheartchaos.com and they have a segment of animations, some newly made animated shorts and some much older cartoons.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Well I haven't seen a whole lot of up and coming animation lately, but I do still watch a lot of old animations from the '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, and '90s. Just finished watching all of the original G1 Transformers in fact. Occasionally, I tune into iheartchaos.com and they have a segment of animations, some newly made animated shorts and some much older cartoons.
    What are your favorite animations from the 50s?

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    What are your favorite animations from the 50s?
    A lot of them are old shorts that I can't recall most of the names of, but some were from The Ink and Paint Club show [Disney]. Also there's many a program like Tom and Jerry, Droopy, Looney Tunes, and Woody the Woodpecker which had been running all from like the '20s, '30s, or '40s up until the '60s, and led from shorts in the theater to full episodes on TV (thus starting the Saturday Morning Cartoon era in the '60s); in which I love certain episodes from the time frame.

XD I would've stated older decades, but I don't want to show my age too badly.
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 08-20-2013 at 11:47 PM.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

A lot of them are old shorts that I can't recall most of the names of, but some were from The Ink and Paint Club show [Disney]. Also there's many a program like Tom and Jerry, Droopy, Looney Tunes, and Woody the Woodpecker which had been running all from like the '20s, '30s, or '40s up until the '60s, and led from shorts in the theater to full episodes on TV (thus starting the Saturday Morning Cartoon era in the '60s); in which I love certain episodes from the time frame.

XD I would've stated older decades, but I don't want to show my age too badly.
    I never knew Tom and Jerry was from the 20s! Dude, aren't you only 25 xD?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I never knew Tom and Jerry was from the 20s! Dude, aren't you only 25 xD?
    lol Yea, many of our most famous cartoons are much older than one would think. Just look at Mickey Mouse, he's 85 years old (first appeared in Steamboat Willy in 1928).

XD And yes. I'm only 25. Alas, my knowledge of old things like The Ink and Paint Club, Gigantor, or even Howdy Doody makes me seem far older, even to myself.
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 08-21-2013 at 02:10 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

lol Yea, many of our most famous cartoons are much older than one would think. Just look at Mickey Mouse, he's 85 years old (first appeared in Steamboat Willy in 1928).

XD And yes. I'm only 25. Alas, my knowledge of old things like The Ink and Paint Club, Gigantor, or even Howdy Doody makes me seem far older, even to myself.
    Wow. I expected Tom and Jerry to be like from the 50s xD. Dude, you're acting like your 80. 25 is very young.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wow. I expected Tom and Jerry to be like from the 50s xD. Dude, you're acting like your 80. 25 is very young.
    Well, I do have a lot of favorite cartoons before the war. Well, even some during the war were good; even though many were just propaganda pieces. lol

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Been rewatching Justice League before I make my way to Unlimited.

Also been told to watch Young Justice, also been told it's crap, so Imma watch an ep and judge for myself after Unlimited.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet_Nightmare View Post

Also been told to watch Young Justice, also been told it's crap, so Imma watch an ep and judge for myself after Unlimited.
    That depends on how much you enjoyed Teen Titans. If loved the seriousness of Teen Titans and all, you'll probably enjoy Young Justice. It's like Teen Titans, but a bit more grown up and about as serious as Justice League. I've yet to find someone that disliked it, besides a comic book nerd because the show screwed something up about something from the comics.

The Loyal Wolf. Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-25-2016 05:32 PM
    Threads

I've just started seeing the commercial for this new show on CN, Uncle Grandpa... Wth Cartoon Network? Seriously, what the hell is this supposed to be?

Needless to say I've got my doubts about it being a good cartoon.

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Does Justice League count? I want to re-watch that show.

Oh! And I want to re-watch the old Batman cartoon aswell!

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet_Nightmare View Post

Unlimited?

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Tom and Jerry seems to be from the 40s. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_and_Jerry

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post
    Does Justice League count? I want to re-watch that show.

Oh! And I want to re-watch the old Batman cartoon aswell!
    Of course it does.
    Unlimited?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League_Unlimited
    Tom and Jerry seems to be from the 40s. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_and_Jerry
    Yes, but much of what is shown on TV today is from around the '50s and '60s. Not to many of the ones from the '40s get played.

14. Thanks SuXrys thanked for this post
    🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Why is there a "western / non JP animation discussion" thread within the "western / non JP animation discussion" forum section? That's quite redundant.
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Animedude5555 View Post
    Why is there a "western / non JP animation discussion" thread within the "western / non JP animation discussion" forum section? That's quite redundant.
    Same reason I made an anime discussion thread bruh. This way you can talk about any western animation/non anime animation at any given time OR multiple shows at once.

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I was afraid it was going to mean that you were going to merge the western and Japanese animation forum sections into one section, and relegate all the non Japanese animation discussion to a single thread.
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Animedude5555 View Post
    I was afraid it was going to mean that you were going to merge the western and Japanese animation forum sections into one section, and relegate all the non Japanese animation discussion to a single thread.
    ',:l What give you that idea? Just the title alone?

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Anyone watch Uncle Grandpa?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I've seen the ads for it, and it makes me cringe... Please tell it's better then the ads make it out to be, and not that the ads are the best parts of the show.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've seen the ads for it, and it makes me cringe... Please tell it's better then the ads make it out to be, and not that the ads are the best parts of the show.
    It is bad when compared to older cartoons, but okay in terms of entertainment. Judge for yourself!

Senior Member ~OTAKYU~ is on a distinguished road ~OTAKYU~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Pen IPhone Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads

Whats the first cartoon to be ever made? @_@

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ~OTAKYU~ View Post
    Whats the first cartoon to be ever made? @_@
    No one knows, but the first usage of the term dates back to Punch Magazine in 1843 and their drawings and sketches by John Leech. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartoon

Senior Member ~OTAKYU~ is on a distinguished road ~OTAKYU~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Pen IPhone Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads

No one knows, but the first usage of the term dates back to Punch Magazine in 1843 and their drawings and sketches by John Leech. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartoon
    @_@ cartoons older then my..... Great Great Great Grandmother! @_@

Doll Girl Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts One Piece Wanted Poster Soras Keyblade Alice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2014 03:25 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dragons Rioting PSN ID: ManyuuHikenchou

Bugs Bunny Looney tunes best ever

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information