AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Animation

Member Sky Hedgehogian Maestro is on a distinguished road Sky Hedgehogian Maestro's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2014 09:27 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Best Animation

As a wiseman once said, "Because if you face the goddamn facts...." (yeah, that's what he said). Anyway, anime really doesn't have it too good in terms of fluid animation. It's focused on detail, and otherwise uses keyframes to keep the costs down and save time, which means we usually have "static characters, camera panning, only mouths animated if that." It's the nature of the beast when the average cost of a show is about $120,000 an episode.
    But once in awhile, you get some anime scenes that could be considered classic Disney quality: everything's animated. There is no limited animation to speak of. They're really trying. Their mouths aren't just flapping; they're synced to the words. Some anime series keep a high quality in terms of animation, even if does occasionally use these shortcuts (FLCL comes to mind).

That being said, what's the best animation you've ever seen in an anime?
    Last edited by Sky Hedgehogian Maestro; 08-12-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Numbah One Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2014 01:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zainox-

Default Re: Best Animation

I was really fond of the animation in The Garden Of Words, it's amazing!

Senior Member Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Cheese
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2014 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tragic Melody

Some shows with my favorite animation are Fate/Zero and a movie called Nerawareta Gakuen, or Psychic School Wars, and ef - a tale of memories. Fate/Zero just has amazing animation in general, everything is fluid and in detail. I like the style used in Nerawareta Gakuen. And ef - a tale of memories is all about detail. Ef uses unique visuals along with great animation for a mind boggling display.

@Zainox : That movie did have some great animation, I was really impressed!

one without hope horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2014 03:14 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

when someone says "fluid animation in anime", the very first thing that comes to mind is the scene from akira where tetsuo deflects a tank shell. throughout the entirety of the film, it's very apparent that no shortcuts were taken in the animation department - every movement is drawn frame-by-frame and there is no sacrificing of detail. that's really the most incredible part - you can freezeframe anywhere in the movie as see a plethora of fine details, even in the most hectic, face-paced action scenes.

the mouths are even synced to the japanese dub. you really don't see shows like akira anymore.

i'm really surprised that Fate/Stay night was mentioned before Akira. yeah it has slick visuals, but in terms of sheer animation fluidity, there is no comparison.
    Last edited by horrendous; 08-12-2013 at 05:53 PM.
    horĚrenĚdous
    adjective
    shockingly dreadful; horrible
    synonyms
    appalling, frightful, hideous

--

--

Death be not proud. Though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information