AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Worst type of anime fan?

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Worst type of anime fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Matas View Post
    That's as far as the maturity goes with them though, they may have mature content but the stories and characters definitely aren't mature. If you took out the blood and language then they can easily be seen as kid's shows, even with them in they are shounen and fit the demographic well as they are targeted at teenage boys.

A real mature show is something that makes you think and deals with actual mature themes, Naruto and Bleach do not. They fit the bill for standard things that kid would like to see.

For example, Ghost in the Shell is a mature show. Even if there wasn't much blood or language it still deals with mature themes and can be fairly complicated. People say anime that are for mature audiences are so because of blood, language, nudity and such but those are just superficial elements. They don't add any real depth to something.
    I'm not sure about that. Bleach actually goes further than blood and language as the show references boob jokes on a decent occasion. Would you let your kid watch a show with that content without being there to watch it with him? I could see if he/she is maybe 13+, but calling the animes kiddy would mean the content is fine for ages 12-. Depth means little when gore and boob jokes are present.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Is that Mick Foley?

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    I'm not sure about that. Bleach actually goes further than blood and language as the show references boob jokes on a decent occasion. Would you let your kid watch a show with that content without being there to watch it with him? I could see if he/she is maybe 13+, but calling the animes kiddy would mean the content is fine for ages 12-. Depth means little when gore and boob jokes are present.
    understand when i say "kid" i'm generally referring to pubescent children age 10-18. obviously you're correct that the gore and references to female genetalia would be innapropriate for someone under the age of 10, i'm sure some of the more graphic scenes from Bleach would disturb them. i'm just a cynical, world-weary soul who sees anyone under the age of 18 as a kid. forgive the misunderstanding ^_^"

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by medicated View Post
    understand when i say "kid" i'm generally referring to pubescent children age 10-18. obviously you're correct that the gore and references to female genetalia would be innapropriate for someone under the age of 10, i'm sure some of the more graphic scenes from Bleach would disturb them. i'm just a cynical, world-weary soul who sees anyone under the age of 18 as a kid. forgive the misunderstanding ^_^"
    Oh, its fine! I agree with you anyways now that I know what you mean.

Senior Member Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2014 09:18 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    Mature content but not a mature plot I suppose? Those elements seem superficial to me but that's probably because we have different views. My parents never cared what I watched when I was young so I grew up watching lots of gory and vulgar things, I never saw the harm in it but I suppose everyone is different. Which is why I think a true mature show is something you need to be mature to appreciate fully. For example I could appreciate the old guyver OVAs because it was easy to understand and the themes were simple and what kids would like but there was also tons of blood/gore and swearing. However I only liked Elfen Lied for the the action or blood/gore because I couldn't appreciate the mature themes in it because I wasn't mature.

Same goes for Evangelion, I liked the action but couldn't appreciate the rest. Serial Experiments Lain I didn't get at all and I only liked the superficial aspects of Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop, etc.
    Last edited by Inactive_Account; 08-17-2013 at 02:45 AM.

Member KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Ouran Patch
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2017 11:11 PM
    Threads

A good chunk of what I see in this thread is something I can agree with. However, I have come across a good example of a bad fan while cruising tumblr.

Tumblr has the ability to show all of the posts that are tagged with a certain tag. This way you don't have to go to individual tumblr blogs to find what you want. The bad anime fans in this situation are the ones who think that only their fandom should be able to use a tag (rather than allowing people to tag what is relevant).
    Procrastinators for the win!

Junior Member Moira is on a distinguished road Moira's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2013 11:21 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iseedumbpeople2

Facebook weeabos are the worst in my opinion. And they're alot of them!

Junior Member mongoose018 is on a distinguished road mongoose018's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2013 11:12 AM
    Threads

I don't like the kind of fans who say they're anime fans but they only watch popular anime

緑巫女 かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2020 08:45 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: WTF?You kidding me?

The character haters...Especially those ones that go around yelling and cussing at you cause you like the char they hate-and the ones that have ill thought out or no good reason to hate the character they hate. i.e. "She/he's annoying!" or "He/she gets in the way of my OTP!"

::groans::
    I love Inuyasha character Kagome to death, but there are times I just want to beat the girl over the head with a 9 iron.

私は犬夜叉の妻である
    We all must fight; to protect, to survive, to keep alive what we believe in.

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    Threads

The worst type of anime fans...let see...

I remember I knew someone back in my teen days (yeah I'm hecka old now), who considered himself as the real "anime master" like he knows EVERYTHING about anime. He always gave me criticisms if I suggest or like animes that he doesn't prefer, such as "you're an anime noob, you don't know a thing about anime".

Another type is an extreme one that put way too much obsession on anime, because I do know someone like that. He is too obsessed, to the point that he looks at life like everything is like an anime.

I don't know how to put this in words, but let me try my best: He would try to moderate himself to talk and act like an anime character, which means he totally avoided to be himself. And he would make his life sound dramatic like his life is from an anime. Okay, I tried my best to explain this.

Senior Member AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Systems N64 Hello Kitty Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2017 03:25 PM
    Threads

I have several and most have been listed beforehand by other people. Such as: "My anime is the best ever, and your opinion is invalid", people who hate on mainstream without giving it a chance, people who secretly think they're Japanese and Japan is the land of gods, people who stream illegally no matter what is available for free that is LICENSED, claiming some dumb excuse like "The subs are bad" or "I don't like the quality".

But to add to my list would be over-obsessed yaoi fangirls. It is more bothersome on Tumblr than anywhere else. Where two males are in the same room, barely glance at each other, and suddenly is "Awww they love each other! Look at the tension! It's true love!" Also, when suddenly every male character is paired up with another male and the females are either mistreated by the fandom or claimed to be "In the way". This happens a lot in shounen fandoms and it gets on my nerves. It's not all yaoi fans, just the crazy ones.

Another is, "You can't be a fan of the series unless" such as "You cannot be a fan of Bleach if you haven't read the manga." That's just an example.
    Last edited by AshureeChan; 08-30-2013 at 04:20 PM.

| Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube | MyAnimeList |

"Frustrations will not last forever. Nobody can keep on going without some measure of reward."

You want some, punk? mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Bleach Kon Double Bento Pocky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2013 05:58 PM
    in the dojo doing laundry with Kenshin ^_^
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Byakuya_Girl

To Syndicate:I agree with you, i still love and watch Cowboy Bebop, the Slayers, Vampire Princess Miyu ,Bastard!! and many others.
    Hurray for the classics!
    Hurry to people like you who love them ^_^
    Last edited by mimichan1000; 08-30-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose018 View Post
    I don't like the kind of fans who say they're anime fans but they only watch popular anime
    Technically, they are still fans even if they choose mainstream anime.

Member KillKaylaDead is on a distinguished road KillKaylaDead's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2013 08:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: llx Malice xll

I don't dislike any type of anime fans. *Maybe I dislike the people, but not because they're a fan of anime... they're probably just annoying. lol.

This reminds me of people that complain about CoD gamers. I dislike when people say, "How can you consider yourself a gamer if you just play CoD games?!" Isn't that still a game?!

Anyway, every person is different. Every person will like and dislike different things. I don't think it makes them any better or worse of a fan. They probably just suck as people.

Junior Member minjy is on a distinguished road minjy's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2013 08:12 AM
    Threads

dragon ball
    I don`t know why.I just dont wanna see it

Senior Member tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Book Be Mine Heart
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2015 05:11 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

those who love boasting about how they love anime...
    so annoying x(

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by -akichan- View Post
    He is too obsessed, to the point that he looks at life like everything is like an anime
    I suppose he sees reality like this then...

Last edited by .:neuko:.; 09-02-2013 at 11:20 AM.

19. Likes -akichan- liked this post
    Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    Threads

I suppose he sees reality like this then...
    Yeah sadly...psychologist should be involved at some point if he happens to see less of reality that way. =(

Junior Member HarleenQuinzel is on a distinguished road HarleenQuinzel's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 06:26 PM
    Threads

I hate people who write fanfiction solely for killing off a character who gets in the way of their OTP. In any fandom...but especially anime. It seems quite prevalent in anime and book series like Twilight or Harry Potter.

Member Rusty Blade is on a distinguished road Rusty Blade's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2013 04:36 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Hedgehogian Maestro View Post
    Anime fans who hate any anime that isn't filled with M-rated material comes next. Anime is still a cartoon and a cartoon is still a medium of entertainment: it can come in any damn flavor it wants to, whether that flavor be sweeter than diabetes or saltier than cum mixed with blood. I know Japan has much looser restrictions on aired material, but that doesn't mean that every single anime from there has to be a gore-filled cussfest to be "relevant." Yet they act like, because it's not, it might as well be an American cartoon. Sort of the opposite of America's attitude towards animation; "If it's animated, it has no business being serious/if it's worth doing, it's worth doing live action."
    -^This.

-Also youtube reviewers. The kind of 'fan' that finds joy in simply bashing every single anime ever made in ten minute installments. They are always so damn arrogant but are so totally ignorant of what they are reviewing that is defies belief. Reviewing means to critique something but to blatantly complain and whine about how everything in everything is so horrendously bad is just being an smart aleck.

-The fans that try and discredit one anime by comparing it to a series that is completely different. Like the people who will criticize the story of a slife of life show by comparing it to Steins Gate. Or those who complain about a shonen series and try to compare it with a seinen.

-The elitists who only watch the most complicated and convoluted anime and demonise everything else as if it is lower than filth. Anime is for entertainment purposes at it's core. Whether that entertainment comes from making you laugh or think or cry it doesn't matter. It's all the same. A good anime doesn't have to be complex, nor intellectual.

So basically, all of the above are different kinds of fans who feel they can only be fans by being on a pedestal above everyone else. It's a hobby not a competition. Get over yourselves.

Member Sky Hedgehogian Maestro is on a distinguished road Sky Hedgehogian Maestro's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2014 09:27 PM
    Threads

Speaking of YouTube Reviewers- they're not fans (they're haters obviously) but I really frellin' despise it when people say anime has bad animation and then compare it to classic Disney to prove it.
    Well EVERYTHING pales in comparison to classic Disney, ya knobs! There's a lot I can comment on when it comes to this. "Anime uses keyframes; anime is lower budget, get off its back; most Western shows are Flash animated; why do you need everything to be animated at 120 frames per second to be "watchable?", etc. etc."

Junior Member Harakiri770 is on a distinguished road Harakiri770's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2013 02:09 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SeannSka

I know I'm not the only one in thinking this, but it has to be the anime fans.

Member Drichos is on a distinguished road Drichos's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2013 05:59 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: drichos

The fans who rustle my Jimmies the most are people who fan boy/girl an anime and refuse to accept that anybody else either likes it or knows more about it than they do.
    I am also not a fan of people who criticize other anime and make stupid comparisons with them without having actually watched the anime.

Senior Member Steven21088 will become famous soon enough Steven21088 will become famous soon enough Steven21088's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Lighter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2018 09:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Lenny21088

My pet hates are, when people watch anime and then think it s a way of life and then start acting like the character they are in love with.

Anime fans that refuse to watch anything other than anime, and then think the world revolves around it.

I was once at one of the MCM Expo's a couple of years ago, I was looking at some books and I picked one up, showed my then girlfriend and said. 'Wow, she's 12 and almost naked on the front cover, that's just, wow that's just wrong.'

I was then met by a prepubescent, spotty little man who replied with a voice that was starved of clean air from being enclosed in a room thinking of nothing else but pleasuring himself to a 12 year old half naked cartoon character. 'There is nothing wrong with school girls'

After a 4 second bewildered look at my friends and girlfriend my retort came quick enough to startle and possibly alarm the spotty little man. 'So how many are in your basement?' I then walked away. This guy is on the list of worst type of anime fan.

And finally, people who get so involved they change everything into an anime, so much so that when they run they think they can see speed lines or puffs of smoke behind them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information