AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Worst type of anime fan?

Senior Member Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 09:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karma Fuzz

Default Re: Worst type of anime fan?

I don't like how some people treat dubbed anime. Its fair enough if you want to watch shows with subtitles, but I always get the feeling that some people are looked down upon if they watch a show dubbed. Some shows don't even get watched before their dub is instantly labelled terrible. I don't think there's anything wrong with watching an anime dubbed, from what I've seen it hasn't taken much of anything away.

Member 1223tr is on a distinguished road 1223tr's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Scorpio Heart Katana
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2013 01:58 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LegitWilliam77

I try to avoid anime fans like those just described, but if anything I guess I don't really kike people who hate on anime I like. I just read what they say and will accept there point of view and get on with my day. I'm not going to mess about with someone who has a different opinion than me when I could be squeezing more episodes in.
    I also hate myself. I judge anime just by looking on Wikipedia. If the artwork or the plot doesn't sound good I leave it and find something else, but if I actually watch it, 9 times outa 10 it ends up being a very good anime.
    I guess I literally judge some books by there covers and I have to learn to open those books.

Senior Member 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 02:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

there are some people who are annoying in every fandom so anime is not exception :P
    here which types get on my nerves:

- "ma anime iz beterz den urzz!!!11!"
    - those who refuse to accept that, anime is not just ONE genre but a HUGE pool of difference kinds for different people, age groups, and general demographics, and therefore there are people who prefer different things than them.
    - people who refuse to accept that they use certain japanese terms (of anime genre) wrongly. (example: shojou-ai/shounen-ai) and when told that they get mad :P
    - fanfic writers who have little to no understanding of the characters they are writing about, or simple bash half of the character to fit their story telling. (it is a different thing to lets say make an AU and have a character killed to fit that AU because you want to explore how another character would react to the loss, and different to go on: "and she was ***** killed becayse she waz a *** **** and Xchan was diserving so much bettez *next scene Xchan is having mind blowing sex of life with preferable Ychan* becuz Xchan & Ychan are so kawaiiiiii 2gethar"
    - those complaining on EVERY little detail they don't like in a series they are following, most recent example:
    20th anniversary of SailorMoon, the producers came up with a new musical first instead of an anime, reaction: "how dare they postpone the anime!!! who cares about the musicals!!!" then the musicals get an all female cast, reaction: "couldn't they hire male actors? what is wrong with them blah blah" event for introducing the cast 2 hours long and with some info for the anime, reaction "I spend 2 hours for nothing but to know that they will postpone until xx date, blah blah"

hmm I think I'll stop here ahahhaha
    well everyone who is not forcing their opinion down my throat, nor curses on me for correcting them, nor complains about every little thing, is fine to have a nice conversation with

4. Likes marisauna liked this post
    Junior Member aly_cat is on a distinguished road aly_cat's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2013 08:31 PM
    Threads

People that bash or keep dissing the ones that others like (to the extreme, I mean) but keeps on promoting the ones they like, sometimes even trying yo force someone else to like it. Also the ones that can't accept other people's opinions.

I think the if they don't like a certain anime then they should just say so and move on and not continue to be negative about it. Also, if another person doesn't really feel the ones that you like you should accept their opinion since we all have different tastes.

Senior Member FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595's Avatar
    Gil
    Grumpy
    Gifts Iron Man MkIII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2013 10:23 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FstSergeant8595 PSN ID: SMSergeant8595 Steam ID: FstSergeant8595

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Mantis View Post
    I don't like how some people treat dubbed anime. Its fair enough if you want to watch shows with subtitles, but I always get the feeling that some people are looked down upon if they watch a show dubbed. Some shows don't even get watched before their dub is instantly labelled terrible. I don't think there's anything wrong with watching an anime dubbed, from what I've seen it hasn't taken much of anything away.
    This is pretty much my life argument that no one seems to understand.

Also I dislike guys that want to marry Japanese girls because they all believe that Japanese girls are just like Haruhi Suzumiya or some other one of their favorites.

ALSO need I explain how much I dislike the "Omg that is kawaii, onii~ desu chan!" people
    Last edited by FstSergeant8595; 11-26-2013 at 10:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information