AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Using the AF Uploader System and Artist's Get an Answer Thread

Loveless Jerk Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2014 05:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Serated PSN ID: Serated Steam ID: Serated13

Default Using the AF Uploader System and Artist's Get an Answer Thread

How to use the Uploader System:

Step 1, File Size: As you can see in my screenshot, the file I plan on attaching is about 4 MB at about 3000 by 2300 pixels. This wont do. First of all, there is no real need to post something of such massive dimensions on AF, secondly, it just flat out wont work. The file size capacity for an image uploaded to AF is about 1.5 MB. Anything above that and you will get an error that the file could not be uploaded. So we need to make it smaller.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ULP-1.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	370.7 KB
ID:	78358

Step 2, Resizing: The simplest way to resize the image is to open it in Microsoft Paint (assuming you dont have Photoshop) and going to resize at the top, checking the pixels option, and changing the higher number from whatever it is (in my case the horizontal number of 2926) to about 1000 pixels. The new file will be considerably lower, in my case it is now only around 300 KB.

Name:	ULP-2.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	827.8 KB
ID:	78357

Step 3; Using the System: Use the Advanced posting option and scroll down and click on the 'Manage Attachments button and a new dialog box should open. At the top of this new dialog box with be a button to add files, click it, then click on 'Select Files' and select the files you want uploaded and click 'Upload Files.' After your file has been uploaded, at the bottom of the dialog box, click on 'Insert Inline,' this will automatically place your file into your post, and from there you can post your image.

Name:	ULP-3.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	998.8 KB
ID:	78359

Artist's Get an Answer:

This thread is designed to answer any technical problems with getting you're art onto this forum, it does not deal with how to draw, paint, etc. If you need technical help on level of how to scan properly, where to scan, what to do to fine tune your work before posting it, please ask those questions here.

Q: If I dont have a scanner for my drawings?
    A: Colleges, Libraries, and Office supply stores usually have scanners that might be able to help you.

Q: I have a painting, or a drawing too big to fit on a scanner, what should I do?
    A: Some place have large. Industrial sized scanners that can work on large documents, these are primarily used for newspapers or large print signs for record keeping. Again, Colleges, Libraries, Office Supply Stores, would recommend calling in advance. Alternatively, use a camera and prop your piece against something stable that is as close to having the piece in good light and a 90 degree angle as you can get.

Q: Okay, well, those options dont work for me, and I dont have a camera, any alternatives?
    A: Your last options would be to find a friend who has a camera to help you; images taken from camera phones usually wont do the job, but if you're desperate, you can try one of them. My advice would not to hold the phone in your hand, but have it propped on a table for steadiness.

Q: My photo is too dark/bright, how can I fix this?
    A: Image editing software can change the overall brightness of your images; see GIMP or Photoshop. In Photoshop, you can use any number of solutions, in particular either: Image>Adjustments>Levels or Image>Adjustments>Brightness and Contrast.

Last updated: 7/16/2013
    Last edited by Serated; 07-16-2013 at 10:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information