AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Words, words, words

  1. #1
    Junior Member Zatchara is on a distinguished road Zatchara's Avatar
    Gil
    1,758.58
    Gender
    Gifts Bell
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-25-2014 12:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Threads
    6
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: OmniSlacker

    Default Words, words, words

    Hello, all! You may refer to me as Zach, Zatchara, or Uncle Touchy; any of those will suffice. I'll be honest, the last anime I watched was Shin Chan and that was years ago. Not that I'm necessarily averse to anime these days, well...that's not entirely true. A anime's title can be a big deterrent for me, I'm not talking about nonsensical or uber-Japanese titles, those can actually be pretty funny. What I'm more-so talking about is well...just Japanese titles.

    If something is called Pīnattsupanrīfurettogurīnpai o tsukuru hito amējingukoddoburakku daisan or what have you, that's going to be a bit difficult to bring up to people in a conversation. Just the other day, I sifted through a myriad of anime that seems to be pulling in a luxuriance of fans these days and..I couldn't pronounce any of it. Just in case there's a disconnect, I've no problem with reading subs, but these titles had English audiences, so they did indeed have subs...but the titles didn't roll off the tongue, as previously mentioned. Anyway, I should stop nitpicking before a paint a bigger target on myself.

    As for what anime I happen to enjoy in general...eh, anything really. I used to be vehemently against ecchi and anything overall cutesy, but in my later years, I've come to terms with the fact that these types of anime generally have more fan-service in them. And that's fine, because I'm in no position to be against boobs. Life's too short, and hey, boobs. But if I had to drop titles, I'd generate the most generic entries such as DBZ, Cowboy Bebop, etc. I suppose the most obscure I get is with a certain manga called The Enigma of Amigara Fault, but I'm sure everyone has heard of that these days.

    To personalize my introduction a bit more, my other interests pertain to gaming, I'm just getting back into reading a bit more, Soccer, Football, graphic design, wrestling, annd that's about it! Well, aside from my location, which is none too interesting...Alabama...eugh. Whenever the South is mentioned, I always hear: "OH, THE COUNTRY! IT'S SO NICE WITH THE TREES AND THE NATURE AND..." Yeah, yeah..that's nice...but you can't have the fresh air without the incest. No cherrypicking, it all comes in one package.

    Anyway, well met and all that jazz!

  2. #2
    The Palmtop Tiger Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash's Avatar
    Gil
    100,912.90
    Gender
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Alice Be Mine
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2014 06:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    22
    Threads
    210
    Posts
    6,599
    Blog Entries
    105
    AW Wallpapers
    32
    Rep Power
    12221
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

    Default Re: Words, words, words

    Ewwww Alabama... Yuck... I went to Millbrook Alabama once. Meh I from the panhandle of Florida... Trees and rednecks man... Trees and rednecks..

    I can't pronounce anime titles either, so I don't talk about them. I just give people the wiki link if I want to talk about it. So do you do any cool tricks?

    Welcome to AF and all that jazz


    [I'm Gloomy]

    今日...明日...永遠に...

    Personal Tumblr | Deviant Art | Artsy Tumblr | Buy Artisan Crafts (Paintings & Vectors on Etsy)
    >>>Enter the WOTM<<<
    Theme: Pokemon


  3. #3
    Junior Member Zatchara is on a distinguished road Zatchara's Avatar
    Gil
    1,758.58
    Gender
    Gifts Bell
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-25-2014 12:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Threads
    6
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: OmniSlacker

    Default Re: Words, words, words

    Hm, 's still hot there. I've lived in the South my entire life and I'm still not fine with 'hot'.

    I can do the worm, but I only do it at metal shows.

    Thanks~

  4. #4
    Ragequit Syndicate Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    85,854,914.02
    Gender
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Carrot 172 - Pichu
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2014 05:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Decadent England
    Age
    26
    Threads
    38
    Posts
    8,352
    Blog Entries
    58
    Rep Power
    3113
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NWR KazzyMac PSN ID: Kazzy-Mac Steam ID: kazzymac

    Default Re: Words, words, words

    Welcome. ^_^

    I'm the moderator of this particular part of the forum, in case you weren't sure ... and basically that means that if you have any questions or problems then you can just send me a message and I can try and help you.

    Also I have to say that you have to read the rules.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :



    Quote Of The Moment:

    Currently working on: Holy crap. Hacking! Cracking! AKA Attempting to break open the original game's data.
    ^ RollCageX is back! Now called ReCaged.. ^

    :Godly on Blur:
    My Youtube Channel || Epic Clan Battles
    BEST. GAME. EVER.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune's Avatar
    Gil
    8,988.62
    Gender
    My Mood
    Tired
    Gifts Cake Lie Soul Eater Logo Little Big Planet Sackboy Kratos
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2013 11:42 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Not somewhere you should know, stalker
    Age
    21
    Threads
    45
    Posts
    880
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    78

    Default Re: Words, words, words

    Quote Originally Posted by Zatchara View Post
    Hello, all! You may refer to me as Zach, Zatchara, or Uncle Touchy; any of those will suffice. I'll be honest, the last anime I watched was Shin Chan and that was years ago. Not that I'm necessarily averse to anime these days, well...that's not entirely true. A anime's title can be a big deterrent for me, I'm not talking about nonsensical or uber-Japanese titles, those can actually be pretty funny. What I'm more-so talking about is well...just Japanese titles.

    If something is called Pīnattsupanrīfurettogurīnpai o tsukuru hito amējingukoddoburakku daisan or what have you, that's going to be a bit difficult to bring up to people in a conversation. Just the other day, I sifted through a myriad of anime that seems to be pulling in a luxuriance of fans these days and..I couldn't pronounce any of it. Just in case there's a disconnect, I've no problem with reading subs, but these titles had English audiences, so they did indeed have subs...but the titles didn't roll off the tongue, as previously mentioned. Anyway, I should stop nitpicking before a paint a bigger target on myself.

    As for what anime I happen to enjoy in general...eh, anything really. I used to be vehemently against ecchi and anything overall cutesy, but in my later years, I've come to terms with the fact that these types of anime generally have more fan-service in them. And that's fine, because I'm in no position to be against boobs. Life's too short, and hey, boobs. But if I had to drop titles, I'd generate the most generic entries such as DBZ, Cowboy Bebop, etc. I suppose the most obscure I get is with a certain manga called The Enigma of Amigara Fault, but I'm sure everyone has heard of that these days.

    To personalize my introduction a bit more, my other interests pertain to gaming, I'm just getting back into reading a bit more, Soccer, Football, graphic design, wrestling, annd that's about it! Well, aside from my location, which is none too interesting...Alabama...eugh. Whenever the South is mentioned, I always hear: "OH, THE COUNTRY! IT'S SO NICE WITH THE TREES AND THE NATURE AND..." Yeah, yeah..that's nice...but you can't have the fresh air without the incest. No cherrypicking, it all comes in one package.

    Anyway, well met and all that jazz!

    Is it really that incestuous down there??

    (Tenrou is from PA0

  6. #6
    Senior Member RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan's Avatar
    Gil
    3,169.57
    Gender
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2013 11:11 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina, Confederate States of America
    Age
    35
    Threads
    16
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    47

    Default Re: Words, words, words

    Not at all. It is not incestuous in Alabama.

    What about the Roosevelts in New York? They were all related. Two Presidents and a First Lady were all Cousins and Uncles and Nieces and Step-Nephews.

    I am from Alabama. I lived near Millbrook. I am from Prattville. It was beautiful there. I used to work at a Paper Mill.

    I agree with you, Zach, on Anime that you cannot pronounce. I do not always buy it or even look at it. Yuyu Hakusho and Fooly Cooly being the few ones I did look at.

    See you around the Forum! Take Care and post away!


    "Let us enjoy the Rain together. My Umbrella is always open for you. Knowing me is knowing never having to say goodbye. It never stops raining, does it?"

  7. #7
    Junior Member Zatchara is on a distinguished road Zatchara's Avatar
    Gil
    1,758.58
    Gender
    Gifts Bell
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-25-2014 12:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Threads
    6
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: OmniSlacker

    Default Re: Words, words, words

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    Welcome. ^_^

    I'm the moderator of this particular part of the forum, in case you weren't sure ... and basically that means that if you have any questions or problems then you can just send me a message and I can try and help you.

    Also I have to say that you have to read the rules.
    Thanks, will do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimihiro View Post
    Is it really that incestuous down there??

    (Tenrou is from PA0
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by RainyDayMan View Post
    Not at all. It is not incestuous in Alabama.

    What about the Roosevelts in New York? They were all related. Two Presidents and a First Lady were all Cousins and Uncles and Nieces and Step-Nephews.

    I am from Alabama. I lived near Millbrook. I am from Prattville. It was beautiful there. I used to work at a Paper Mill.

    I agree with you, Zach, on Anime that you cannot pronounce. I do not always buy it or even look at it. Yuyu Hakusho and Fooly Cooly being the few ones I did look at.

    See you around the Forum! Take Care and post away!
    *sneeze*

  8. #8
    Senior Member AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan's Avatar
    Gil
    15,486.07
    Gender
    My Mood
    Sassy
    Gifts Systems N64 Hello Kitty Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2013 09:56 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Somewhere, probably.
    Threads
    20
    Posts
    1,007
    Rep Power
    219

    Default Re: Words, words, words

    Welcome to the forum @Zatchara

    I have never been to Alabama but I do have relatives from there and some who still live there. They always go on about how pretty it is and how I should visit. But travelling is not necessarily my favorite thing. But enough about that.
    I can't say I have a problem pronouncing Japanese titles but I agree that some titles are just TOO LONG for their own good like Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. I mean seriously -_- Anyway, nice to meet you and hope to see you around the forum~


    |YouTube|Tumblr|MyAnimeList|HummingbirdAccount|

    "Admiration does is in no way mean understanding."

  9. #9
    Senior Member KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS's Avatar
    Gil
    44,553.23
    Gender
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Zebra Kawaii Sundae Strawberry
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2013 08:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Age
    21
    Threads
    2
    Posts
    371
    Rep Power
    53

    Default Re: Words, words, words

    Well, seeing as I don't really talk to any real life friends about anime, I have no problem with japanese titles haha but I agree, sometimes it's hard, man. Especially if you want to look up a specific anime but aren't sure how to spell it ._.

    Other than that, welcome!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    0.30
    Gender
    My Mood
    Bookworm
    Gifts Neko Tv Wolf Red Ribbon
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2014 03:58 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Age
    24
    Threads
    76
    Posts
    8,179
    Rep Power
    7043
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: the_wolfie

    Default Re: Words, words, words

    Hey there and welcome!
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~


    Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Words
    By Nene-Chan in forum Poetry
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 05:53 PM
  2. Um help please-[words]
    By Yoko Littner in forum Site Issues / Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 10:46 PM
  3. Last Words
    By Azel in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 03:06 PM
  4. what will your last words be?
    By mclane in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 08:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts