AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Thread: Evangelion live action movie, that isn't even called Evangelion

Threaded View

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Evangelion live action movie, that isn't even called Evangelion

The name of the movie is Pacific Rim. When I first started looking at the trailer, I just thought it was a generic cool giant robot movie. However as I watched more I became completely convinced that this is the creator's attempt to make a live action Evangelion movie, without the proper license for that series. So basically it's got a lot of the same plot elements as Evangelion (albeit not identical, as most if not all of the religious imagery is removed), but the names and some other "facts" about the Evangelion world aren't quite the same. Instead of "Angels", they have "Kaiju" (which is actually a Japanese word for large monsters). For the giant mecha, they have "Jaegers" instead of "Evangelions". But let me point out to you where the plot points are blatantly the same as Evangelion (I got this info out of the the trailers for the movie).

The enemy monsters are from the earth (not space)

The Jaegers that are piloted require a mind link with the pilots.

The deeper the mind link to the pilot, the better the pilot and his (or her) Jaeger are able to fight. As it says in one of the trailers "The deeper the bond, the better you fight." (sounds a lot like "sync rate" in NGE)

The pilot suits appear to be filled with some kind of liquid (sort of like the LCL in the cockpits of the EVAs in NGE)

A line from the movie that's quoted in most of the trailers is "To fight monsters, we created monsters of our own".

A couple of the Jaegers have shoulder rails (just like the EVAs do)

One of the Jaegers, called Jaeger Crimson Typhoon, looks like a direct knockoff of EVA Unit 00. http://www.panpacificdefense.com/fil...sonTyphoon.jpg

If you look closely at the above picture near its left shoulder fin (left from its view, right from your view looking at it), you'll see something that says NGE (I can only assume a direct reference to Neon Genesis Evangelion). I've posted a cropped in picture so you can more easily see that.

Also when I listened closely to one of the trailers I swear I can hear someone calling the project for making these mechas, "Project EVA" (but I might be mishearing that, as it was difficult to hear what they were saying at that point).

Here's the page with all the trailers http://www.pacificrimmovie.net/trailer/
    Last edited by Animedude5555; 07-04-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Thread Information