AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who's death was the saddest?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Euphemia

3 13.64%
  • V.V

0 0%
  • Lelouch

7 31.82%
  • Rolo

3 13.64%
  • Lelouch's parents

0 0%
  • Nunally's assumed death

0 0%
  • Shirley

8 36.36%
  • Guilford

0 0%
  • Other

1 4.55%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whos death was the saddest?

Junior Member smartninja is on a distinguished road smartninja's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2014 12:47 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Whos death was the saddest?

I know most of you would say Lelouch, but there still were many others.

Junior Member john24234 is on a distinguished road john24234's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2013 06:44 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Whos death was the saddest?

Shirley's death was very sad.

3. Likes smartninja liked this post
    Junior Member smartninja is on a distinguished road smartninja's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2014 12:47 AM
    Threads

True, but it sucks that the second she regains her memories, she gets killed by Rolo.

Senior Member Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Gir 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2014 10:17 AM
    That's for me to know and for you to find out :3
    Threads
    Blog Entries

To me Lelouch was the saddest, but Euphemia's and Rolo's death were really sad too.

When snow (Yuki) melts it turns into rain (Ame). When rain (Ame) falls, flowers (Hana) bloom.

6. Likes smartninja liked this post
    Member livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Breads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2013 11:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Madi-chan

I can't really pick here because they were all sad for different reasons.

Euphemia's was horrible because it was one of the earliest major tipping points before everything went to hell. It was also a huge contributor to Suzaku's hate for Zero and, consequently, Lelouch, which was also heart-breaking. Shirley's story was sad enough as it was with her memory loss but then Rolo kills her (who also had a very upsetting death). I felt like it almost mirrored Euphie's death in a way because of how it affects Lelouch also, which made it even sadder.

Lelouch's death probably evoked the biggest response from me in terms of literally uncontrollable sobbing the whole time because Nunally is there and she realises what he's been doing so if I were to pick the saddest by looking at which made me cry the most, then definitely Lelouch.

Otherwise, I'd say Euphemia because I feel like had the whole tragedy of Lelouch losing control of his Geass not happened, we could have been spared some of the horrible things that followed.

Member HeroValor is on a distinguished road HeroValor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-05-2013 07:08 PM
    Threads

I found Shirley's death the saddest because it was the most unnecessary. If you compare it to how Rolo died by protecting Lelouch when he was abandoned by everyone, or when Lelouch died for the Zero Requiem. Their deaths had more purpose, so I didn't feel as sad, as I did with Shirley's. (Bear in mind I still cried at all the deaths).

Junior Member qjackson is on a distinguished road qjackson's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2013 09:51 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: bigthanurs

Rolo!!!!!!! He died protecting a fake brother.

Junior Member Temitopesmith is on a distinguished road Temitopesmith's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2013 03:46 AM
    Threads

I guess Euphemia's death was the saddest of all..she was the only person who was not insane in the royal family..she died in episode 23 if i am not wrong..i guess her death was the saddest of all.

Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

I found Euphie's death the saddest, just because of Suzaku... :'(
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

Member KillKaylaDead is on a distinguished road KillKaylaDead's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2013 08:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: llx Malice xll

It's really hard for me to say. I cried my eyes out on almost every one of those deaths! I chose Euphy. I adored her for her pure heart and good intentions. Her death had a MAJOR impact on a lot of characters, if not all of them. I also LOVE Suzaku, and Euphy's death pretty much destroyed him. Oh man... the feels.

Life's A Mystery* Sailor Mystery has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Mystery has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Mystery has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Mystery has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Mystery has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Mystery has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Mystery has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Mystery has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Mystery has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Mystery has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Mystery has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Mystery's Avatar
    Gil
    Dunce
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2013 10:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Rolo's death was also very sad ;w; along with Shirley's, I think those two were both equally heartbreaking v.v
    'If you love something let it go. If it comes back, It's yours.'

Senior Member ~OTAKYU~ is on a distinguished road ~OTAKYU~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Pen IPhone Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads

Lelouch because he died..... the Main character died! and also Rolo

15. Likes smartninja liked this post
    Member OhSoFoxy is on a distinguished road OhSoFoxy's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2014 11:57 PM
    Threads

I voted for Lelouch.
    The second saddest in my opinion would be Euphemia's. She brought the optimism and hope to the storyline.
    Her death affected every single character in some way.

Lelouch's death I was most saddened by. Maybe it was because he died right in front of his beloved sister, Nunally. She already watched her own mother die when she was younger. Then to watch her brother die, the only family she really had left.. must have crushed her.
    Another reason I found his death extremely tragic.. is because he was asked to be assasinated. Throughout the second season he was portrayed as a villain and despised by many. It's not until the very end that the viewers see his good intentions. Even more so, nobody other than Suzaku realizes that Lelouch sacrificed his own life for the good of the nation. Lelouch is a true hero.

17. Likes Karirie liked this post
    Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 12:30 AM
    Threads

Okay. Of the above options I chose none of the above. And here is why.

Euphemia
    I found her to be a rather obnoxious character.To be fair, I have never been fond of the "wide eyed idealistic princess archetype". I found her plan for the elevens to be very foolish and doomed to fail. In fact, the twist that led to her death was a very well played and executed game changer.

Shirley
    Like Mao, I found Shirley to be a very unwelcome hinderence to the plot who served very little to the overall story. In fact, despite the cheesy melodrama, her removal from the story altogether would have very little impact.

Rolo
    I found Rolo to be a hideously unwanted addition to R2. I found him to be a very unwelcome whiner. Furthermore, the lead up to his death, in terms of writing and characterisation was absolutely abyssmal.

Lelouche
    Of all the deaths in the series, Lelouche's was incredibly well written and executed. I found the build up and presentation to be absolutely brilliant. This was his crowning moment, his true master plan. While it was brilliant, I found no reason to be sad.

Nunnally
    I knew she wasn't really dead. C'mon, how dumb do you think we are?

And the rest...
    None of these had any impact on me whatsoever. Just a resounding meh...

Senior Member Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania's Avatar
    Gil
    Innocent
    Gifts Clannad Botan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2014 03:32 PM
    Threads

I'm gonna be honest.
    LELOUCH'S PARENTS HAVE NO PLACE IN THIS. They deserved to die if you ask me.

I really had mixed feelings about Rolo.

I HAD NO CONCERNS FOR VV
    But Euphemia's death was very sad for me because I kinda liked her.
    But I think Lelouch's death really got me. I cried with Nunnally.
    OKAY I THINK I ACTUALLY CHOKED A BIT WHEN SHIRLEY DIED. That was almost too painful to watch.

"I want to catch a new pet to keep my favorite panda company, and they say there's a beastie out there eating little girls. He sounds perfect, but he keeps running away! I don't think he likes fire. Don't burn so bright, Tibbers. That's a bad bear!"

- Panda Annie.

Junior Member kikichara is on a distinguished road kikichara's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2014 02:05 PM
    Threads

Definitely Shirley got me the saddest, I'd say. I mean Lelouch is a close second. And even though I didn't like Rolo, his death scene was well done and was pretty emotional. In the end, though, Shirley is definitely #1.

Member RedPandanCake is on a distinguished road RedPandanCake's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2014 05:36 AM
    Threads

i just had to vote Lelouch although it took me a while to decide.
    I was going between Shirley and Rolo but then Lelouch's death got me the hardest to recover.
    Shirley was so innocent and supported Lelouch even though she didn't really have much a clue and Rolo's
    wanting brotherly love even for a fake one was too touching. I thought it was so sad but Lelouch… when he died
    I actually didn't expect him to kill himself and that it was all part of his plan. Kinda makes me admire him more. The majority, especially the normal citizens, wanted him to die for his tyranny and through his death it was the solution so it kinda made me sad that his death was necessary.
    But I have to admit, I would not have loved Code Geass more if he hadn't killed himself for that purpose. it was that ending which made me love the series. Usually with most manga/anime i would find the endings disappointing but Code Geass was one of the few I liked. XD
    Last edited by RedPandanCake; 07-01-2014 at 06:26 AM.

Junior Member TheLastUnicorn is on a distinguished road TheLastUnicorn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2014 05:23 AM
    Threads

I find it difficult to choose. Lelouch or Shirley. I'm torn between them... Okay. Shirley. She will be my choice. Because, like HeroValor, I think Shirley's death was the most unnecessary.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information