AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mr. Panda's digital paintings/works

Creative mind Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2013 01:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Thumbs up Mr. Panda's digital paintings/works

Hey ho. I was here like a year ago and due to things I haven't been back here. Changed my name (I used to be Helvetica).

I thought I'd post some of my digital paintings here for people to see. I might repost some of the old things I've posted before, but if I did, feel free to tell me.

Feel free to comment and criticize my work. That's why it's here. I won't feel bad if you don't like my work. I'll be challenged to improve, actually.

Digital paintings

A piece I did using a friend's picture as a reference. I tried out some new brushes in PS and it worked out really well in my opinion.
    Took me about 2 hours to make this.

A piece I did for a friend. I don't really know who the person is I drew, but it's apparently a YT-celebrity.
    Worked on it for about 4-5 hours in total. Used photoshop.

For those of you who are wondering where I've been in the past...year? This is what I've been doing.

Digital work

This is a logo I recently designed for myself. It's my last name in Chinese, worked into one character. It's on all my recent digital work.

This is the avatar I made using PS and Illustrator. I use this mainly as an avatar for Steam, forums and so on.

Feel free to rate, comment and criticise. I welcome it.
    Last edited by Mr. Panda; 06-29-2013 at 05:18 PM.
    Not everything is black and white like that.

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Mr. Panda's digital paintings/works

Interesting, a new digital painter. Welcome to AF.

I see you have skill in blocking in your colors. What I think you lack, and from what I can see given your work progression (which is nice) is a lack a few simple anatomy quiffs that make your portraits look not so round. I love portraits, so I'm quite happy to see work like this. The two areas I think you should study are the areas around the eyes and the structure of the nose. With regards to eyes, be considerate of the eye socket, and that it falls back in space and is therefore in shadow. In your top most portrait, the girl lacks this feature. If you want to understand this particular feature/location, take your figure in put it just above the area above your own eye and next to your nose ridge.

The second thing I think you should work on is your noses and their dimensions in space, I dont particularly have any skill in writing how to better define them, but this tutorial might give you a bit of help:

Hope to see more from ya!

Senior Member Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2013 02:37 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gyzra

I love the colour in the hair on the first picture, it has so much energy and volume. I also really like the panda, makes me think that you might be good at logo design. =]
    "The truth is far darker than you could ever imagine" -The Chronicles of Gyzra
    www.gyzra.com

Please give feedback on my artwork here so I can improve: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...ighlight=gyzra
    Thank you. =]

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

This appeared and I've decided to take a look-see here.
    First off, looking through this thread and found how you improved through the years, I totally see many progress and improvement that you've done. And well done.

I have to admit on something like, I'm not too grand with anatomy. I draw like once in a bluemoon so I guess that's why my progress isn't much, but @Serated is completely right when it comes to anatomy and you have some to completely change for the better of course. The eyes and nose area are some things to work on a little bit, I see the video and I even think it's a wonderful tutorial to follow up with. Now if you have to ask me the things I'm very mind-blown with is the flow and strokes you use with the brushes when you do your hair on the portraits you're doing. ouo It's absolutely stunning!

Creative mind Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

"Rain will not judge you. It will block off all other sounds yet it is calming and soothing. If you are scared and have lost your identity, it will be there, giving you all the time in the world to contemplate and think. It will cover your tears and let you express your sorrow, as silent as you want."

It was raining heavily here in Belgium and I was a bit sad by the fact that I've been having a major art block lately. I was thinking; how can certain artists make like 4 paintings...A week?!

Sitting there in front of my computer, it started raining harder. It had been really hot here and the rain was very soothing. Then I suddenly thought: "I should draw now."

This is the result.

Took me roughly 3 hours.

Thanks you all for the comments so far by the way. I love them!
    Last edited by Mr. Panda; 07-25-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'm not diggin' this new one. It has too much going on, and all of those rain droplets really steals away the detail you would have otherwise applied to the face, body, etc. Foreground, Middle ground, Background; I think this would have gone better minus all the drops.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

That was the point with this drawing though. The rain disguises the pain and the suffering a person is going through. I can see where you're coming from though, thanks for the comment.

On another note, I made a new digital painting.

Long story short, a friend of mine has a little sister who is in a tough situation right now. I decided to 'give' her a digital painting of her choice.

She asked me to do a painting of her Pony OC, Storm Chaser being hugged by the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Yes, Babs isn't in there, but she didn't want her in it.

Here's to you Maddy

This is by the way the very first time I drew...Ponies. I had fun.

EDIT: Added a new painting.

I love this piece. It was a lot of fun working on this while listening to music.

I had a dream about a young woman who was considered a witch. People hated her, just because of the word of one man. She was thrown into a well and they left her there to die. She reached out to the sunlight, the last glimmer of hope she would ever see.

When I woke up, I had to make a piece out of it.

Enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	For Maddie copy1 copy.jpg‎
Views:	39
Size:	3.61 MB
ID:	78908   Click image for larger version

Name:	stuck in well2.jpg‎
Views:	36
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	78928  
    Last edited by Mr. Panda; 08-01-2013 at 03:18 AM.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

I like the rain :3
    Cant wait to see more

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Awhhh the Cutie Mark Crusaders. So cute :3 I hope you do more ponies because ponies are awesome :3

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information