AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: only attracted to anime boys

Junior Member lairefaerie is a splendid one to behold lairefaerie is a splendid one to behold lairefaerie is a splendid one to behold lairefaerie is a splendid one to behold lairefaerie is a splendid one to behold lairefaerie is a splendid one to behold lairefaerie is a splendid one to behold lairefaerie's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-30-2013 04:31 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: only attracted to anime boys

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    Tldr fully. From what I did read though, lol. Yer duuuum
    Excuse me? You didn't read something fully because it was "too long", and you have the audacity to call the person who wrote something beyond your mental capacity (or at least your ability to focus) dumb? Thanks for the laugh ^__^

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nslay View Post
    I think this is bad advice. You should always think. Thinking leads to understanding. How could you ever assess yourself or your emotions without a single thought? Or extrapolate what another person may be thinking or feeling? It should go without saying, but people are highly intelligent and complicated beings. You can't always expect to understand people with your gut.
    Lol yes I completely disagree with that poster but it's not really worth responding to because those type of people and myself will never see eye to eye.

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
    I could make so many comments, but I'll say this: you can't reproduce with an aesthetically pleasing animated character.
    Who says I want to reproduce? I don't really like kids, anyway. Plus there's always adoption.
    I'm not saying I'd rather live my life obsessing over drawings than having real relationships-- If that were the case I wouldn't even be making this thread.

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ayu 「あゆ」 View Post
    Random thought: I agree with what lairefaerie said about girls generally being prettier and more attractive because of their softness. But guys need their ruggedness or else they'll come off too boyish and then you can't bring yourself to date them without feeling like a pedophile lol.
    hahahhahha
    i don't like super femmy boys like say.. justin bieber or 1 direction, i don't find them attractive at all.
    i'm just not into this whole massive muscles, rippling abs and just generally the whole super-macho look.

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kimihiro View Post
    Honestly, the only thing I was trying to do was help you see if there was a possibility of finding happiness in love with a real person. There's nothing wrong with you (as far as I know. Besides, I have many of my own flaws). Just hoping to help another human being strive for happiness.

I'm really not the best at articulating what I'm really trying to get at, even if my hobby is writing.

I do not know much about you. But I find it insulting that you say that I have never spent time searching for someone to love. But I'll divulge a secret to you: I have spent my entire life since the fifth grade actively searching for a partner. I was single until the 9th grade which was a year of an abusive relationship. Onwards after that ended, I did not give up. Why? Because I value love, loyalty and equality above all else. I didn't give up despite my severe depression because I'm not afraid to chase after happiness. You can say I don't know you and what you've gone through because I haven't. But NEVER tell me that I don't know the pain of rejection, loneliness.

I'm not gonna wake up one day, 40 years old and wishing for a better life. I'm gonna work the hardest I can, give my best effort and do everything in my power to enjoy the awesome power of love! Love is so hard to understand and achieve; that is why it is sought after so hard.

You can yell at me all you want. You can turn others against me. You can get me banned from AF. But I believe love is a part of true happiness.
    didn't mean to imply that you haven't experienced those things. i was just speaking in general.
    and why would i try to get you banned?

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rylingo View Post
    Guys are naturally more immature during their teens. I, for one, think boys should take exams a year later as their late maturity is damaging their education and putting them at an unfair disadvantage... but that's a whole different matter.
    Your voice I can't judge until I hear. Your stature is not a problem and it never will be. Guys actually prefer their girlfriends to be shorter, whilst girls prefer their boyfriends to be taller. Not that you should aim directly for taller guys, because it's really just a societal trend at the minute.

A female friend of mine quizzed me on holding back sex in relationships. She seemed to think I would respect a girl who made me too wait for sex. She was surprised when she found I didn't respect girls who did this anymore. I didn't respect them less either. I'm happy to have sex day 1 in a relationship, but if you girls want me to wait so you can make sure I'm not just using you, well that's fine. I can wait awhile. Either way is fine and most mature guys probably be ok with this. At university I was more interested in fun than a relationship though so I would have fallen at your first hurdle.
    You don't find boyfriends attractive? Do find non-anime boys in general physically unattractive?

You accuse teenage boys of being immature for purely wanting sex but you yourself want something more fantasy like. That's no more mature at all. That sounds a little rude and I don't mean it to be. There's nothing wrong in just wanting drama. There's nothing wrong with just wanting sex. Both are completely fine as long as you aren't tricking people. But understand that neither of these are likely to lead to good relationships. Your goals and your methods are completely incompatible. Please answer me this, why do most romance shows end with the guy getting the girl? Real life doesn't climax like that so why do they? And why do shows that continue past this point often struggle?

A guy putting you on a pedestal will not enter a good relationship with you. You will see him as inferior, looking down at him as he worships you. There's no balance. What you seek is essentially a broken relationship and it might hurt you if you find it. The chase may seem fine a dandy in a show, but reality is different. It always will be. If you make yourself into a chase challenge then only guys looking for a challenge will chase you. Those looking for love will think you only care about drama and walk the other way.

Good relationships are built on love, understanding, shared goals and communication. If you won't communicate with your significant other, the relationship will crumble.

Oh believe me, they do. Guys crave it. We are just used to locking it away as society dictates.
    Mind reading is not a sign of a good relationship. It's a supernatural ability that no real life person has. You can truly love a person and have no idea what they are thinking! Guys, in general are not as well trained in social queues as girls are. They will not pick up on your hints. Be straight forward. You want a deep connection? You tell them what you are thinking. Superpowers do not make it anymore romantic.
    Yes, I find non-anime boys in general physically unattractive. I mean, there's a lot of anime boys I also find unattractive hahah, I'm just generally an incredibly picky person and I could scroll through pages of photos of male models or those "super hot gay guys" you see girls reblogging on tumblr, and I just don't see what everyone else is making a fuss over. Like, I can look at someone and objectively think "Yeah you're a nice looking guy. I'm sure girls go crazy for that sparkling smile and your blue eyes. K." but as for my personal attraction to them... ? That's incredibly rare, and I definitely find that if someone's personality is awful, they are immediately crossed off the list no matter how good their looks may be.
    I suppose this worries me because, when it comes to merely fantasizing, there's no problem with being attracted to dangerous type guys and having darker desires, but when acting on them irl, I worry that I will end up with someone extremely unhealthy for me-- I stear clear of those with obvious mental issues but since I am so drawn to darkness... I worry it's inevitable that something bad will happen. The prince riding in on his pristine carriage, offering me a future full of sunshine and rainbows? I may say yes out of nothing but logic and the thought of "This is a good opportunity, he's a good guy, has a substantial living, he's nice... I should love him... I'll try to love him." But my heart would always be longing for the mysterious and alluring knight riding a dark horse or something. I don't know, this making sense? It's not like my heart is full of infidelity, it's not just that I grow cold and am on a constant search for excitement (although this is very true, I break up with people when this happens, I don't cheat), it's just that I long for something deeper. Something dramatic, like you said. Something that makes me feel intensely, even if that feeling is pain.
    Oh trust me, I don't want a guy who puts me on a pedestal. Rather, the opposite. I was just saying that I quite enjoy the idea of someone genuinely liking me so much that they'll never leave no matter what. I'd rather be slapped in the face than have someone tell me I need to calm down and walk away from me. I'd rather be chastised thoroughly than ignored. And well since we've already gotten pretty deep here I might as well just say that I know exactly why I am this way, it's because as a child I was not physically abused, rather I grew up neglected, completely ignored, just not seen at all, I wasn't worth bothering with. I was simply not loved enough by my mother to be disciplined, to be yelled at, to even be acknowledged at all. So now the one thing anyone can do that will drive me crazy is ignore me, I had a boyfriend who would always just do the "right thing" and walk away whenever I tried to pick a fight or was really torn up about something. I'm sure lots of girls would find that a virtue. I absolutely hated it.
    Anyway that probably got off topic, whatever.

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TadashiED View Post
    Well, as long as it isn't to the point where you're super obsessed with them and are in love with them, then it's totally normal. I feel that way about tons of anime girls. I haven't personally been attracted to a girl in a long time (no, I'm not gay) and honestly it's nothing to stress about. In girls' cases, a good percentage of real life boys are immature and act like little boys until they realize how dumb they are and decided to mature up.

Also, maybe you just haven't found your 'Prince Charming' yet
    ^_^

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2014 05:35 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lots of bits PSN ID: rf_switch Steam ID: lotsofbits

Maybe it's time to just go for people you're mentally and emotionally attached too.

Physical looks are nice and all but in the end you need to get along and be emotionally attached to the person in order for it to work.

You might not want to take my advice though. I don't really follow what I preach. At this point in my life I still need to be physically attracted to a person in order to move onto the emotional part, so.... take it for what you will.

and yeah, welcome to the forums... enjoy your stay
    Last edited by rf switch; 06-26-2013 at 03:58 AM.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by lairefaerie View Post
    Excuse me? You didn't read something fully because it was "too long", and you have the audacity to call the person who wrote something beyond your mental capacity (or at least your ability to focus) dumb? Thanks for the laugh ^__^
    Oh please, dont kid yourself. The likelihood of you being able to write something beyond my understanding is quite slim. This type of conversation has nothing to do with intelligence. What it comes down to is your inability to realize that you can not simply throw down a post as long as yours without taking into consideration the fact that a dragged out statement like that will become boring to the reader if not properly written (a skill which you have not developed yet). That whole thing could have been reduced down to one sentence. "I do not feel that it is necessary for me to be married or otherwise in a relationship to be happy." Boom! all that BS you wrote, in just one sentence.

let me ask you this, what was your purpose for starting this thread? What were you hoping to gain?
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 06-26-2013 at 05:25 AM.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Senior Member darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967's Avatar
    Gil
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2014 06:44 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: h3rra

Quote Originally Posted by nslay View Post
    I think this is bad advice. You should always think. Thinking leads to understanding. How could you ever assess yourself or your emotions without a single thought? Or extrapolate what another person may be thinking or feeling? It should go without saying, but people are highly intelligent and complicated beings. You can't always expect to understand people with your gut.
    Well of course, but I meant excessive thinking, sorry I should have made myself more clear, excessive thinking only leads to negative thoughts

in my opinion this whole topic didn't even need to be discussed, instead of doing something about the problem, you kept thinking about it and wrote about it.. the fact is that it wasn't really a revelant topic to discuss, it has only caused people to argue here and saying that boys are "smelly and gross" is just pure negativity. You're not alone with this problem so why even worry or feel the need to keep thinking about this?
    Last edited by darksky967; 06-26-2013 at 05:36 AM.
    Strengthen & Keep Strengthening

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

let me ask you this, what was your purpose for starting this thread? What were you hoping to gain?
    I'm not sure why anyone thinks people are hoping to "gain" anything from internet forum threads. Internet forums have been around long enough for people to know that very little is ever really gained from them.

90% of the time it's a way to kill time and entertain ones self.

Also if you say this grozit on the internet it usually doesn't come full circle and affect you in real life.

6. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by rf switch View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone thinks people are hoping to "gain" anything from internet forum threads. Internet forums have been around long enough for people to know that very little is ever really gained from them.

90% of the time it's a way to kill time and entertain ones self.

Also if you say this grozit on the internet it usually doesn't come full circle and affect you in real life.
    dont use your personal experience to speak for everyone else. I've learned buttloads of things from internet threads. You sir, simply look almost exclusively at the ones intended to kill time.

but for now my question stands and it was not, and still is not, aimed at you.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Can you not read???

anyone relate?

If you don't find him attractive then I believe you and your anime crush thing, he's perfect.
    Last edited by Xeyuzio; 06-26-2013 at 05:53 AM.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

dont use your personal experience to speak for everyone else. I've learned buttloads of things from internet threads. You sir, simply look almost exclusively at the ones intended to kill time.

but for now my question stands and it was not, and still is not, aimed at you.
    I'm not speaking for anyone else. Am I? Did I mention names? No.

Don't think because something like that is said that I'm speaking for other people. I made the post so I'm speaking for myself. Not you, Not the OP, not the person over there or over there. Me, Myself and I.... "rf switch" and "rf switch" only.

That's not to say I haven't every learned something, but seriously a majority of internet threads are pointless BS. A majority doesn't mean 100%. It can mean as little as 51%. 51% is a majority... I'd bet though that the amount of BS threads on the internet are higher than 51% though.

Quote Originally Posted by 0120 View Post
    Can you not read???
    No... Because from my experience too many people just read the thread title.. Not whats actually in the thread.
    Last edited by rf switch; 06-26-2013 at 05:55 AM.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Can you not read???
    i can read just fine. I'm just trying to dig a little deeper.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rf switch View Post
    I'm not speaking for anyone else. Am I? Did I mention names? No.
    umm...
    do i really need to point out how you're speaking in place of others?
    Hmmm... Been a while

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

Sometimes love hits you in the face, sometimes it seems to take a lot of searching to find the right person.

The only thing that you really do need to do is give up hope entirely otherwise you won't see a chance to take.

Senior Member RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2014 11:12 PM
    Charleston, South Carolina, Confederate States of America
    Threads

I say if Homosexuality is wrong, then I have a Right to be superficial.

Give me Daniel Radcliffe or Jesse McCartney. Or Robert Redford when he was in his Twenties.

"Let us enjoy the Rain together. My Umbrella is always open for you. Knowing me is knowing never having to say goodbye. It never stops raining, does it?"

Junior Member lairefaerie is a splendid one to behold lairefaerie is a splendid one to behold lairefaerie is a splendid one to behold lairefaerie is a splendid one to behold lairefaerie is a splendid one to behold lairefaerie is a splendid one to behold lairefaerie is a splendid one to behold lairefaerie's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Can you not read???

If you don't find him attractive then I believe you and your anime crush thing, he's perfect.

He's one of those people i look at and im like "Yeah he's obviously physically attractive buuut I feel absolutely no urge whatsoever to maul him."
    This, however... *-*

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

That looks like an anime version of the guy I posted, not sure if that was your intention but whatever, lol.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

15. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That looks like an anime version of the guy I posted, not sure if that was your intention but whatever, lol.
    I KNOW RIGHT? it was somewhat my intention i was thinking of anime boys i find attractive and remembered gareki, and then i was like wow, totally looks very similar to that guy. So, I do think I've determined I just have some incredibly weird fetish for... drawings, animations.
    It may have to do with my subconscious associating human beings with pain. I'm trying to be objective though but i have a feeling my psyche has decided to label all real boys as "bad, dangerous, stay away". Things that are out of my reach pose no harm, because I will never get close enough to be hurt... Hm.

Senior Member Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2013 06:15 PM
    Threads

Yes, I find non-anime boys in general physically unattractive. I mean, there's a lot of anime boys I also find unattractive hahah, I'm just generally an incredibly picky person and I could scroll through pages of photos of male models or those "super hot gay guys" you see girls reblogging on tumblr, and I just don't see what everyone else is making a fuss over. Like, I can look at someone and objectively think "Yeah you're a nice looking guy. I'm sure girls go crazy for that sparkling smile and your blue eyes. K." but as for my personal attraction to them... ? That's incredibly rare, and I definitely find that if someone's personality is awful, they are immediately crossed off the list no matter how good their looks may be.
    Different strokes for different folks. I tend to be a glass half full guy when it comes to looks but that doesn't mean you have to be.

I suppose this worries me because, when it comes to merely fantasizing, there's no problem with being attracted to dangerous type guys and having darker desires, but when acting on them irl, I worry that I will end up with someone extremely unhealthy for me-- I stear clear of those with obvious mental issues but since I am so drawn to darkness... I worry it's inevitable that something bad will happen. The prince riding in on his pristine carriage, offering me a future full of sunshine and rainbows? I may say yes out of nothing but logic and the thought of "This is a good opportunity, he's a good guy, has a substantial living, he's nice... I should love him... I'll try to love him." But my heart would always be longing for the mysterious and alluring knight riding a dark horse or something. I don't know, this making sense? It's not like my heart is full of infidelity, it's not just that I grow cold and am on a constant search for excitement (although this is very true, I break up with people when this happens, I don't cheat), it's just that I long for something deeper. Something dramatic, like you said. Something that makes me feel intensely, even if that feeling is pain.
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with fantasising about the dangerous guys but, as you said, being with them is dangerous. People aren't really as clear cut as the alluring knight or perfect prince. Hell someone looking like the knight may be not so dark and someone looking like the prince may be not so good.
    I find this rather interesting. You'd rather feel pain than nothing at all? That's to say non-dramatic relationships feel nothing? I'm sorry, it's not true. It's just not true at all.

Oh trust me, I don't want a guy who puts me on a pedestal.
    Good!

Rather, the opposite.
    Noooooooooooooooo!!!!

I was just saying that I quite enjoy the idea of someone genuinely liking me so much that they'll never leave no matter what.
    I don't. I'd like to think that if my partner came across me raping a young child she would leave me. A partner that will never leave gives no boundary to horrible, destructive behaviours.

I'd rather be slapped in the face than have someone tell me I need to calm down and walk away from me. I'd rather be chastised thoroughly than ignored.
    We are really different. I don't think you'd like me in situations like this because I would walk away. I would explain myself, rather than say nothing. I would explain myself quietly and calmly, then walk away.

And well since we've already gotten pretty deep here I might as well just say that I know exactly why I am this way, it's because as a child I was not physically abused, rather I grew up neglected, completely ignored, just not seen at all, I wasn't worth bothering with. I was simply not loved enough by my mother to be disciplined, to be yelled at, to even be acknowledged at all. So now the one thing anyone can do that will drive me crazy is ignore me, I had a boyfriend who would always just do the "right thing" and walk away whenever I tried to pick a fight or was really torn up about something. I'm sure lots of girls would find that a virtue. I absolutely hated it.
    Walking away isn't always the right thing. People must pick their battles. But if you fight over minor things it's going to seem frivolous.

There are two completely different circumstances involved here. When you were "really torn up" about something, he should have chose to listen. Not doing listening to important things when you are a boyfriend is shitty.
    On the other hand when you were picking fights he was right to leave. He probably hoped that you would learn your lesson and stop trying to destroy the relationship. If you want attention you ask for it. You don't be nasty. It's not okay and blaming your parents will not validate the behaviour. You were in the wrong to hurt someone for selfish reasons.

Anyway that probably got off topic, whatever.
    ^_^
    This is miscellaneous. Nothing is off topic!

He's one of those people i look at and im like "Yeah he's obviously physically attractive buuut I feel absolutely no urge whatsoever to maul him."
    This, however... *-*
    Pssh, he ain't nothing on me!

Okay, totally going on a tangent. But you should try giving Charlie Brooker's series on why TV shows ruin relationships
    +
    "> " /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

He is my favourite misanthropic TV commentator. It can be a little explicit from time to time. You have been warned.

Senior Member RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Be sweet, Peoples! Or I will spank you with the Baka Stick!

"Let us enjoy the Rain together. My Umbrella is always open for you. Knowing me is knowing never having to say goodbye. It never stops raining, does it?"

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So you like anime dudes. Okay.
    At least you can get into a relationship if you wanted one. Me? I'm one of those boring ”nice” guys. BUT.. I show no mercy or remorse to people, or anything, that do not deserve it. I show great leniency though, and all of that contrasts within my persona.

Your picky-ness is part of you and I believe it is a good thing. But if you end up with someone below your expectations, then you can run away or learn to accept what you have.

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Rylingo View Post
    Different strokes for different folks. I tend to be a glass half full guy when it comes to looks but that doesn't mean you have to be.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with fantasising about the dangerous guys but, as you said, being with them is dangerous. People aren't really as clear cut as the alluring knight or perfect prince. Hell someone looking like the knight may be not so dark and someone looking like the prince may be not so good.
    I find this rather interesting. You'd rather feel pain than nothing at all? That's to say non-dramatic relationships feel nothing? I'm sorry, it's not true. It's just not true at all.

Good!

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!

I don't. I'd like to think that if my partner came across me raping a young child she would leave me. A partner that will never leave gives no boundary to horrible, destructive behaviours.

We are really different. I don't think you'd like me in situations like this because I would walk away. I would explain myself, rather than say nothing. I would explain myself quietly and calmly, then walk away.

Walking away isn't always the right thing. People must pick their battles. But if you fight over minor things it's going to seem frivolous.

There are two completely different circumstances involved here. When you were "really torn up" about something, he should have chose to listen. Not doing listening to important things when you are a boyfriend is shitty.
    On the other hand when you were picking fights he was right to leave. He probably hoped that you would learn your lesson and stop trying to destroy the relationship. If you want attention you ask for it. You don't be nasty. It's not okay and blaming your parents will not validate the behaviour. You were in the wrong to hurt someone for selfish reasons.

This is miscellaneous. Nothing is off topic!

Pssh, he ain't nothing on me!

Okay, totally going on a tangent. But you should try giving Charlie Brooker's series on why TV shows ruin relationships
    +
    "> " /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

He is my favourite misanthropic TV commentator. It can be a little explicit from time to time. You have been warned.
    Do not tell me I'm using it as an excuse. I hate you so much for that. Everything you said has been discarded because of that one horrible comment. I am the type of person who constantly blames myself and self punishes and I have had to learn it is more healthy to place blame where blame is due-- there is a difference between making excuses and learning to not hate yourself forever due to something that was not within your power, painful things that happened to you that molded who you are, some things that can never be changed. Don't respond any more please, that crossed a line.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Do not tell me I'm using it as an excuse. I hate you so much for that.

that statement of yours just screams denial.

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Albear View Post
    So you like anime dudes. Okay.
    At least you can get into a relationship if you wanted one. Me? I'm one of those boring ”nice” guys. BUT.. I show no mercy or remorse to people, or anything, that do not deserve it. I show great leniency though, and all of that contrasts within my persona.
    Hmmm... Been a while

Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 05:08 PM
    Threads

Just ignored the trolls. Rylingo and Kaleo like to troll a lot.

Senior Member darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967's Avatar
    Gil
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2014 06:44 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: h3rra

I don't think that Rylingo is a troll, he seems like an honest poster to me
    Strengthen & Keep Strengthening

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Kaleohano
    Mah story is so cool, it's like ice co wata, dawg.

Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

X'D

Such Fun, you are, Kaleohano!
    Last edited by RainyDayMan; 06-29-2013 at 12:22 AM.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Albear View Post
    @Kaleohano
    Mah story is so cool, it's like ice co wata, dawg.
    and mah stories, argh da ice yo!

Hmmm... Been a while

Senior Member Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2013 06:15 PM
    Threads

Do not tell me I'm using it as an excuse. I hate you so much for that. Everything you said has been discarded because of that one horrible comment. I am the type of person who constantly blames myself and self punishes and I have had to learn it is more healthy to place blame where blame is due-- there is a difference between making excuses and learning to not hate yourself forever due to something that was not within your power, painful things that happened to you that molded who you are, some things that can never be changed. Don't respond any more please, that crossed a line.
    I'll only respond to say that I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. It was never my intention. When threads on forums are about personal matters, it can be difficult to see were the line is drawn between what's appropriate and what isn't and I guess I crossed it. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayu 「あゆ」 View Post
    Just ignored the trolls. Rylingo and Kaleo like to troll a lot.
    Nope, I don't troll.

Closed Thread

Thread Information