AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: only attracted to anime boys

Senior Member Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Ceiling Cat Albatross
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:52 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: only attracted to anime boys

@lairefaerie
    So you want a dude similar to an anime character, but not as good looking because you don't trust good looking guys?

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    I don't actually believe it's a thing (this article explains a bit more), and therefore cannot be avoided. It's based on the principle/expectation that someone's friendship is a consolation prize for something else you actually wanted (love/sex/relationship/attention), but didn't get.
    It very much is a thing. It is based on a principle that friendships which don't harbor romantic feelings in the early stages never will. Thus one has a choice of being straight forward about their feelings or giving up entirely, but this need to be done early on. In doing so, the friend zone is avoided.

People who do not understand this concept will often believe that if they continue to court, eventually it will end happily. It's obvious that you can't have a friendship when there is such an imbalance of power, that one part is going to be taking the other for granted, and that it's just going to lead to a lot of bitterness in the end.

More specifically, the word "Friendzoned" should really just be called "Disappointment" instead.
    Yeah, instead of calling Scooby-Doo a "dog", let's just call him an "animal" instead. That's all he really is anyway.
    Honestly though, what do you have to gain by pretending the friendzone doesn't exist?
    Last edited by Wio; 08-07-2013 at 01:01 AM.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    It very much is a thing. It is based on a principle that friendships which don't harbor romantic feelings in the early stages never will. Thus one has a choice of being straight forward about their feelings or giving up entirely, but this need to be done early on. In doing so, the friend zone is avoided.

... does a friendship always need to work under the pretenses of becoming something more?

People who do not understand this concept will often believe that if they continue to court, eventually it will end happily. It's obvious that you can't have a friendship when there is such an imbalance of power, that one part is going to be taking the other for granted, and that it's just going to lead to a lot of bitterness in the end.
    That's why when your friend wants nothing more than friendship, you move on, even though it might be hard and painful to do so, instead of complaining about how they "friendzoned" you (which implies that you simply have problems moving on, and deserve something more.) Dealing with such disappointment is a part of life.

Yeah, instead of calling Scooby-Doo a "dog", let's just call him an "animal" instead. That's all he really is anyway.
    Honestly though, what do you have to gain by pretending the friendzone doesn't exist?
    If I like a guy and he's my friend -- but wants to only be friends with me, I don't consider that friendzoning. I consider that him just wanting to be friends.

And, I get nothing out of "pretending" it doesn't exist. It's my opinion it doesn't exist, for reasons i've already outlined above.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Junior Member Fringie is on a distinguished road Fringie's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Mario Cheep Cheep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2013 05:30 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fringie2 Steam ID: boofarn

I can't blame the OP for preferring Anime guys. The fake that has very few flaws of course will be much more loved than the real; people can pretend it's not true but it is. You see this in real life, people adore famous singers etc. They might have a good voice, good lyrics, good looks but they don't know them and they still want the singer. They (in this case seem to) have less flaws (if any) so people will be drawn to that..

It's a shame really, life will always suck. I can't blame you for preferring a fake world but your going to have to pull your head out of your donkey and face reality or your own life will deteriorate even more than it already has.

5. Likes Ayu 「あゆ」 liked this post
    Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 05:08 PM
    Threads

Last edited by Ayu 「あゆ」; 08-07-2013 at 12:28 PM.

7. Likes Kaleohano liked this post
    Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

... does a friendship always need to work under the pretenses of becoming something more?
    No, all friendships need to work under the pretense of never becoming something more, that is the point. I think I made that pretty clear.

In denying the friend zone, the implication is that trying hard enough or waiting long enough might pay out. Is that what you think? Do you know that many people for which this has worked out? I know half a dozen horror stories. Hell, I have friend zoned people. I have also brought a guy who was in the friend zone to his senses, and now he has a girlfriend who actually cares about him.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    No, all friendships need to work under the pretense of never becoming something more, that is the point. I think I made that pretty clear.

In denying the friend zone, the implication is that trying hard enough or waiting long enough might pay out. Is that what you think? Do you know that many people for which this has worked out? I know half a dozen horror stories. Hell, I have friend zoned people. I have also brought a guy who was in the friend zone to his senses, and now he has a girlfriend who actually cares about him.
    I am not saying that one cannot become more than friends with someone, or that it never works out. I am only disputing the concept of "friendzone" because it kind of sounds like a ridiculous concept . As in a, "oh, poor me" victim kind of mentality.

"the implication is that trying hard enough or waiting long enough might pay out. Is that what you think?"

Might "pay out"? well no, I don't consider people slot machines. Some people (both men and women), do. The fact stands, that if you're nice to someone in the hopes of them "paying out" (in the form of a relationship/sex/whatever), and then get angry when the other person rejects you, that is kind of a backwards mentality because it assumes you were entitled to something you probably weren't entitled to in the first place.

I have also brought a guy who was in the friend zone to his senses, and now he has a girlfriend who actually cares about him.
    You saint.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 08-07-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

We could also go on to discuss how friendzoning doesn't actually exist, it's just a term coined by people who are disappointed that they didn't get what they wanted from a person.
    how's it not a real thing? you pretty much just defined it.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

No. A friendship is just that, friendship. There are plenty of girls i know that i'm fine just being friends with. If something happens, then something happens. If however, i get to know someone specifically to get more than just a friendship out of it, then it was never really a "friendship" to begin with. and therefore i believe i have a right to feel some level of disappointment when it turns out to be nothing more than a friendship.
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 08-07-2013 at 03:49 PM.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

I refuse to say "whatever floats your boat" for this situation. I have met plenty o' kids like this at university. Outside you go!

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Fringie View Post
    It's a shame really, life will always suck.
    speak for yourself. Life has cars, money, alcohol, and sex. Life is awesome!
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    Yeah, because every attractive male/female are the same. Judging all of them in one basket shows me you have yet to mature enough and really need to stopping calling people delusional when in fact that post comes off as delusional. Sure, some attractive people can be greatly annoying. Though, for every annoying attractive person there is someone less attractive who is equally as annoying.

The OP is shallow. Saying this thread isn't shallow, but saying judging anime characters by looks is shallow makes your argument look as foolish as the OP. Maybe even more foolish actually.

Pay attention by the way. The OP said good looking people are bad people. You waste energy by putting up useless comments like this and calling people trolls, but not replying to her instead? Am I supposed to take you seriously?
    trololol

14. Dislikes Anime Forum, Rylingo disliked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    how's it not a real thing? you pretty much just defined it.
    I defined it as "disappointment". Obviously the TERM "friendzoning" exists. That's not what I meant. I mean the concept of "friendzoning" as a lot of people currently use it, shouldn't really exist as a thing because it's just disappointment -- nothing more. A lot of people go "aw, I just got friendzoned!" when they actually mean "I am in serious despair and disappointment because things didn't go the way I wanted them to."

The difference is, disappointment is an emotion as a result of something not going your way, which happens to everyone. "Friendzoning" sounds like someone put you there and now you must cry about you're there and don't deserve to be there, rather than just moving on.

Furthermore, the concept of the "friend zone" assumes that you're at point A, and you want to be a point B. Instead of just dealing with the disappointment and just seeing how things will work out (maybe he'll call me, maybe he won't, maybe she will go out with me, maybe she won't), it's kind of like "how do I get out the friendzone? how do I avoid the friendzone?" ... as you're automatically entitled to more than just friendship with that person, and you just have to "work" to get it. If someone isn't interested in you, they're not interested in you, and no amount of "working" to get them sexually or romantically interested in you is going to work ... unless they are actually interested in you.

Just my opinion, though.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 08-07-2013 at 07:12 PM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Senior Member Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2013 06:15 PM
    Threads

Ah yee old friend zone. More commonly guys get placed in it than girls because it's simply easier to mistake female friendships for something more. One cruel little phrase I've heard floating around is that, "Girls aren't sex dispensers where you put in enough nice guy coins and you get laid." The phrase quite simply doesn't work because guys in the friend zone are not just looking for sex. They're looking for a relationship. And yeah it sucks for them. Sometimes it'll suck for the girl because she may lose a friend or two to it.

The friend zone is fairly easy to get out of anyway. Either stop being a friend or stop looking for a relationship with them. Both are perfectly fine ways out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayu 「あゆ」 View Post
    trololol
    You keep using that phrase and I'm not sure if you understand what it means. A troll is not someone who disagrees with you. A troll is not someone who is mean to you. A troll is someone purely looking to get a rise out of others, with no ulterior motives. Stop calling people a troll when they are clearly not trolling. It just makes it look like you are trying to get a rise out of them.

Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rylingo View Post
    Ah yee old friend zone. More commonly guys get placed in it than girls because it's simply easier to mistake female friendships for something more. One cruel little phrase I've heard floating around is that, "Girls aren't sex dispensers where you put in enough nice guy coins and you get laid." The phrase quite simply doesn't work because guys in the friend zone are not just looking for sex. They're looking for a relationship. And yeah it sucks for them. Sometimes it'll suck for the girl because she may lose a friend or two to it.
    That phrase only applies to Nice Guys who act "nice" to get what they want, not all guys. And yea, it "sucks" for those guys who believe they're entitled to a relationship with a woman just because they want it. That phrase isn't really "cruel", though, it's pretty accurate. "Nice Guys" actually treat women as if they are dispensers for what they want, and if they act "nice" (instead of actually being kind), enough, they will eventually get what they want. It's a very flawed and delusional thought process.

And anyone who treats people like that does not deserve to be called a friend.

Sometimes it'll suck for the girl because she may lose a friend or two to it
    "Nice Guys" aren't actual friends, though.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 08-07-2013 at 09:19 PM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I defined it as "disappointment". Obviously the TERM "friendzoning" exists. That's not what I meant. I mean the concept of "friendzoning" as a lot of people currently use it, shouldn't really exist as a thing because it's just disappointment -- nothing more. A lot of people go "aw, I just got friendzoned!" when they actually mean "I am in serious despair and disappointment because things didn't go the way I wanted them to."

The difference is, disappointment is an emotion as a result of something not going your way, which happens to everyone. "Friendzoning" sounds like someone put you there and now you must cry about you're there and don't deserve to be there, rather than just moving on.
    theres more than one way to skin a cat. "disappointment" is a very broad term that can be the result of many different things. "Friendszone" is a certain type of disappointment that has one and only one cause. its not a philosophical argument about whether or not the "friendzone" is real, its a simple definition for a word that describes a situation. All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares.

Furthermore, the concept of the "friend zone" assumes that you're at point A, and you want to be a point B. Instead of just dealing with the disappointment and just seeing how things will work out (maybe he'll call me, maybe he won't, maybe she will go out with me, maybe she won't), it's kind of like "how do I get out the friendzone? how do I avoid the friendzone?" ... as you're automatically entitled to more than just friendship with that person, and you just have to "work" to get it. If someone isn't interested in you, they're not interested in you, and no amount of "working" to get them sexually or romantically interested in you is going to work ... unless they are actually interested in you.

Just my opinion, though.
    i'm a little confused by this statement. but i'ma try to respond to it. Just let me know if i completely missed the meaning of it.

Its not that i want to go from A to B. I want to go from A to C, but i'm stuck at B. Thats what friendzone is. More often than not, you have to go through B to get to C, but him/her not letting you past B creates the problem.

the last sentence of your quote describes it just right. "No amount of 'working' to get them sexually or romantically interested in you is going to work." In short, you just said "Friendzone."
    Hmmm... Been a while

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

trololol
    This post is awkward. Are you trolling or are you calling me a troll? Either way you fail o_o .. Trolling is an art or at least some believe it is. When you fail to get a rise out of the person you tried to troll or troll in awkward situations, was that really a good attempt? When is it a "troll" attempt or when is it a "stupid opinion" to make seem like a troll attempt?

Am I troll? No. My opinion seems to have gotten a rise out of you though. Either way, your reputation on here keeps dropping and you were barely relevant to begin with.
    Last edited by Anime Forum; 08-07-2013 at 11:22 PM.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Maybe you're misunderstanding me, slightly ...

"Friendszone" is a certain type of disappointment that has one and only one cause.
    It's disapointment with a different name. It's not a "zone". There is no "zone". The "zone" is imaginary.

its not that i want to go from A to B. I want to go from A to C, but i'm stuck at B. Thats what friendzone is. More often than not, you have to go through B to get to C, but him/her not letting you past B creates the problem.
    Right. So, if someone just isn't interested in you, and they've made that clear, you should probably stop trying. This means if I like a guy romantically, and he's my friend, but he wants to remain just friends, I shouldn't pester him to see me as more than a friend, because a) that's annoying, and b), that's not how relationships actually work. He didn't actually put me in some sort of zone ... he just was not interested in me the way I was in him.

An odd (but good) example is from the show "Family Matters". Basically, throughout the entire show, Steve Urkel annoys Laura endlessly into dating him. She never does, because she sees him as an annoying and nerdy guy who is constantly wreaking havoc around her and her family. Urkel has a girlfriend at some point, but his "true love" is still Laura. The point is, he doesn't take "no" for an answer. He keeps on trying, pouring his heart out to her, even though he knows she doesn't like him. He became so desperate later on that he transformed himself into the much more handsome and suave "Stefan", and then this works for a little while until Laura realizes that Stefan is too perfect and she doesn't really love him. She ends up with Urkel at the end ...

It sounds "romantic", but the fact remains that he didn't stop at hearing "no" ... he just kept bugging the crap out of her until she relented. Which is a little creepy and obsessive.

But I digress. Anyway ...

the last sentence of your quote describes it just right. "No amount of 'working' to get them sexually or romantically interested in you is going to work." In short, you just said "Friendzone."
    I was talking about disappointment in relationships in general. In the context of a "friend zone", it's different. Perhaps if I explain further.

It is precisely this:

Disappointment is one thing. "Friendzone" just sounds bitter. It's kind of like "aw, man ... I really like this person, and all I got was their crappy friendship ..." or at least that's how it comes off to me. As in, you don't really value their friendship or them as a person, because you wanted something more.

Basically ... persecution complex, persecution complex everywhere. The "Friendzone" mentality appears to be blaming the person you're interested in for not being interested in you, for not letting you attain another "level", and for putting you in this imaginary "zone", and it reeks of insecurity and not being able to properly deal with rejection.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 08-07-2013 at 11:29 PM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Junior Member Fringie is on a distinguished road Fringie's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Mario Cheep Cheep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2013 05:30 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fringie2 Steam ID: boofarn

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    speak for yourself. Life has cars, money, alcohol, and sex. Life is awesome!
    Well I guess it depends on what people define as a good life.

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm one of those who thinks the term "friendzone" is a just copout word people use to whine and complain because she's just not that into you right now.

23. Thanks Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Fringie View Post
    Well I guess it depends on what people define as a good life.
    cars, money, alcohol, and sex isnt a bad place to start.
    Hmmm... Been a while

Senior Member Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That phrase only applies to Nice Guys who act "nice" to get what they want, not all guys. And yea, it "sucks" for those guys who believe they're entitled to a relationship with a woman just because they want it. That phrase isn't really "cruel", though, it's pretty accurate. "Nice Guys" actually treat women as if they are dispensers for what they want, and if they act "nice" (instead of actually being kind), enough, they will eventually get what they want. It's a very flawed and delusional thought process.
    I'm sorry the phrase is cruel and bullshit. Most of these people are not tricking friends into sex. They are searching for relationships. To state that they are searching for sex is just plain old wrong. Sex isn't that difficult to find. A good relationship is. They just don't know how to look for a relationship.

They don't "believe they're entitled to a relationship". A lot of them believe they are on the way to a relationship. They're just too socially inexperienced to understand they are going nowhere. I'm a big fan of Hanlon's razor. Don't put to malice what could be put to stupidity. To me the friend zone has been more of a construct of inexperience and stupidity than it has of people being entitled. I honestly think you are to harsh on such a large section of people who are merely seeking love in the wrong place. I feel sorry for them.

And anyone who treats people like that does not deserve to be called a friend.
    Deserve, not deserve... does it matter? They aren't manipulating peoples friendship to steal love. They think they are using the appropriate path. You are correct I suppose. They are not a friend. This doesn't make them evil though. Just wrong.

I'm one of those who thinks the term "friendzone" is a just copout word people use to whine and complain because she's just not that into you right now.
    Sure it's a bit of a copout term for some kids struggling to understand why he/she likes you as a friend but nothing. Still it's an understandable position. You want a romantic relationship, you think its leading somewhere but infact you've been moving towards long term friendship the whole time. People make this error all the time.

Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rylingo View Post
    I'm sorry the phrase is cruel and bullshit. Most of these people are not tricking friends into sex. They are searching for relationships. To state that they are searching for sex is just plain old wrong. Sex isn't that difficult to find. A good relationship is. They just don't know how to look for a relationship.

They don't "believe they're entitled to a relationship". A lot of them believe they are on the way to a relationship. They're just too socially inexperienced to understand they are going nowhere. I'm a big fan of Hanlon's razor. Don't put to malice what could be put to stupidity. To me the friend zone has been more of a construct of inexperience and stupidity than it has of people being entitled. I honestly think you are to harsh on such a large section of people who are merely seeking love in the wrong place. I feel sorry for them.

Deserve, not deserve... does it matter? They aren't manipulating peoples friendship to steal love. They think they are using the appropriate path. You are correct I suppose. They are not a friend. This doesn't make them evil though. Just wrong.

Sure it's a bit of a copout term for some kids struggling to understand why he/she likes you as a friend but nothing. Still it's an understandable position. You want a romantic relationship, you think its leading somewhere but infact you've been moving towards long term friendship the whole time. People make this error all the time.
    Still, everything you've described is just disappointment. Being in a friendship and having feelings for someone and not having them reciprocated is a particularly painful type of disappointment. Still don't understand why this needs to be called a "friendzone". It isn't actually a zone.

"disapointmentzone?"
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Still, everything you've described is just disappointment. Being in a friendship and having feelings for someone and not having them reciprocated is a particularly painful type of disappointment. Still don't understand why this needs to be called a "friendzone". It isn't actually a zone.

"disapointmentzone?"
    "BlueBallsZone"?

Closed Thread

Thread Information