AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cowboy Bebop, First Wp

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2005 06:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Ok, first WP. It seems plain to me but I don't know what to do with it. suggestions are definately needed. Thanks everyone!

SHTIL Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2019 03:44 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kasius DeVias Steam ID: Sophonax

Maybe center the text, find an other font and color..

Edit: The background is very empty.. try to add something..
    | Someone painted the sky |
    | Forever in my heart |

Game Developer/3D Character Animator
    eSports Commentator & Senior Server Administrator for LionsEK

Digital Plague Seyia has a spectacular aura about Seyia has a spectacular aura about Seyia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2006 06:47 PM
    Threads

umm..put some cloud or angels or whats a good thing for bebop that hes dead and he likes it in heaven oh.. i don't know just do what sophonax said
    bang wowowo

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

don't leave the background white, looks plain......work on the extractiona bit...there is a red light red line around Spike that looks kind of rough..........

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2009 07:58 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Fix the extraction outline. It is rather spikey. The smudge tool might help or start over with the extraction. His colours are dull for it to match the smooth bars at the top. The bg is too white and too plain. The text "bang" is ok but not sure if it is needed. I think something from the anime would help. A good start.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Bang is the last thing he says as he is standing there.

I'll try and fix the extraction.

yeah, I needed ideas for what to put in the BG. I'll expiriment with those ideas.

Sophanax: Which text should I center, the "Cowboy Bebop"?

SHTIL Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Yes.. Center the "Cowboy Bebop".. change font and color too..
    | Forever in my heart |

Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Edit: I hate doubleposting! -Beats himself-
    Stupid doublepost..
    | Forever in my heart |

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Mainly this is just to ask how extraction is now. Changed BG a little too.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Figured out what I was doing wrong with rendering clouds. Here's another.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Messed around a little bit more. This one put grey clouds with a lens flare in the corner. Last one tonight.

Senior Member acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2005 06:34 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

so far i think i like the blue cloud bg best, but i'd have to disagree about centering the "cowboy bebop" text, it looked better on the side to me. as for the extraction, it looks much better now. i would suggest increasing the contrast of the picture of spike, that will help reduce the washed out look.

oh by the way, it's a pretty good first wall (simpicity is sometimes a good thing)
    Sanity is a stereotype I wish not to be associated with, the same applies to normality.
    my MiniTokyo Gallery if you want bigger walls.

Butterfly of Gadgets gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2009 02:24 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

ill agree with acamori......

Senior Member KJ Killa KJ Killa's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2004 02:35 PM
    Threads

*puts as desktop*
    just ignore em....spike rocks!!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Originally posted by KJ Killa@Jul 9 2004, 06:34 PM
    *puts as desktop*
    just ignore em....spike rocks!!!
    Well, I figure they probably know more about wallpapers than I do so I'll definately listen :^_^: .

Edit: OT, but has anyone seen any high quality Wolfs Rain pics, especially of when they are in wolf-form? I searched a bunch of sights throughout the resource post, but only found one or two of the wolves.

Senior Member escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I like the blue bg better. but the extraction is better.

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 12:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

FYI...

Lens Flare = teh suck.

Seriously, it's so overused that it's gotten to the point of annoyance. At any rate, you can hardly tell it's there. ^_^
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Now this, this I fly with pride.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Let's see, messed around with Spike's contrast, added girl (forgot name), still am not sure what to do with the Cowboy Bebop sign. It does have a lense flare, but you can barely see it and I don't feel like changing it right now :P . I think it actually looks like a WP! *gasp*

Senior Member KJ Killa KJ Killa's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2004 02:35 PM
    Threads

heh...they were right...it looks much better...keep up the good work...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

It looks much better with the girl. ^^ Its nice how you have her back towards us and him facing us. It works. Good Job.

Senior Member Foxxer will become famous soon enough Foxxer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2007 05:20 PM
    Threads

Lots of potential here. A couple of ideas...

- Make the girl a lot larger and fainter. Her head/hair could fill the background to the left of Spike.
    - The grey background you used earlier was nice; it fit Spike's colors better.
    - The scene this image is from is intensely sad, raw, and moving. Drab colors work better for it. The bright-red 'BANG' with the blood dripping from it really doesn't match; it seems too campy for the image, like a 'POW' 'WHAP' 'BANG' from the old Batman TV show.
    - The mustard-yellow color of the title also doesn't match Spike's colors, and the circus font seems out-of-place with the scene as well.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Made girl bigger, got rid of "bang", went with grey (I agree, Foxxer, grey better), and found the logo. Also, the lense flare was needed. It seems bland. Besides, I think it gives the effect of him going to heaven or something.

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 12:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

There ya go. ^_^ IMO this is the best version.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Now this, this I fly with pride.

Senior Member Foxxer will become famous soon enough Foxxer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2007 05:20 PM
    Threads

Getting much better! A few thoughts on the latest revision:

- The woman seems ... separate, not a part of the picture. I feel like she needs to be partly behind Spike, maybe also a little fainter. And it's kind of odd for her to be there while he's doing that thing he does in the final episode... I still think it would work better for her to be even more ghostly, somehow.

- I like that you've put the CB logo at the top, and it has a neat texture to it. But there are more interesting things you can do with it - like, what if you chopped it up, and put the upper kanji above the image, and the lower kanji below the image? And stretch them horizontally?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

He's grainy. Well his hair anyways. I like it a lot but somehow the cloud filter seem plain,..how about real clouds from a stock photo? She needs to be a little more transparent..she's not ghostly enough. so that's what I think.

Closed Thread

Thread Information