AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Robot Carnival

Member Knightsong is on a distinguished road Knightsong's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2013 10:29 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Robot Carnival

Has anyone where ever seen the film Robot Carnival? It was made in the early 80's and it is a series of short stories all involving robots. It's a magnificent film with outstanding animation; to my knowledge it has never been released in the states on DVD and is fairly expensive to get a copy on VHS the last time I checked. It's worth checking out.

Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Goomba Paint Palette Kawaii Sundae
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SolidArmor1

Yes, awesome collection of short anime stories. Been looking for it myself. My favorite had to be "The Running Man", but they were all really good.

Senior Member RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2014 11:12 PM
    Charleston, South Carolina, Confederate States of America
    Threads

Default Re: Robot Carnival

I never liked it. It was too random even for a random Bloke like I. There were some good Shorts, but some were too depressing for me. Some others were too bizarre for I, and my last Fiancée said I was weird. That is saying something. I remember when it came out on the Science-Fiction Channel with "Vampire Hunter D" and "Lensman." I cannot find "Lensman" anywhere by anybody.

My favourite Mecha Anime? "GO BIG O! SHOWTIME!"
    "

"Let us enjoy the Rain together. My Umbrella is always open for you. Knowing me is knowing never having to say goodbye. It never stops raining, does it?"

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I liked Lensman too, I really wish they'd bring that out on Blu-Ray or DVD. I remember watching it at an anime club back in the late 80's. That was an interesting club. They we'd meet at different places like pizza buffets and stuff and the guy presenting the anime would pause the movie and translate specific sections for the club. Back then almost all anime stuff was boot legged from Japan. There was a local store that got it here and they charged $20 a tape no matter the length. It could be 15 minutes of music videos or 5 hours of some series. I saw allot of different shows that way. None of them translated, just had to follow as best I could. Akira is a trip to watch having no idea of what is being said.

Senior Member RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I never liked "Akira." I could not tell what was going on, and it was gross.

"Let us enjoy the Rain together. My Umbrella is always open for you. Knowing me is knowing never having to say goodbye. It never stops raining, does it?"

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Akria is not for everyone. I enjoyed it, the animation is incredible.

Junior Member qjackson is on a distinguished road qjackson's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2013 09:51 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: bigthanurs

Robot Carnival was one of the first anime films I've ever seen believe it or not. Some of the shorts were really good and some not so much. The biggest issue with the film was the first three or four (can't really remember the number) were all silent and had music behind them so I thought it was going to be a Fantasia type thing but the later shorts proved otherwise. Other than that it was good.

Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

"Warriors of the Wind" was the first Anime I ever saw. Then the Science Fiction Channel had "Lensman", "Robot Carnival", and "Vampire Hunter D" on. But it was "Sailor Moon" that got me totally hooked.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Never watched Sailor Moon before. One of the few popular animes that I've never seen any of, other than the opening credits.

Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

They are making a new "Sailor Moon" Series soon, but the Production has been behind. It will take Time. Give the Oldies a Shot if you can enjoy magical Girl Anime. It is my all-time favourite.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I might have to give it a shot

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information