AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 93

Thread: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

  1. #26
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    33,648.09
    Gender
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 11:36 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Behind Blue Eyes
    Threads
    222
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    Just wondering... why DO you even care where it was made? People in Japan don't.


    anime -- pronounced "ah-knee-may" -- is an abbreviation of the word animation. In Japan, the word's used to refer to all animation.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-17-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.


    Author of "How to Be an Anime Character" available from Amazon.com

  2. #27
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    1,000,758,022.29
    Gender
    Gifts Cookie Wolf Cake
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 07:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    27
    Threads
    337
    Posts
    14,407
    Blog Entries
    839
    AW Wallpapers
    26
    Rep Power
    10157
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    I did read your posts and look up the sites. Many things are missing... like how the Bible doesn't mention woodpeckers and things. And you never answered my question.


    Now, if where the cartoon is made is so important, what about things like Gargoyles? Season one was made in Japan.




    Does that make it anime?
    Nope, because it was simply outsourced by Americans to make production costs cheaper.

    Who writes the show? Who directs it? Who decides what happens in the show?? What language is the show written for?? Thats what you need to look up. If all or most of those are "Japan" then its anime. If all or most of those are- America, Italy, Canada, Germany, etc then its that countries cartoon. People outsource things to other, cheaper, countries all the time.

    Ok, let me ask you this-
    What company is Apple? American? Chinese? Japanese? German?

  3. #28
    Keeping Score Without The Music Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    118,584.63
    Gender
    Gifts Watermelon Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2014 08:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    416
    Posts
    7,539
    Blog Entries
    98
    Rep Power
    8000
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Just wondering... why DO you even care where it was made?
    Because that defines what anime actually is. I don't care, stop jumping to assumptions. No one is dissing American cartoons.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Alice Carroll reading articles on Anime Globe~


  4. #29
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    33,648.09
    Gender
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 11:36 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Behind Blue Eyes
    Threads
    222
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    I'm just wondering why there is this supposed difference. The styles the same, American cartoons are dubbed into Japanese the same way theirs are dubbed here, up until the 90's most people would have said there was no real difference. Yet everyone keeps finding reasons to act as if there's some line on the Earth where anime can not be made... and then making excuses like if it's made in Korea or if an american made it...



    What about Ninja high school? It was made by an American.

    Tenchi Muyo was based on "I Dream of Jeannie"

    Ranma is based on an old TV show called" Turbo teen".

    Megatokyo is sold on the manga shelves right along everything else... and did you ever see Van Von Hunter? Or the Rising Stars of Manga?





    Seriously, give me a list of the differences besides who makes it and where it's made? Some valid non-race based reasons.
    Because so far all your reasons make you sound like Nazis. Silly Gaijin...

    Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-17-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.


    Author of "How to Be an Anime Character" available from Amazon.com

  5. #30
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    1,000,758,022.29
    Gender
    Gifts Cookie Wolf Cake
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 07:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    27
    Threads
    337
    Posts
    14,407
    Blog Entries
    839
    AW Wallpapers
    26
    Rep Power
    10157
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    And? Lion King was based on a Japanese cartoon, its still an American Disney movie.

  6. #31
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    33,648.09
    Gender
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 11:36 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Behind Blue Eyes
    Threads
    222
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    EXACTLY! The line is all in your head. It's like who owns Roger and Jessica Rabbit, Disney or Warner Brothers? Disney released the Miyazaki films in this country

    And Tangled was given anime features for the characters.





    Is "Kingdom Hearts" anime? If not, why not since that's the Final Fantasy cast int here. If so, what about all those Disney characters running around the place? Sora is a Disney original... yet he appears to be an anime character. Along with his friends.







     
    http://www.anime42.com/Misc/Every_Anime_Character.jpg (Full Sized)
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-17-2013 at 06:14 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.


    Author of "How to Be an Anime Character" available from Amazon.com

  7. #32
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    1,000,758,022.29
    Gender
    Gifts Cookie Wolf Cake
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 07:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    27
    Threads
    337
    Posts
    14,407
    Blog Entries
    839
    AW Wallpapers
    26
    Rep Power
    10157
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    Warner brothers
    No, she was given the standard Disney eyes, just in 3D
    Again, a collaboration between a Japanese and English developers.

    And the point I was making is just because "they got the idea from X" doesnt mean anything. Half of Disneys movies are based on childrens stories from OTHER countries, but its produced, written [for movie format with adaptions] and developed by Disney.

    Cinderella? French
    Bell too...in fact, the movie is based in France
    Hunchback? Also French
    Mulan? Chinese
    Alice? British
    The Black Couldron? Welsh
    Little Mermaid? Danish

  8. #33
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    33,648.09
    Gender
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 11:36 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Behind Blue Eyes
    Threads
    222
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    One day Disney will make a Japanese princess... or have they already and I am just forgetting? I think they still need Russia (Anastasia wasn't them) and Japan...
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.


    Author of "How to Be an Anime Character" available from Amazon.com

  9. #34
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    1,000,758,022.29
    Gender
    Gifts Cookie Wolf Cake
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 07:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    27
    Threads
    337
    Posts
    14,407
    Blog Entries
    839
    AW Wallpapers
    26
    Rep Power
    10157
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    Disney said Rapunzel would be their last princess. But then they did Merida....

  10. #35
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    33,648.09
    Gender
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 11:36 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Behind Blue Eyes
    Threads
    222
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    They also said the Frog Princess would be their first black one and forgot Atlantis
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.


    Author of "How to Be an Anime Character" available from Amazon.com

  11. #36
    Keeping Score Without The Music Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    118,584.63
    Gender
    Gifts Watermelon Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2014 08:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    416
    Posts
    7,539
    Blog Entries
    98
    Rep Power
    8000
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    EXACTLY! The line is all in your head. It's like who owns Roger and Jessica Rabbit, Disney or Warner Brothers? Disney released the Miyazaki films in this country

    And Tangled was given anime features for the characters.







    Is "Kingdom Hearts" anime? If not, why not since that's the Final Fantasy cast int here. If so, what about all those Disney characters running around the place? Sora is a Disney original... yet he appears to be an anime character. Along with his friends.







     
    http://www.anime42.com/Misc/Every_Anime_Character.jpg (Full Sized)
    Nappa: Vegeta! How many times will Maru and AF need to repeat themselves and help stop Clayton from asking the same questions?

    Vegeta: OVER 9000!

    Nappa: What 9000!? Is he ever going to learn?
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Alice Carroll reading articles on Anime Globe~


  12. Likes Ωmega liked this post
  13. #37
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    1,000,758,022.29
    Gender
    Gifts Cookie Wolf Cake
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 07:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    27
    Threads
    337
    Posts
    14,407
    Blog Entries
    839
    AW Wallpapers
    26
    Rep Power
    10157
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    They also said the Frog Princess would be their first black one and forgot Atlantis
    ...because Kida wasnt black?

  14. #38
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    33,648.09
    Gender
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 11:36 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Behind Blue Eyes
    Threads
    222
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    She was from Africa..l. or there abouts.

    Also turns out Ben Dunn was Taiawanese

    As for My Anime List.net.... look here

    http://myanimelist.net/anime/1292/Afro_Samurai
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.


    Author of "How to Be an Anime Character" available from Amazon.com

  15. #39
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    1,000,758,022.29
    Gender
    Gifts Cookie Wolf Cake
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 07:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    27
    Threads
    337
    Posts
    14,407
    Blog Entries
    839
    AW Wallpapers
    26
    Rep Power
    10157
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    She was from Africa..l. or there abouts.

    Also turns out Ben Dunn was Taiawanese

    As for My Anime List.net.... look here

    http://myanimelist.net/anime/1292/Afro_Samurai
    She was Atlantian. Most people peg Atlantis to have been around places like: Egypt, Greece, Italy, etc.

    Also, Afro Samurai was based on a *manga* and made into an *anime* that was dubbed by Samuel L Jackson.

  16. #40
    Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+'s Avatar
    Gil
    11,188,079,314.75
    Gender
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2014 04:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Teikō Junior High
    Threads
    465
    Posts
    9,265
    Blog Entries
    80
    Rep Power
    6326
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: SalamanderKnight Steam ID: Kaitou-Kid

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    Lol, what's going on here?

    big thread drift?

  17. #41
    Keeping Score Without The Music Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    118,584.63
    Gender
    Gifts Watermelon Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2014 08:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    416
    Posts
    7,539
    Blog Entries
    98
    Rep Power
    8000
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    Lol, what's going on here?

    big thread drift?
    Somebody believes MLP and live action Transformers is anime.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Alice Carroll reading articles on Anime Globe~


  18. #42
    Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+'s Avatar
    Gil
    11,188,079,314.75
    Gender
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2014 04:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Teikō Junior High
    Threads
    465
    Posts
    9,265
    Blog Entries
    80
    Rep Power
    6326
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: SalamanderKnight Steam ID: Kaitou-Kid

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anime Forum View Post
    Somebody believes MLP and live action Transformers is anime.
    Live Action movies are anime now? LOL

  19. Likes Yoko Littner, Ωmega liked this post
  20. #43
    Junior Member kirito272 is on a distinguished road kirito272's Avatar
    Gil
    364.20
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2013 01:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Threads
    0
    Posts
    21
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    anime-japanese animation

    well america sucks' with shows so yeah

  21. #44
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    1,000,758,022.29
    Gender
    Gifts Cookie Wolf Cake
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 07:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    27
    Threads
    337
    Posts
    14,407
    Blog Entries
    839
    AW Wallpapers
    26
    Rep Power
    10157
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    Quote Originally Posted by kirito272 View Post
    anime-japanese animation

    well america sucks' with shows so yeah
    Powerpuff girls, MLP:FIM, Adventure Time, Ren and Stimpy, Rockos Modern Life...theyre all *terrible* shows [/sarcasm]

    Edit- Dude, you just posted in the My Litle Pony thread talking about your favorite ponies. How can you turn around and then call it crap?? Cause its an American show o__O
    Last edited by Ωmega; 06-19-2013 at 10:03 PM.

  22. #45
    Junior Member kirito272 is on a distinguished road kirito272's Avatar
    Gil
    364.20
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2013 01:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Threads
    0
    Posts
    21
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    Powerpuff girls, MLP:FIM, Adventure Time, Ren and Stimpy, Rockos Modern Life...theyre all *terrible* shows [/sarcasm]
    yes they are

  23. #46
    Keeping Score Without The Music Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    118,584.63
    Gender
    Gifts Watermelon Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2014 08:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    416
    Posts
    7,539
    Blog Entries
    98
    Rep Power
    8000
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    Quote Originally Posted by kirito272 View Post
    anime-japanese animation

    well america sucks' with shows so yeah
    I disagree. Japan IMO has stronger animation, but that doesn't mean American animation sucks.

    ---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    Live Action movies are anime now? LOL

    In this thread, yes.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Alice Carroll reading articles on Anime Globe~


  24. #47
    Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    14,431.34
    Gender
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2014 05:35 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Threads
    5
    Posts
    767
    Rep Power
    231
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lots of bits PSN ID: rf_switch Steam ID: lotsofbits

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    Just about every Japanese person I went to school with refered to all animation as "anime".. Even Disney Movies.

    Same with Manga and Comics. Spiderman was Manga to them.

    ---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    Nope, because it was simply outsourced by Americans to make production costs cheaper.

    Who writes the show? Who directs it? Who decides what happens in the show?? What language is the show written for?? Thats what you need to look up. If all or most of those are "Japan" then its anime. If all or most of those are- America, Italy, Canada, Germany, etc then its that countries cartoon. People outsource things to other, cheaper, countries all the time.

    Ok, let me ask you this-
    What company is Apple? American? Chinese? Japanese? German?
    So if a Westerner living in Japan directs an Anime that was based off a Western tale (like Animes sometimes are) and he has a Japanese studio do the animation. It doesn't get outsourced to Korea or where ever is it still Anime?

    Sort of along these lines, is Knack a Japanese Video game? It's director is Mark Cerny, but he's living in Japan and SCEJ is doing it and it looks very Western and Pixar like.
    Last edited by rf switch; 06-20-2013 at 07:18 PM.

  25. #48
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    1,000,758,022.29
    Gender
    Gifts Cookie Wolf Cake
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 07:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    27
    Threads
    337
    Posts
    14,407
    Blog Entries
    839
    AW Wallpapers
    26
    Rep Power
    10157
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    Quote Originally Posted by rf switch View Post
    Just about every Japanese person I went to school with refered to all animation as "anime".. Even Disney Movies.

    Same with Manga and Comics. Spiderman was Manga to them.

    ---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------


    So if a Westerner living in Japan directs an Anime that was based off a Western tale (like Animes sometimes are) and he has a Japanese studio do the animation. It doesn't get outsourced to Korea or where ever is it still Anime?
    Again, it becomes a collaboration.

  26. #49
    Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    14,431.34
    Gender
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2014 05:35 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Threads
    5
    Posts
    767
    Rep Power
    231
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lots of bits PSN ID: rf_switch Steam ID: lotsofbits

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    Again, it becomes a collaboration.
    So if a Western Animation Director happens to get hired at Studio Ghibli or Toei and does something it's never going to be "Anime"? Just a collaboration?

  27. #50
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    1,000,758,022.29
    Gender
    Gifts Cookie Wolf Cake
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 07:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    27
    Threads
    337
    Posts
    14,407
    Blog Entries
    839
    AW Wallpapers
    26
    Rep Power
    10157
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

    Default Re: The old Argument: What defines what anime is?

    Quote Originally Posted by rf switch View Post
    So if a Western Animation Director happens to get hired at Studio Ghibli or Toei and does something it's never going to be "Anime"? Just a collaboration?
    No, because its Studio Ghibli. Unless hes *directing* it it really doesnt matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 03:20 AM
  2. Which game defines your childhood gaming experience?
    By Lordwindowlicker in forum Video Games
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 03:29 AM
  3. Chow hall argument.
    By Broly3k8 in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 08:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts