AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nintendo WiiU Discussion

Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2015 11:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SalamanderKnight Steam ID: Kaitou-Kid

Default Nintendo WiiU Discussion

Well, the Xbox and the PS4 got fresh new threads so might as well have a fresh one for the WiiU as well.

So I'll start by posting this:
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/13/442...e-better-games

So even they are worried, it seems.

But they really put devs in their place. I mean, the most that complained were EA and THQ because they kept making rehash of mediocre games.
    Last edited by Kaitou+; 06-13-2013 at 07:50 PM.

YT: | GameEmpireHD | KaitouVG | ShonenGameZ |
    Co-Founder of ShonenGameZ.com | Scan Translations & More!

| PSN: SalamanderKnight | NNID: GameEmpireHD (US) KaitouVG (JP) |
    | Steam: Kaitou-Kid | Origin: GameEmpireHD |
    | 3DS FC: 5258 - 0235 - 2295 |

It's super effective! .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Ice Cream Laptop 255 - Torchic
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2014 06:53 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Nintendo WiiU Discussion

I think Nintendo have the right idea. It's about time game publishers stopped trying to have their cake and eat it by whinging about the trivial losses they make from used games sales and actually started competing by making better games for a change. Fact of the matter is, people hold on to Nintendo games more than games made by other publishers (because the latter aren't really designed to last, hence the fact that they come with DRM shackles). Case in point: I have a Gamecube with 20+ Nintendo titles that I do not intend to sell--EVER!
    Last edited by .:neuko:.; 06-18-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Beautiful giftie by Daken!
    *^*

Neuko the Butterfly Dango
    Member of Karami's Big Dango Family!
    Want in? Just poke me for a direct link!

Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Zelda: Wind Waker HD can’t use any dungeons that were missing in the original version. That’s because they were used in future Zeldas – likely Twilight Princess and/or Skyward Sword.

Aonuma talked about Wind Waker’s cut dungeons and the decision to avoid adding new ones in the HD re-release in an interview with Eurogamer:

“Quite honestly, those dungeons we removed we used in other games, so we can’t use them in this version!”

“I’ve received many questions about additional content beyond what was in the GameCube version of the game, but our desire is to stay true of the story that was in the original. If we add dungeons then that will affect other parts of the GameCube version, which we really want to stay true to. If it felt like there were maybe too few dungeons then I feel that what was wrong with the GameCube version was the pacing. It was thrown off because it took longer to get to certain dungeons. There was a waiting period, and then when you arrived there the experience maybe didn’t feel as big, as you’d waited so long to get there. We’re tuning the game to alleviate all that. The pacing should feel appropriate to the overall experience this time… We need to tighten those [gaps] and make the overall experience and story feel tighter.”

Unfortunately, Aonuma couldn’t reveal which dungeons were cut in Wind Waker and used in other Zeldas.
    This sucks. =\ Still diggin it though.

AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2015 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

I've yet to purchase this system since the games on the system appear very lackluster at the moment. NG Razor's Edge is a nice touch though.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!

~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2015 10:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

They make a valid point. Theres been very few Nintendo games Ive returned, all of them 3rd party games. Which really has only been like...3 games. Otherwise I keep all my Nintendo games.
    "Hardcore" gamers go on about Nintendo being 'kiddy' games, but theyre still fun as hell to play. When I lost my N64 I downloaded Mario 64 immediately on my Wii and played the bajeezes out of it for the millionth time. Theres only a handful of games I do that for, and aside from Fatal Frame and Persona, the other games are all Nintendo games.

Gil
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    They make a valid point. Theres been very few Nintendo games Ive returned, all of them 3rd party games. Which really has only been like...3 games. Otherwise I keep all my Nintendo games.
    "Hardcore" gamers go on about Nintendo being 'kiddy' games, but theyre still fun as hell to play. When I lost my N64 I downloaded Mario 64 immediately on my Wii and played the bajeezes out of it for the millionth time. Theres only a handful of games I do that for, and aside from Fatal Frame and Persona, the other games are all Nintendo games.
    I dunno, I don't feel like trading Nintendo Games not only cause they are good (I don't touch Brawl nor MKWii tho) but I feel it's good to have it in my collection. I feel a lot better of having an original copy of Brawl than Killzone or Gears.

I'm glad Namco Bandai took part of Smash 4 though, and the game looks a lot more fluid too with the usual casual stuff like items .

The funny thing is that THQ and EA were the ones always complaining and they were the ones that released rehash of bad games. THQ with WWE and EA with Madden.

I don't think it's about making "better games" either, cause sometimes some games are really good but it gets repetitive after the 3-4 time. I enjoyed replaying GOW3 4 times but then I just dropped it cause it got boring the 5th time and I still haven't played it since then....it's still a good game though. I think this is one of the reasons Devs are trying to implement MP because in some cases, they add replay value to the game.

What I don't agree with Nintendo is that (I think) they don't support DLC, and I don't mean the Capcom type but the DLC that actually adds value like characters and such. DLC could've worked with Brawl tbh and I really hope Smash 4 has DLC.
    Last edited by Kaitou+; 06-13-2013 at 07:54 PM.

AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2015 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    I dunno, I don't feel like trading Nintendo Games not only cause they are good (I don't touch Brawl nor MKWii tho) but I feel it's good to have it in my collection.

I'm glad Namco Bandai took part of Smash 4 though, and the game looks a lot more fluid too with the usual casual stuff like items .

Especially with Megaman and AC Villager confirmed.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!

~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2015 10:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    I dunno, I don't feel like trading Nintendo Games not only cause they are good (I don't touch Brawl nor MKWii tho) but I feel it's good to have it in my collection. I feel a lot better of having an original copy of Brawl than Killzone or Gears.

The funny thing is that THQ and EA were the ones always complaining and they were the ones that released rehash of bad games. THQ with WWE and EA with Madden.

I don't think it's about making "better games" either, cause sometimes some games are really good but it gets repetitive after the 3-4 time. I enjoyed replaying GOW3 4 times but then I just dropped it cause it got boring the 5th time and I still haven't played it since then....it's still a good game though. I think this is one of the reasons Devs are trying to implement MP because in some cases, they add replay value to the game.

What I don't agree with Nintendo is that (I think) they don't support DLC, and I don't mean the Capcom type but the DLC that actually adds value like characters and such. DLC could've worked with Brawl tbh and I really hope Smash 4 has DLC.
    Im fine with not having DLC that I have to pay extra for. Nintendo tends to do a bunch of unlockables, to which you have to meet certain standards to get those items, which makes the games more challenging imo

Gil
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    Im fine with not having DLC that I have to pay extra for. Nintendo tends to do a bunch of unlockables, to which you have to meet certain standards to get those items, which makes the games more challenging imo
    There's always characters they can add along the way though.

I mean, I think they are slowing getting into the idea though with that New Super Luigi Bros DLC. Which is a good thing, it kinda adds value to the game.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

___
    Hideki Kamiya Interested in Star Fox, Murasame Jō Franchises

The Wonderful 101 director would like to develop for two dormant Nintendo franchises.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34642

神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya ‏@PG_kamiya
    RT @nintendo _NWR kamiya is interested in doing Star Fox & Murasame Jō, but Nintendo will have to make the 1st move http://ninwr.com/34642

---------- Post added 06-14-2013 at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-13-2013 at 09:41 PM ----------

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information