AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 202

Thread: Anime Discussion Thread

  1. #101
    Senior Member Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas's Avatar
    Gil
    2,872.67
    Gender
    Gifts Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 05:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Age
    18
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    No offense, but your average is low compared to most averages. Do you rate on my anime list?
    Yeah I do rate on there.

    MAL's scoring system has 5 as the average so that's what I use, I think that should be the average anyway though. I see most people using 7 or 8 as average and that seems way too high to me, maybe 6 at most.

    10 - Masterpiece
    9 - Great
    8 - Very Good
    7 - Good
    6 - Fine
    5 - Average
    4 - Bad
    3 - Very Bad
    2 - Horrible
    1 - Appalling
    Last edited by Matas; 08-19-2013 at 01:20 AM.

  2. #102
    Keeping Score Without The Music Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    118,705.51
    Gender
    Gifts Watermelon Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 09:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    416
    Posts
    7,548
    Blog Entries
    98
    Rep Power
    8000
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Matas View Post
    Yeah I do rate on there.

    MAL's scoring system has 5 as the average so that's what I use, I think that should be the average anyway though. I see most people using 7 or 8 as average and that seems way too high to me, maybe 6 at most.

    10 - Masterpiece
    9 - Great
    8 - Very Good
    7 - Good
    6 - Fine
    5 - Average
    4 - Bad
    3 - Very Bad
    2 - Horrible
    1 - Appalling
    I always felt a five which could be considered a 50% was sorta low. Everyone judges different which is understandable, but something that gets five stars out ten just comes off as on the lower side.
    Last edited by Yoko Littner; 08-19-2013 at 01:31 AM.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Alice Carroll reading articles on Anime Globe~


  3. #103
    Senior Member Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris's Avatar
    Gil
    94,114.64
    Gender
    My Mood
    Bookworm
    Gifts Cheese
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2014 08:29 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    20
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    206
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Tragic Melody

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    ^To add on, I grew up being told anything below 70% isn't good. A 'C' in school is just satisfactory (another word for average), which was 70%. I don't pay attention to MAL's labels for the rating numbers.

    My Anime List
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕


  4. #104
    Senior Member Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas's Avatar
    Gil
    2,872.67
    Gender
    Gifts Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 05:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Age
    18
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    I use the 10 point rating system so I am going to use every point, if I used 7 or 6 as my average then everything I considered decent to good would be too clumped in the same scores and bad would be too spread out so it would be hard to use every score efficiently, this way it's perfectly balanced imo.

    If 7 were my average then...

    10 Masterpiece
    9 Very good
    8 Good
    7 Average

    Not enough in-between imo, it also seems like things I think are terrible could be rated too high this way. Or a 10/10 masterpiece could be only 2 points higher then something that's just "good". Etc.
    Last edited by Matas; 08-19-2013 at 01:50 AM.

  5. #105
    Keeping Score Without The Music Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    118,705.51
    Gender
    Gifts Watermelon Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 09:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    416
    Posts
    7,548
    Blog Entries
    98
    Rep Power
    8000
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Matas View Post
    I use the 10 point rating system so I am going to use every point, if I used 7 or 6 as my average then everything I considered decent to good would be too clumped in the same scores and bad would be too spread out so it would be hard to use every score efficiently, this way it's perfectly balanced imo.

    If 7 were my average then...

    10 Masterpiece
    9 Very good
    8 Good
    7 Average

    Not enough in-between imo.
    I always felt the my anime list way of rating was unusual. Some people would agree with you of course, but a 50% is a F where I live.

    It should honestly be:

    10) Masterpiece
    9) Great
    8) Good
    7) Average
    6) Below Average
    5) Bad
    4) Very Bad
    3) Terrible
    2) Appalling
    1) Unwatchable

    Once you hit below 60%-70%, it just feels sorta low. Though, my opinion.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Alice Carroll reading articles on Anime Globe~


  6. #106
    Senior Member Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas's Avatar
    Gil
    2,872.67
    Gender
    Gifts Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 05:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Age
    18
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    I always felt the my anime list way of rating was unusual. Some people would agree with you of course, but a 50% is a F where I live.

    It should honestly be:

    10) Masterpiece
    9) Great
    8) Good
    7) Average
    6) Below Average
    5) Bad
    4) Very Bad
    3) Terrible
    2) Appalling
    1) Unwatchable

    Once you hit below 60%-70%, it just feels sorta low. Though, my opinion.
    I think average should be right in the middle, so I really see 5.5 as the average.

    I don't think a 10/10 should be only 3 points above average, I don't really agree with giving very many 10/10s though. Just doesn't say much about your favorite shows/ones you consider the best.

  7. #107
    Keeping Score Without The Music Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    118,705.51
    Gender
    Gifts Watermelon Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 09:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    416
    Posts
    7,548
    Blog Entries
    98
    Rep Power
    8000
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Matas View Post
    I think average should be right in the middle, so I really see 5.5 as the average.

    I don't think a 10/10 should be only 3 points above average, I don't really agree with giving very many 10/10s though. Just doesn't say much about your favorite shows/ones you consider the best.
    I usually give an anime a 10/10 if I feel my entertainment I got out of it was flawless and I liked it completely. I can be a critic at times, but I like to give show ratings on what I think they deserve and ignoring my favorite list. If there was a 11/10 placed for favorites that would be awesome. It would make little sense obviously though xD.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Alice Carroll reading articles on Anime Globe~


  8. #108
    Senior Member Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas's Avatar
    Gil
    2,872.67
    Gender
    Gifts Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 05:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Age
    18
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    I usually give an anime a 10/10 if I feel my entertainment I got out of it was flawless and I liked it completely. I can be a critic at times, but I like to give show ratings on what I think they deserve and ignoring my favorite list. If there was a 11/10 placed for favorites that would be awesome. It would make little sense obviously though xD.
    I rate based on how I felt the quality of the story, characters, etc are and not just entertainment (though I do of course factor that in). I even give shows I hated high scores if I thought they are really good but just not my thing. I think you can hate something and still think it's good and vice-versa.
    Last edited by Matas; 08-19-2013 at 02:29 AM.

  9. #109
    Senior Member Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris's Avatar
    Gil
    94,114.64
    Gender
    My Mood
    Bookworm
    Gifts Cheese
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2014 08:29 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    20
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    206
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Tragic Melody

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Matas View Post
    I rate based on how I felt the quality of the story, characters, etc are and not just entertainment (though I do of course factor that in). I even give shows I hated high scores if I thought they are really good but just not my thing. I think you can hate something and still think it's good and vice-versa.
    Quoted for truth. Btw, your average rating on MAL is 3.01 below global average... That's just seems crazy, being so far from an average person's opinion.

    Stepping away from actual numerical ratings, I rate for enjoyment first, quality second. If the enjoyment was lacking, I think about the show, characters, story, etc, and rate it from there.

    My Anime List
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕


  10. #110
    Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    13,115.74
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    25
    Threads
    54
    Posts
    6,440
    Rep Power
    4944

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    Alright, thanks. Its an anime I heard alot about, but never really got around to watching it. Maybe next week?

    New Rozen Maiden Zuruckspulen episode was good!
    Well it sure is a good anime. It has lots of comedy in it as well, and very emotional at times =(


  11. #111
    Numbah One Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    63,945.25
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2014 05:14 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia, South Australia
    Age
    23
    Threads
    52
    Posts
    3,558
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    1040
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Zainox-

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Matas View Post
    10 - Masterpiece
    9 - Great
    8 - Very Good
    7 - Good
    6 - Fine
    5 - Average
    4 - Bad
    3 - Very Bad
    2 - Horrible
    1 - Appalling

    This is the way I rate mine. If it's out of 10, it seems normal to me that something average (not bad nor good) would be a 5 since it sits in the middle.


    MY BIG AF FAMILY

     
    Coffi - Younger Sister
    Skywen - Fraternal Twin
    horrendous - long-lost half-brothers who ran into each other at walmart and recognized one another from family photos!

    Femme Fatale - Sister
    Kaleohano - Evil Twin
    aether - Weird uncle who makes outrageous claims like "I invented the apostrophe or the toilet"/Forum Bestie
    -Sasuke Uchiha- - Friend/Uchiha Avenger
    FluffyEmjay - Baby Brother


  12. #112
    Beefchasing Santarail! Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    37,948.90
    Gender
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Gifts Teapot One Piece Flag Strawberry
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2014 12:15 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The low lands
    Age
    18
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    981
    Rep Power
    183
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Kakashhii

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    95% of the people on MAL don't pay attention to its rating system. Which is quite understandable.
    But it also depends on how your rate things. I rate the shows i watch on 1 thing only: enjoyment. That way its possible to give 1/10

    If you'd include things like, characters, story, animation, sound, personal enjoyment etc etc etc. Then it would be nearly impossible to give 1/10's.

    I guess people on MAL rate things on personal enjoyment which is why its quite common to see 7.5/10 as a average for alot of people.
    Mine is at this moment ... 6.2 because (like @Matas said) i want to use 1 - 10 to its full potential. I first used 4-10 but that gave to less variation. Personally i'd like to see them put another digit or 2 digits behind the current scoring system. But we all know that won't happen.


    .... But yeah Oreimo specials were terrible. They sticked to the light novel which is a good thing i guess. But this pairing was the least enjoyable for me to watch.

  13. #113
    Senior Member Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas's Avatar
    Gil
    2,872.67
    Gender
    Gifts Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 05:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Age
    18
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HairCutToolForbici View Post
    95% of the people on MAL don't pay attention to its rating system. Which is quite understandable.
    But it also depends on how your rate things. I rate the shows i watch on 1 thing only: enjoyment. That way its possible to give 1/10

    If you'd include things like, characters, story, animation, sound, personal enjoyment etc etc etc. Then it would be nearly impossible to give 1/10's.

    I guess people on MAL rate things on personal enjoyment which is why its quite common to see 7.5/10 as a average for alot of people.
    Mine is at this moment ... 6.2 because (like @Matas said) i want to use 1 - 10 to its full potential. I first used 4-10 but that gave to less variation. Personally i'd like to see them put another digit or 2 digits behind the current scoring system. But we all know that won't happen.


    .... But yeah Oreimo specials were terrible. They sticked to the light novel which is a good thing i guess. But this pairing was the least enjoyable for me to watch.
    It's not hard to give 1/10s rating as such at all. I've given quite a few 1/10s that I think are legitimately justified.

  14. #114
    Keeping Score Without The Music Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    118,705.51
    Gender
    Gifts Watermelon Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 09:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    416
    Posts
    7,548
    Blog Entries
    98
    Rep Power
    8000
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Matas View Post
    It's not hard to give 1/10s rating as such at all. I've given quite a few 1/10s that I think are legitimately justified.
    Only thing I gave a 1/10 was Mars of Destruction.

    ---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by -akichan- View Post
    Well it sure is a good anime. It has lots of comedy in it as well, and very emotional at times =(
    Is it on youtube?
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Alice Carroll reading articles on Anime Globe~


  15. #115
    Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    13,115.74
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    25
    Threads
    54
    Posts
    6,440
    Rep Power
    4944

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    Only thing I gave a 1/10 was Mars of Destruction.

    ---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------



    Is it on youtube?
    No, I watched it on www.animehere.com because it has English subs.


  16. #116
    Keeping Score Without The Music Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    118,705.51
    Gender
    Gifts Watermelon Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 09:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    416
    Posts
    7,548
    Blog Entries
    98
    Rep Power
    8000
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Matas View Post
    It's not hard to give 1/10s rating as such at all. I've given quite a few 1/10s that I think are legitimately justified.
    List some animes you feel are 1/10 worthy. It is obviously your opinion, but I'm interested in seeing what you think deserves a 10%-. Think before my anime list was created and think of giving an anime a 5/10 in a different way. If you get a 50% on a test, did you do good? Getting five out of ten answers correct is way below average in numerous things. Plus, being 3.01 under global average is scary and anything but average.

    If anything, an average grade should be at least raised to a 6/10, though that is still failing in some school systems.

    People will agree with you, but so many people will disagree and being 3.01 under global average is hard to take seriously.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Alice Carroll reading articles on Anime Globe~


  17. #117
    Senior Member Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas's Avatar
    Gil
    2,872.67
    Gender
    Gifts Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 05:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Age
    18
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    List some animes you feel are 1/10 worthy. It is obviously your opinion, but I'm interested in seeing what you think deserves a 10%-. Think before my anime list was created and think of giving an anime a 5/10 in a different way. If you get a 50% on a test, did you do good? Getting five out of ten answers correct is way below average in numerous things. Plus, being 3.01 under global average is scary and anything but average.

    If anything, an average grade should be at least raised to a 6/10, though that is still failing in some school systems.

    People will agree with you, but so many people will disagree and being 3.01 under global average is hard to take seriously.
    I don't think relating it to grades in school is how it should be done, average should be right between bad and good by definition so 5.5 would be my average regardless. I round down because I see average as closer to bad considering it's not anything special and im a harsh rater. It's hard for me to take people seriously whose averages are too high, there should be just as many spectrums of good as there are bad and the higher your average goes the less spectrums of good there are. Same goes with too low, but as close to the middle as possible is perfect.

    To figure out the average for a 1-10 scale you add all the numbers from 1-10 and divide it by 10. That is 5.5. I am okay with 5 or 6 being average, I prefer 5.

    Some anime that deserve 1/10 in my opinion are:
    Mars of Destruction
    Garzey's Wing
    Sword Art Online
    Photokano
    Eiken
    Last edited by Matas; 08-20-2013 at 12:05 AM.

  18. #118
    Keeping Score Without The Music Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    118,705.51
    Gender
    Gifts Watermelon Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 09:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    416
    Posts
    7,548
    Blog Entries
    98
    Rep Power
    8000
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Matas View Post
    I don't think relating it to grades in school is how it should be done, average should be right between bad and good by definition so 5.5 would be my average regardless. I round down because I see average as closer to bad considering it's not anything special and im a harsh rater. It's hard for me to take people seriously whose averages are too high, there should be just as many spectrums of good as there are bad and the higher your average goes the less spectrums of good there are. Same goes with too low, but as close to the middle as possible is perfect.

    To figure out the average for a 1-10 scale you add all the numbers from 1-10 and divide it by 10. That is 5.5. I am okay with 5 or 6 being average, I prefer 5.

    Some anime that deserve 1/10 in my opinion are:
    Mars of Destruction
    Garzey's Wing
    Sword Art Online
    Photokano
    Eiken
    We have a difference of opinion which is obvious, but fine xD. Either way, being 3.01 under average ratings is actually not considered a good thing. It would be considered you are giving troll like ratings or are way too harsh in ratings. I know you aren't trolling, but a lot of people will assume that. Lol, but being that far below the average rating is very.. you know ignore these ratings and move onto the next rater. It might come off as rude, but that is pretty mild jab compared to another website I am on.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Alice Carroll reading articles on Anime Globe~


  19. #119
    Senior Member Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas's Avatar
    Gil
    2,872.67
    Gender
    Gifts Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 05:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Age
    18
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    We have a difference of opinion which is obvious, but fine xD. Either way, being 3.01 under average ratings is actually not considered a good thing. It would be considered you are giving troll like ratings or are way too harsh in ratings. I know you aren't trolling, but a lot of people will assume that. Lol, but being that far below the average rating is very.. you know ignore these ratings and move onto the next rater. It might come off as rude, but that is pretty mild jab compared to another website I am on.
    I disregard peoples ratings whose averages I think are too high in the same way, so I don't care for most peoples rating opinions I suppose. So if 5 is my average and it's 3 points lower than the global average, then that means the global average is 8/10. That is just way too high, I think the majority is wrong. I don't mind not being another sheep in the herd. 5.5/10 being the average of 1-10 is a mathematical fact.
    Also

  20. #120
    Keeping Score Without The Music Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    118,705.51
    Gender
    Gifts Watermelon Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 09:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    416
    Posts
    7,548
    Blog Entries
    98
    Rep Power
    8000
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Matas View Post
    I disregard peoples ratings whose averages I think are too high in the same way, so I don't care for most peoples rating opinions I suppose. So if 5 is my average and it's 3 points lower than the global average, then that means the global average is 8/10. That is just way too high, I think the majority is wrong. I don't mind not being another sheep in the herd. 5.5/10 being the average of 1-10 is a mathematical fact.
    Also
    It may be a mathematical fact, but it being 55% is also a fact. Is it not? I agree some shows get really high ratings for no reason, but being 3.01 under the global average is still extremely bad. You don't need to take offense because talking about anime and debating is why this thread was created. Just don't expect people to take your ratings seriously. Though, you said you don't mind so it doesn't really matter.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Alice Carroll reading articles on Anime Globe~


  21. #121
    Senior Member Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas's Avatar
    Gil
    2,872.67
    Gender
    Gifts Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 05:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Age
    18
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    It may be a mathematical fact, but it being 55% is also a fact. Is it not? I agree some shows get really high ratings for no reason, but being 3.01 under the global average is still extremely bad. You don't need to take offense because talking about anime and debating is why this thread was created. Just don't expect people to take your ratings seriously. Though, you said you don't mind so it doesn't really matter.
    Then yes, 55% is average. I was saying it shouldn't be compared to schoolwork because that is evaluated differently with letter grading systems, they don't have many spectrums for bad and it is all covered by F. It only evaluates if a score passes and on what level it passes or if it fails, and only 1 level of failing. So it's skewed, there's a bunch of other problems with using that system as well. If you do use their system then sure the average anime doesn't fly because the average score out of 100 doesn't fly for them. If you see it as the average score failing an anime then so be it, it's a totally different evaluation.


    I don't see how it is bad when the global average is incorrect. I don't mind not being taken seriously by most for that reason considering I won't take them seriously either.
    Last edited by Matas; 08-20-2013 at 01:19 AM.

  22. #122
    Keeping Score Without The Music Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    118,705.51
    Gender
    Gifts Watermelon Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 09:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    416
    Posts
    7,548
    Blog Entries
    98
    Rep Power
    8000
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Matas View Post
    Then yes, 55% is average. I was saying it shouldn't be compared to schoolwork because that is evaluated differently, they don't have many spectrums for bad and it is all covered by F. It only evaluates if a score passes and on what level it passes or if it fails, and only 1 level of failing. So it's skewed. If you do use their system then sure the average anime doesn't fly because the average score out of 100 doesn't fly for them. If you see it as the average score failing an anime then so be it, it's a totally different evaluation.


    I don't see how it is bad when the global average is incorrect. I don't mind not being taken seriously by most for that reason considering I won't take them seriously either.
    Movies get reviewed out off 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, so yes I believe rating animes by that method is fine. Like I said though, it is clearly opinion and nobody is wrong.

    The global average is incorrect? Maybe in your opinion and maybe the small number of people who agree with the my anime list rating system, but most people like to rate anime on a scale that shows they enjoy what they watch.

    Just remember, not every website uses the 1 - 10 rating system.

    Though, this discussion will probably last another two pages so can we agree to disagree?

    I can't wait to watch the new Watamote! Probably watching it tomorrow.
    Last edited by Yoko Littner; 08-20-2013 at 02:04 AM.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Alice Carroll reading articles on Anime Globe~


  23. #123
    Senior Member Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas's Avatar
    Gil
    2,872.67
    Gender
    Gifts Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 05:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Age
    18
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    Movies get reviewed out off 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, so yes I believe rating animes by that method is fine. Like I said though, it is clearly opinion and nobody is wrong.

    The global average is incorrect? Maybe in your opinion and maybe the small number of people who agree with the my anime list rating system, but most people like to rate anime on a scale that shows they enjoy what they watch.

    Just remember, not every website using the 1 - 10 rating system.

    Though, this discussion will probably last another two pages so can we agree to disagree?
    That system over-generalizes with the symbols and icons (rotten tomato/fresh tomato, letter grading)I can agree with it's 100% rating though without the icons. I'll use school grades as an example, if you say something just got an F then it could be anywhere in-between a large percent difference. Terrible, bad, etc might as well all be the same thing to them, they aren't. It's not just black and white there's shades (ratings) in-between. In a 1-10 rating an average anime should fit the average score of 5.5 by definition:

    av·er·age

    /ˈav(ə)rij/
    Noun
    The result obtained by adding several quantities together and then dividing this total by the number of quantities; the mean.

    Adjective
    Constituting the result obtained by adding together several quantities and then dividing this total by the number of quantities.

    Verb
    Amount to or achieve as an average rate or amount over a period of time: "annual inflation averaged 2.4 percent".

    Synonyms
    noun. mean - medium - mediocrityadjective. mean - ordinary - medium - middling - mediocre - middle


    Average is in the middle, a medium, mediocrity etc. I'm using logic and facts to show why I rate as such. You were telling me that it is bad for my scores to be so low, so of course im going to justify it and say why the opposite is bad. Im going by the definition of average. Even if I was using a system that's not 1-10 the average would still be similar. 1-5 the average is 3, 100% rating the average is 55% etc.

    Had to get that across.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    I can't wait to watch the new Watamote! Probably watching it tomorrow.
    Yeah i'm excited too, about to watch it right now. +_+
    Last edited by Matas; 08-20-2013 at 02:12 AM.

  24. #124
    Keeping Score Without The Music Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    118,705.51
    Gender
    Gifts Watermelon Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 09:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    416
    Posts
    7,548
    Blog Entries
    98
    Rep Power
    8000
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Matas View Post
    That system over-generalizes with the symbols and icons (rotten tomato/fresh tomato, letter grading)I can agree with it's 100% rating though without the icons. I'll use school grades as an example, if you say something just got an F then it could be anywhere in-between a large percent difference. Terrible, bad, etc might as well all be the same thing to them, they aren't. It's not just black and white there's shades (ratings) in-between. In a 1-10 rating an average anime should fit the average score of 5.5 by definition:
    av·er·age

    /ˈav(ə)rij/
    Noun
    The result obtained by adding several quantities together and then dividing this total by the number of quantities; the mean.

    Adjective
    Constituting the result obtained by adding together several quantities and then dividing this total by the number of quantities.

    Verb
    Amount to or achieve as an average rate or amount over a period of time: "annual inflation averaged 2.4 percent".

    Synonyms
    noun. mean - medium - mediocrityadjective. mean - ordinary - medium - middling - mediocre - middle


    Average is in the middle, a medium, mediocrity etc. I'm using logic and facts to show why I rate as such. You were telling me that it is bad for my scores to be so low, so of course im going to justify it and say why the opposite is bad. Im going by the definition of average. Even if I was using a system that's not 1-10 the average would still be similar. 1-5 the average is 3, 100% rating the average is 55% etc.

    Had to get that across.



    Yeah i'm excited too, about to watch it right now. +_+
    I guess agreeing to disagree was not possible. I still disagree on the rating system like many others will. I am probably just not as harsh as a reviewer as you as everyone has a unique style which is fine. I never said to stop rating animes your way, but I won't stop rating animes my way.

    So can we agree to disagree as this is a debate nobody will win?

    New Watamote was eh. Still love the show though!
    Last edited by Yoko Littner; 08-20-2013 at 02:16 AM.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Alice Carroll reading articles on Anime Globe~


  25. #125
    Senior Member Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas has a reputation beyond repute Matas's Avatar
    Gil
    2,872.67
    Gender
    Gifts Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 05:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Age
    18
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post

    New Watamote was eh. Still love the show though!
    The first half was eh, the second was great imo though. Was waiting see the adaption of this chapter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. E3 2012 Discussion Thread
    By Kaitou+ in forum Video Games
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 08:02 PM
  2. [Anime Convention?] MTAC Discussion/Group Thread :D
    By Tigris in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 01:40 PM
  3. DS Discussion Thread
    By Ericgamer1 in forum Video Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 02:38 PM
  4. Wii Discussion Thread
    By Kaitou+ in forum Video Games
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 07:13 PM
  5. Yu-Gi-Oh - Official discussion thread
    By Cless Alvein in forum Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Replies: 304
    Last Post: 01-04-2007, 04:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts