AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (+ Freemium)

Hybrid View

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (+ Freemium)

So appeanrelty there is going to be a free version of this game
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/03...sion-possible/

Here is the model:

$115 in total.

The only good thing about this is that you can pay (or rather NOT pay if the things you like are already free) for what you care about. And it serves as a good demo since you can test the REAL thing and not a thing with potential bugs and what not. You can also play the people with the retail version.

Otherwise, just get the freaking retail version regardless if you like some things or not.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 06-03-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (+ Freemium)

I'm getting this. My Ayane is coming to DOA5 ultimate!
    Btw, is DOA 4 the only DOA without an ultimate version?
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Forum View Post
    I'm getting this. My Ayane is coming to DOA5 ultimate!
    Btw, is DOA 4 the only DOA without an ultimate version?
    Better BUY it and not get this freemium garbage.

Also
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_or_Alive_(series)

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    Better BUY it and not get this freemium garbage.

Also
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_or_Alive_(series)
    Freemium. Rofl. That is for not dedicated DOA players! Amazing series.
    Thanks for link btw.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

If I had a 360/PS3, I'd get the retail version regardless, as I personally prefer to have complete access to all the content per game that I've bought, even if I do end up not using all of it (which happens to be most of the time). Like with Super Smash Bros. Brawl that I bought for my Wii, I play as Kirby 95% of the time--yet I still prefer the option to select any other character at any time if I so desire. Well, it's just nice to have the choice there and then, you know?

That being said, I do approve of the freemium business model that Tecmo seem to have taken up with DOA5U:CF (well, at least the concept), especially the fact that it allows the gamer to play a limited version of the game for free, and optionally, to pay only for the characters they prefer should they wish to expand their gameplay experience. It's a sensible choice for those who want some idea of whether the game is something they'll actually enjoy before committing to buy the full retail version, as well as a neat option for those who'd rather not pay an unnecessary premium for characters they're unlikely to use.

The freemium business model has worked very well with many online games (such as FarmVille), and maybe it's about time the console games industry catched on, because so far the desperate (on-disk) DLC business models employed by some publishers simply aren't sustainable, and may well cause the industry to collaspe. Unlike Capcom, who'd rather force their consumers to initially pay $40-60 per game, then expect them to pay even more for "keys" to unlock so-called "extra content" already on their disks and already paid for, at least Tecmo seem to have grown something of a spine here and accepted the competitive reality of the growing free-to-play market (by actually being competitive).

However, the freemium business model as packaged with DOA5U:CF is not without some personal concerns: one being that if one does buy all the characters separately, they'll have paid around double the cost of the retail version (which presumably includes all the characters); another being that this option could become less attractive over time, as it would undoubtedly lose its value next to the ever-reducible price of a used version of the game, and the existing quote I extracted from Siliconera kinda sums it up...

"What happens when the [used] game becomes 30 dollars? Will they just take away the freemium game because the disc would without a doubt be the better option[?]"
    All the same, and as far as first impressions go, I'm feeling rather optimistic about the direction Tecmo seems to be going with one of its most popular franchises.
    Last edited by .:neuko:.; 06-04-2013 at 01:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information