AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Do you think anime will ever become 'unpopular'?

Senior Member Hiro Of The Dark is on a distinguished road Hiro Of The Dark's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Paper Plane
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2013 08:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Do you think anime will ever become 'unpopular'?

I just wanna know what you guys think about this. What if, like ten years in the future, anime became unpopular. Do you guys think this will ever happen? I personally don't think it will, but it would be nice to hear what you guys think.

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you think anime will ever become 'unpopular'?

Popularity is all a matter of perspective. If you go looking for people who are into anime, you're always going to find someone.
    It's a big thing that won't just die off completely.
    Despite that, anime's popularity is already decreasing. Or has decreased. Its general popularity nowadays is nothing in comparison to how it was five years ago.
    I think there was a big push of popularity, and a lot of people have grown out of it since then.
    Or maybe that's just me.

3. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Senior Member Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Tiger Basketball Black Beauty LesPauls
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2014 08:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't think it will ever become "unpopular". It's simple to proof that. If you don't find anyone around you that is an anime fan or an otaku, just go to a con or anything that is anime related, and you can still see these people around, maybe more crazier than you are. That's why I love going cons. I don't have much friends around me every day that are anime fans, so I might feel a little down in the dumps whenever I think of it, plus most of my friends and including my family don't like anime. So, well, you'll know how I feel. But whenever I go to cons and stuff, the spirit burns again, seeing all the otakus, anime fans gathering around. It's the type of amazing and proud feeling that you're part of it. It's this spirit that never stops anime from dying down.
    May peace bestow this world,
    May our hearts unite.
    Life may not be smooth as pearl,
    But pray for our decisions to be always right.

Life may be hard, it's a big pain in the butt. But hey, who says behind all those pain, can't hide some happiness ?

5. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

First off anime is still only barely mainstream in the US, if that. You do not have to search hard to find someone whose only knowledge of anime is that it has something to do with all that Pokemon stuff.

But otherwise I think anime is an extremely broad term so some aspect of it will retain popularity. I think the only risk would be if Japan starts going the US route and produces live action shows instead of animation. However given what I've seen and heard of Japanese live action I'm not too worried.

Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

Observing where I live (England), it seems that it has actually increased in popularity since the Yugioh Abridged parody made it onto YouTube. The fact that it was able to get one of it's videos on the front page of YouTube proves this.
    Also, turnout at the MCM expo has increased exponentially since I first attended, which is evidence that anime is becoming more well-known in the west (well...in the south of England anyway).
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

Cyber Bully Expert WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Revolver Dice 143 - Snorlax
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2013 12:06 PM
    Threads

Now that the internet is here and you can watch anything whenever you like?

Not likely.

Member HeroValor is on a distinguished road HeroValor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-05-2013 07:08 PM
    Threads

I doubt it, anime is so varied and easily accessible now that it'd be hard for it to lose people interested in it.

If anything the power to find it so easily now will pull in more people.

Cyber Bully Expert WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Revolver Dice 143 - Snorlax
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2013 12:06 PM
    Threads

Not while America keeps churning out 3d easy-to-make edutainment crap.

Senior Member SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Blackjack Death Note Black Cat
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2013 11:22 AM
    Threads

Well, anime as is stands right now really isn't all that popular. At least as far as the mainstream goes. Even the most popular and famous animes such as Naruto and Bleach are really not watched by large numbers of people. They may have heard of it and basically everyone knows what anime is, but there are very few who actually watch it. Anime is rather indie considering it doesn't have a large base of watchers. It's hard to tell on the internet with sites like this, but think about it. How many people outside of the internet do you know enjoy anime and watch more than the typical mainstreams? I only know of two people out of all my aquaintances. I'm sure a lot of you are the same way. So to worry whether anime will become unpopular is a bit redundant considering its limited followers anyway.
    Beautiful sig by Zainny-sempai!

[Insert future roleplays I will be starting in the (hopefully) near future.]
    My stories: |Deadlock|
    I am a hopeless romantic tirelessly searching for my fairy tale ending.

Senior Member GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2018 07:35 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tOSUguy2002

Anime is a niche form of entertainment. Its not even close to mainstream. We are a minority and its not even close.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Unpopular is a term that I disagree with. Underground? Def. Anime is an underground form of entertainment and isn't very mainstream. Though, it most likely isn't going anywhere for ages. It has been around longer than 99% of AF human lifespans, so I'm confident anime will exist.. I mean what purpose will removing anime do?

Plus, even if the creation of anime stops, our past/present anime will always exist.
    Last edited by Anime Forum; 05-21-2013 at 12:56 AM.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member FluffyEmjay has a reputation beyond repute FluffyEmjay has a reputation beyond repute FluffyEmjay has a reputation beyond repute FluffyEmjay has a reputation beyond repute FluffyEmjay has a reputation beyond repute FluffyEmjay has a reputation beyond repute FluffyEmjay has a reputation beyond repute FluffyEmjay has a reputation beyond repute FluffyEmjay has a reputation beyond repute FluffyEmjay has a reputation beyond repute FluffyEmjay has a reputation beyond repute FluffyEmjay's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Gifts Globe Mic Gogos Ball
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2014 08:46 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

NEVER! Long live Anime Gods and Anime Goddesses. *v*
    "Sometimes we keep our feelings to ourself, because we know nobody would ever understand."
    ¡ʍou ǝɯ lǝʞ

FACEBOOK | | TUMBLR | | TWITTER

Senior Member Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2019 09:52 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Kids love cartoons and a lot of the mainstream anime is shown on kids channels. I find that as the child grows older they can choose to get into anime based on the anime that was shown on channels like cartoon network. I also feel that as long as anime is staying current then it will not die out.
    However, if it does become unpopular I do belive that later on into the future it will be popular. I find that media etc work the same as fashion, it gradually changes over time then goes back to the basics.

Closed Thread

Thread Information