AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anybody else think this is probbaly only of the only times 4kids got it right?

Member Hadokant is on a distinguished road Hadokant's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Red Dango Daggers
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 04:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Anybody else think this is probbaly only of the only times 4kids got it right?

Idk i just watched this in english and the voices sound pretty good. Although the script could use some work. Even the theme song is good.

Edit: Derped title meant to say one of the only.

Junior Member Psychospacecow is on a distinguished road Psychospacecow's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2013 08:46 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Anybody else think this is probbaly only of the only times 4kids got it right?

I don't know about that. Yu-Gi-Oh! has a lot of problems crossing seas but I'm glad it was brought over in the first place.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2015 05:50 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Anybody else think this is probbaly only of the only times 4kids got it right?

*Sigh* No. But then I watch these things unedited.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "How to Be an Anime Character" and "Lesbian Fairy Tales" available from Amazon.com

Junior Member Sjin is on a distinguished road Sjin's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 172 - Pichu
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2015 08:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RandoHallan

No, not at all. Unfortunately, 4Kids significantly changed the anime when it was converted from the manga. Now, this isn't unheard of (in fact, its fairly common), but the messages and some of the underlying themes in the manga version of Shaman King where completely shrunk down to be able to be a kid's show. Now this is just my opinion. The show itself isn't necessarily bad but when compared to the manga, its just not the same.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information