AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Dark Sucker Theory

Member Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Bear
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2013 01:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: The Dark Sucker Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    we all see the same colors the same way
    WWWOOOAAAHHH, woah, woah, woah, WOAH. I can point and show you what I'm looking at, but you have no way of knowing that what you're seeing is in fact what I am seeing.

Every seeing one only "knows" what "red" is because as a young thing someone showed them innumerable pictures of things and called the things "red." They only "knew" the things were red because people showed them countless pictures of stuff and told them it was "red."

If somehow you could see through my eyes and brain, you may find that my red looks green to you, and evic avers. On that note, Mantis Shrimp. I give you my word that this is relevant.

Edit: Cool, first post on the second page. =D
    Last edited by Reginalde; 05-05-2013 at 10:28 PM.
    That's what I say, but who am I, anyway?

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by Reginalde View Post
    WWWOOOAAAHHH, woah, woah, woah, WOAH. I can point and show you what I'm looking at, but you have no way of knowing that what you're seeing is in fact what I am seeing.

Every seeing one only "knows" what "red" is because as a young thing someone showed them innumerable pictures of things and called the things "red." They only "knew" the things were red because people showed them countless pictures of stuff and told them it was "red."

If somehow you could see through my eyes and brain, you may find that my red looks green to you, and evic avers. On that note, Mantis Shrimp. I give you my word that this is relevant.

Yes, because about 50% of women can see more shades of red than men can, as Ive stated...I think 3 times already. You should read the -rest- of my posts. Color doesnt exist in just our minds, because other animals will see the same colors if they have the same amount of cones. Some animals have -more- cones, such as in the link you provided to the oatmeal, and therefore can see more ranges of colors we cant. Does that mean they arent there? Of course not, its there, our eyes just arent advanced/equipped to see them.

Colorblind is the lack of cones in the eye, which results in the person perceiving the color in gray or very muted colors. This is the only major difference in how one person sees a color over another.

If I were to post up random color swatches without names everyone would call it the same color, because we SEE the same color. If color just excised in our brains then we'd see different colors. Our eyes simply absorb the light and color we see and send it to the brain.

From the TED Education...not some guy with a youtube channel who goes on a physiological bit on color

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Senior Member Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Dice D8
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2013 11:26 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: someone1489

Quote Originally Posted by Reginalde View Post

On a side note, no one said (with certainty) that we all see the same colors, but simply that we all see colors in the same way (i.e. using the same method). From this, we can certainly conjecture (generally) that we see the same colors (this is a logical conclusion even if I can't prove that what you and I see is identical). This, of course, is not true when your eyes are dysfunctional or nonfunctional.

When faced with an existence so great, one becomes blind to everything and experiences only fear...

人は平等ではない。不平等は悪ではない。平等は悪だ。そう、人は差別されるためにある。だからこそ人は争い 、競い合い、そこに進歩が生まれる。 

4. Likes Ωmega liked this post
    Cyber Bully Expert WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Revolver Dice 143 - Snorlax
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2013 12:06 PM
    Threads

Also, the Dark Suckers would be a great name for an industrial indy band.

6. Likes Ωmega liked this post
    Member Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde has a reputation beyond repute Reginalde's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Bear
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2013 01:28 PM
    Threads

Shame. All of the shame is on me. Slimy, frictious shame. Spatting onto my face after being thrown into the wind by my own arm and hand, the shame stings and paralyzes.
    I will choose my words more carefully in the future.

PS. I feel like a butt.
    That's what I say, but who am I, anyway?

Closed Thread

Thread Information