AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Anime] Ai Mai Mi (2013)

Member FreakyTy has a spectacular aura about FreakyTy has a spectacular aura about FreakyTy has a spectacular aura about FreakyTy's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts K-on Pick
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2013 02:46 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bokko The Bunny

Default [Anime] Ai Mai Mi (2013)

Ai Mai Mi, is a show that is apparently about three girls (Can you guess their names?) who are trying to make a manga together with no real knowledge of how to do so. At least that's what all the other synopsis' say. What it's really about is a whole lot of nothing. You heard me right absolutely nothing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	45306.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	75760

Story: 2

I actually think I'm being generous here. In all actuality there really is no coherent story past the first episode. Everything after is a train wreck of randomness with barely any sense being made throughout the entire running time of about three minutes, which is actually two given the intro and the outro of each episode which are all nearly the same. The only reason I gave this a two is because I felt that if it actually kept itself on an actual plotline than there might have been substance to the show.

Character: 2

Your typical everyday characters mixed with some more dull. Every character is completely flat with virtually no substance. I understand this is supposed to be a comedy/gag anime, but there is a line even for the most standard of the genre that they couldn't even meet. None of them even stand out from the others. Given its short run time per episode I can't blame them for having no character development; however this is just annoying.

Art: 5

I can't really judge the art of the show very well due to the fact that there isn't much to base it off of. It has its own style (Or at least one I have yet to see before) that radiates weird which given the context of the show isn't necessarily a bad thing. The animation felt average at best, and the designs of the characters are pretty standard as well. There's not really anything wrong with it I just think it could have been better.

Sound: 5

Again I don't have much room to judge this aspect of the show due to the low number of subs I have actually watched, but with what I have seen I can tell there's really nothing special here as far as voice acting goes. The music from what I recall is virtually nonexistent outside of the OP and ED so don't expect much from there either.

*In my personal opinion I find the voices to be a bit annoying, but that might just be me.

Enjoyment: 3.5

It's really hard to say. Maybe I just didn't get a lot of the jokes because they pertain to something in Japanese culture that I am simply unaware of; or maybe they are just what they seem like, shallow and random. Whatever the case may be I found myself laughing only minimally with this show. I don't feel I wasted my time because the episodes were so short, but I can't really say I enjoyed it that much either. There have definitely been worse experiences than that of Ai Mai Mi, but this is not very high on the ladder itself.

Overall: 3

There's not much more to say. This show is short which may be one of the reasons it failed to impress me. There's not much to it other than random short skits that may or may not be funny depending on who you are, and besides that everything else is average at best. There have been worse; however this might be for you; it's not for me to say though. If you think you might like it than give it a whirl. Hell you can watch the entire thing in about the same time it takes to watch two episodes of anything else so it can't hurt to try, eh?

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Anime] Ai Mai Mi (2013)

Quote Originally Posted by GintokiSakata View Post
    You're trolling. Ai Mai Mi is definitely a 10/10
    I sorta agree, but not to the extent you said. I mean, what did you expect.. and why try it if you dislike short animes! Its your review by the way, and I enjoyed the read, but disagree with it. Comparing it to other short skits, the anime is okay, but not on level with Aiura. If we compare this to long animes, then yeah it doesn't hold its own.

Nice review though!
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Junior Member Tknight99 is on a distinguished road Tknight99's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2013 01:01 AM
    Threads

Default Re: [Anime] Ai Mai Mi (2013)

I've recently started watching random short series, most of them you can get at least a chuckle out of each episode or get started on a short yet sweet story, but this show...not sure what the aim of it was. The sense of humor seemed really off to me, not to mention the licking/puking scenes in the begining of each ep always weirded me out >_<

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information