AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Thread: Official Xbox One Discussion Thread

Threaded View

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Official Xbox One Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post

I actually find it the opposite, in that I currently prefer the lineup of games the PS4 has; there aren't any console exclusives the XB1 has that I want. A lot can change in some months though, and maybe Microsoft will pull its arse out its little hole and show out a few games that I'd be interested in, but with confirmation that there's going to be no PGR5 and no Blur 2, so far that seems unlikely.

I actually don't like the 360, you know. When faced with the console choice of PS3 vs 360 at the time I got one (roughly 3 years ago), it boiled down to three things:

1) the price
    2) people I knew who used them
    3) the games and controller

I chose the 360 because, whilst the PS3 had a few games that I wanted to play (the Motorstorm series), the majority of people I knew were on 360 and the 360 pad I still believe is better than the PS3's pad. Also, at the time the PS3 was almost twice the cost of a 360, taking into account the free 3-months gold membership I received at the time.

This time around, because I've been on that platform for several years, I've obtained a big of a hefty friends list ... but even with that, I'm attempting to remain unbiased. Yes, some of my friends are migrating to PS4 because of this stuff, and that in itself will partially influence my opinion because I don't want to be stuck playing with randoms for the next year, but the same beliefs that caused me to purchase a 360 still apply to this era of games consoles. This time, contrastingly, the PS4 is both cheaper than the XB1, and presently has what I see as the better launch setup in terms of games. What XB1 has going for it is that currently most of my friends haven't made a decision on what console to get so it's likely most will stick with it simply because they're already using Xbox Live. Also, the XB1 controller I will admit does genuinely look better than the PS4's, and reports from my friend attending E3 (the guy who has already pre-ordered a PS4), admitted that Sony's controller sort of sucks, and has already started making the runs in terms of recommendations for third-party controllers (such as that Madcatz PS3 controller with the interchangeable parts), because even despite the console preference he still agrees that Microsoft's controller is the better one.

So, Sony has the better games line-up and cost.
    Whereas Microsoft has the better controller, and the advantage of 'customer loyalty'.

You can see now why I'm staying relatively neutral on the matter; there are pros and cons either way ... not simply in terms of technological aspects and limitations, but also with the social concept which is probably what Microsoft are going on at the moment in order to maintain a userbase. By that I mean it's likely they'll keep most of their current users simply because of the social problem - that users won't switch unless their friends do, which results in a nice little catch-22 where nobody does anything and Microsoft ends up keeping the users. All I can do is ask my friends to consider either choice in the hopes of breaking this stalemate, as I don't want to be forced onto a system simply because 'most of my friends won't unless other friends do'.

tl;dr, I'm going to go make some nachos.
    Social aspect is part why I am getting a PS4.

Most of my friends are getting a PS4 (or both but mostly play on PS4) because and not to be thought as any shots to anybody, but we don't like bend over and take it from MS. I know joke is getting old but that's the truth. I mean I know entire forums or 90% of a forum that aren't gonna get the Xbox One. I think like 90-95% of the Gaming section of Naruto Forums gonna get a PS4 and not an Xbox One. And like I said, while these practices may not affect us, it's still wrong so we refused to support it.

I'm not getting an Xbox because I can't afford it, like I said, I am voting against it with my wallet. (Cause you know, if I buy it for the games, it will still go as me supporting the entire thing in MS's eyes) That's just me I guess.

I mean with LIVE, you gotta pay to use EVERYTHING as for PSN+ you only play for Online + and you get free games. (And the things that should be free, they are free).

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zainox View Post
    Was this legit? When I entered it was normal. :/
    Sorry for late reply, it's obviously a photoshop. xD

I don't see how it can be legit (unless some tempering).
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 06-14-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Thread Information