AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Fighting Style you prefer!

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • MMA

4 14.29%
  • Karate

2 7.14%
  • Aikido

1 3.57%
  • Boxing

1 3.57%
  • Judo

0 0%
  • Wrestling/Sumo

0 0%
  • MuayThai/Kickboxing

2 7.14%
  • Taekwondo

2 7.14%
  • FilipinoMartialArts (FMA-Kali,Eskrima,Arnis)

0 0%
  • Yaw-yan/Capoeira

0 0%
  • Sambo

0 0%
  • Krav Maga

3 10.71%
  • Wing Chun/Kung Fu/Tai Chi

3 10.71%
  • Jiujitsu (any)

4 14.29%
  • Others (Jeet Kune Do, Savate, Hapkido, Ninjutsu, Dim Mak,. Systema, Hisardut, Sari-an, MCMAP, Normal Street Fight)

6 21.43%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fighting Style you prefer!

Senior Member zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2014 06:24 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Fighting Style you prefer!

MARTIAL ARTS ENTHUSIASTS UNITE!

Please feel free to research for the other styles you are not familiar with if you want (if you will compare).
    Vote for the style which you feel is more useful for your personal use basing on your physical capabilities and needs or if given the time what martial arts would you like to study?.. Please state why you chose that art in the comment box and after that you can put 3 more arts you know is effective as well or you feel like learning and interests you and put the reasons why... You can post links of videos or reviews as well...

here's mine:

KRAV MAGA: best art that suits me... "very intense" but fun (not funny) training sessions. As for the reason why this, i want to keep it a secret hehe you can search the net for more info on this one to make things in suspense mode... (ok, a teaser.. It's a combination of other arts(hybrid)for example Muaythai is our base striking system, well atleast in the organization I'm in, not sure bout the others but probably the same as well, this is an agressive type of combat system, it has no rules, it was made during war and for war, way back in Israel by its creator Imi Sde-or Lichtenfeld...
    TIP:
    since this is an art on the rise, many fraud instructors and organizations/dojos popped up especially in the US so please if you are interested in learning this or any other arts as well, you better research the people and organization you will train with.)

honorable mentions: (I want these to be my background or supplementary arts with Krav)

Aikido (tapondo): i really want to learn this officially cause i just had small casual trainings with this art. I want this to be my main grappling art.

Muay-Thai: this is an interesting art for me. I want to learn this as well to improve my striking skills and power further and IMO muay thai fighters/practitioners are very tough (durablity,endurance) and not easily get knocked-out. their conditioning system is great I believe...

Filipino Martial Arts (FMA): It's also a great all around system.

Sari-an: it means Sariling Pamamaraan. I believe this is some sort of a filipino mma... i need to research more about this. It got my interest as well so if someone here can give me enlightenment about this art please do so. I will appreciate it.

what's yours guys?

Introductory Videos:

Mixed Martial Arts:

Karate:

Aikido/Tapondo:

Boxing:

Judo:

Wrestling/Sumo:

MuayThai/Kickboxing:

Taekwondo:

FilipinoMartialArts(Eskrima,Kali,Arnis):

Yaw-Yan(FMA)/Capoiera:

Sambo:

Wingchun/Kungfu/Taichi chuan:

Jiujitsu (any):

Krav Maga:

Others:

Ninjutsu:

Marine Corps Martial Arts (MCMAP/PMCMAP):

JEET KUNE DO:

Hapkido:

Silat:

Savate:

Pankration:

Pradal Serey:

Kalaripayattu:

Kajukenbo:

Keysi Fighting Method:

Filipino Kyusho:

Last edited by zilverkakashi; 05-14-2013 at 01:30 PM.

2. Thanks CapnJack thanked for this post
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Fighting Style you prefer!

My studio teaches a combination of Karate, Taekwondo, and Jiujitsu techniques. So I suppose it would fit under the modern idea of mixed martial arts, because you want to be able to punch and kick, but still need to be able to deal with being grabbed.

However that's mostly for excercise, fun, and generally as a sport. My serious self defense training is with my firearms. Realistically most empty hand techniques are "training to lose".

Though in my current state they think criminals have more of a right to your possession and your body than you do and heavily restricts concealed carry.

So I suppose the situation here is somewhat similar to the oppressive regimes of the past that restricted weapons in Japan, China, and Korea, leading to the need for empty handed techniques as your only chance.

Heartless Angel Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Cake Heart Katana
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2024 01:42 PM
    Threads

I took Karate between grade school and high school and my favorite move is still the same (Kicking the guy in the nuts).
    I can only post one day a week. ...Phooey.

5. Likes Syndicate liked this post
    WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

Krav maga because it's actually useful as opposed to karate for example.

7. Likes Alice Lost liked this post
    Heartless Angel Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Cake Heart Katana
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2024 01:42 PM
    Threads

That sounds super cools!!! ...but I havent heared of it before.

What is it like?
    I can only post one day a week. ...Phooey.

Senior Member Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Playing Cards K-on Pick
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2013 02:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHADOWSNIPES56

I have to say that Jujitsu is the one that seems really awesome. :3

The thing you wished for the most, is something you’ll never get.
    ~Aisaka Taiga

3DS friend code: 3024-5737-8747
    ~Evoke2111~

Senior Member zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yep jiujitsu is awesome as well... for me it is a human chess trying to outwit your opponent...

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

*and hey guys I just added videos of the different styles in my first post of this thread. Hope it will be useful

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Well I did MMA for about two years and Brazilian jujitsu for three. But my prefered method is still ganging up with my buddies Smith and Wesson
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    Well I did MMA for about two years and Brazilian jujitsu for three. But my prefered method is still ganging up with my buddies Smith and Wesson
    That's cool!

Senior Member AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Drill Gurren Dai Gurren Dan K-on Pick
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2017 08:46 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've done brazilian jujitsu, Boxing and kickboxing before and like kickboxing the most out of them. I would like to learn Jeet Kune Do because I like the practical applications that it has in a fight.

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Krav Maga and Weapon based.

Senior Member Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Dice D8
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2013 11:26 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: someone1489

I am learning Tai Chi and Chinese Boxing, but I really enjoy watching Pencak Silat (or any Silat, for that matter).

When faced with an existence so great, one becomes blind to everything and experiences only fear...

人は平等ではない。不平等は悪ではない。平等は悪だ。そう、人は差別されるためにある。だからこそ人は争い 、競い合い、そこに進歩が生まれる。 

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ cast your votes in the poll above... oh i really want to try muay thai and FMA even for 6 months each... and i really want to be an expert in krav maga as my base combat system
    Last edited by zilverkakashi; 04-10-2013 at 01:32 AM.

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Lost View Post
    That sounds super cools!!! ...but I havent heared of it before.

What is it like?
    It´s fast paced action trying to kill/disable your opponent
    Its brutal, flesh of your teeth, pure adrenalin pumping fighting. It doesn´t have rules. There are no competitions. It´s sole use is pure self defence.
    It teaches you to fight not only with your body but also your surroundings. You learn to use knifes, or even household things like pens as weapons.
    Anyway, it trains you to actually protect yourself in any situation

18. Thanks Alice Lost thanked for this post
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
    It´s fast paced action trying to kill/disable your opponent
    Its brutal, flesh of your teeth, pure adrenalin pumping fighting. It doesn´t have rules. There are no competitions. It´s sole use is pure self defence.
    It teaches you to fight not only with your body but also your surroundings. You learn to use knifes, or even household things like pens as weapons.
    Anyway, it trains you to actually protect yourself in any situation
    I have to give Krav Maga credit as one of the few martial arts with a significant empty hand component that emphasizes the use of firearms as the best method of self defense.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    I have to give Krav Maga credit as one of the few martial arts with a significant empty hand component that emphasizes the use of firearms as the best method of self defense.
    agree!

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
    Krav maga because it's actually useful as opposed to karate for example.
    Ever been in a fight before? Ever used krav maga? Do you want to guess what law enforcement agencies, departments, and the US military don't teach?

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

we have to respect all other fighting styles even though we all have different preferences.. it's not about the style but the person who uses it..

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'm not into martial arts, but I did learn Silat before.
    Other than that, I don't have any preference for any martial arts.

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonMoon View Post
    I'm not into martial arts, but I did learn Silat before.
    Other than that, I don't have any preference for any martial arts.
    Cool. So how was the training and how was Silat as a martial art?

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

Silat is included in the OTHERS option of the Poll and other styles/arts that I forgot to include or mention..

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

I am what Bruce Lee was about; use whatever works
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Senior Member Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Tiger Basketball Black Beauty LesPauls
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2014 08:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm learning Chinese wushu, which I guess falls under the category of Kung Fu. I always find it an interesting martial art and one can always change according to the situation. If I have times would like to learn Wing Chun. Silat also looks interesting.
    May peace bestow this world,
    May our hearts unite.
    Life may not be smooth as pearl,
    But pray for our decisions to be always right.

Life may be hard, it's a big pain in the butt. But hey, who says behind all those pain, can't hide some happiness ?

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ParaParaJMo View Post
    I am what Bruce Lee was about; use whatever works
    do you mean jeet kune do? what are the things that work for you if you want to, pls specify...

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Will Phuah View Post
    I'm learning Chinese wushu, which I guess falls under the category of Kung Fu. I always find it an interesting martial art and one can always change according to the situation. If I have times would like to learn Wing Chun. Silat also looks interesting.
    yep you're right Wushu is under kung fu.

28. Likes Watayo_Hirashi liked this post
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Show View Post
    Ever been in a fight before? Ever used krav maga? Do you want to guess what law enforcement agencies, departments, and the US military don't teach?
    I'm curious where you're going with that. My understanding is that the US military teaches combatives, though not much of it, and it especially emphasizes that you ought to be using firearms for fighting (which is, of course, correct and appropriate).

Not sure about our law enforcement agencies, though they do not have much of a reputation for martial arts.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^They don't have the reputation but agencies require them..

Closed Thread

Thread Information