AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: College Experiance?

Member Deviate is infamous around these parts Deviate's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2013 10:55 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fariko Arsenic

Default College Experiance?

Yooooooooooooo! It's been a while since I posted on this here forum. Many of you probably don't know who I am, or care, lol. None the less, I'll update my past couple of months.

Sooooooo.. Let's see here.. I ended up joining a pro team for CoD(Call of Duty). I gained a few sponsors, and I've attended 4 events so far. Winning a fair amount of money, nothing to brag about. Anyways, I'm finishing up my 2nd semester at a community college then plan on transferring to Kennesaw State.

So here is where the topic of this thread comes about. My community college is a 4 year college, but people tell me if I have the chance, I shouldn't miss out on the 'College Experience". So for all who have went, plan too, didn't go, or won't go for own reasons; did you all like it, hate it, regret it, regret not going. etc.?

Also.. Did any of you gorgeous ladies and men attend Dragon Con or AWA? If not do you plan to attend Comic Con New York? Let me know...
    Last edited by Deviate; 09-30-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: College Experiance?

For me college was really awesome. It's an environment where most people are roughly the same and and in the same place in life and they've been torn away from old friends and family. The result is a sort of chemistry where you're free and hanging out with a lot of cool people doing stuff together. It probably helped that I lived on an honors dorm, so they people were kind of like me (aspergers central probably, but as I said it was awesome).

In contrast my wife got an apartment alone and didn't hang out nearly so much as I did with all the guys on my floor, the girls floor above us, and other friends I'd made.

Also community colleges may not position you as strongly as a university. I guess how big a deal that is to you is what the current status of proffessional gaming is like. That's in terms of what you can earn vs what is required, but also how feasable it is to have a long career due to some sort of loss of reflexes, not being as good at the next thing (football players don't have to switch to playing baseball the next year because of a new edition, whereas pro gaming is going to be whatever is hot), or the possibility of injury (which I think would be mostly related to carpal tunnel like things, but I guess you could get in some kind of hand mangling accident).

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

I found out I still have 4 more credits to complete for University so I am doing that and working full time and oh yeah I am living on an on campus apartment because of some people who screwed me over so I am a super senior living on campus.

this sums up my life.

But hey, I have had a great experience thus far. Some really awesome and awful experiences but hey, it's the human element. We got to go through our ruff patches to fully appreciate the greater parts of life.

Member Deviate is infamous around these parts Deviate's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2013 10:55 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fariko Arsenic

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    For me college was really awesome. It's an environment where most people are roughly the same and and in the same place in life and they've been torn away from old friends and family. The result is a sort of chemistry where you're free and hanging out with a lot of cool people doing stuff together. It probably helped that I lived on an honors dorm, so they people were kind of like me (aspergers central probably, but as I said it was awesome).

In contrast my wife got an apartment alone and didn't hang out nearly so much as I did with all the guys on my floor, the girls floor above us, and other friends I'd made.

Also community colleges may not position you as strongly as a university. I guess how big a deal that is to you is what the current status of proffessional gaming is like. That's in terms of what you can earn vs what is required, but also how feasable it is to have a long career due to some sort of loss of reflexes, not being as good at the next thing (football players don't have to switch to playing baseball the next year because of a new edition, whereas pro gaming is going to be whatever is hot), or the possibility of injury (which I think would be mostly related to carpal tunnel like things, but I guess you could get in some kind of hand mangling accident).
    I do think I will go to a University, just due to the fact its more accredited than a community college. Living on campus and hanging out with people or meeting people with similar interest sounds fun.

Well, Call of Duty has Activations support this year and next for the competitive scene of CoD Ghost. They are offering another million dollar tournament next year, as BlackOps2 did this year. So we have at least another year of competitive Call of Duty ahead.. With a possibility of making more then 250k + that year with 1st and 2nd places finishes. Some Halo Pro won 400k in a free for all tournament at PAX. Crazy...

Speaking of hand injuries, one pro just got carpal tunnel in his left hand, which has severely damaged the outcome of his team.

Senior Member AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2016 10:21 PM
    Threads

I did the community college thing out of high school, and sort of had the stereotypical experiences despite not being away from home. After goofing around for 4 years I finished my associate and transferred to a university. While I was there I was close with my roommate and one of my suite mates. (Wet dorm, great for being a 21+ student) I transferred back home after just one semester because I got engaged. I attended the local university but never took it quite as serious as I should have and wound up back at CC. Now I'm almost done with my second associate degree.

I definitely think the "college experience" is worth it, but don't let it go to your head. If you're pretty level headed as it is, go for it and enjoy the hell out of it.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Youths indeed. @ International.

As for me, college is different in England than it is the US and it's been about eight years since I 'properly' attended. I enjoyed it back then, though I don't remember most of it due to being drunk most weeknights with friends. Yay alcohol!

I recently resumed college though, but on a lesser scale. I'm doing an eight-hours-a-week course on IT support and computer maintenance. Needless to say I was baselessly called the W-bomb, the F-bomb and the 'fat ginger c-bomb' on my first walk to the coffee machine so I must be doing something right if 17-year-old tweens are feeling it necessary to try to insult someone a foot taller than them. LOL. College.

But in all seriousness, I'm hoping to enjoy the course. First few weeks are gonna be slow and boring health-and-safety stuff though, but it's gotta be done. Best be better-off and know how not to zap myself with 240-volts before fiddling about, eh?
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Junior Member Lollyck is on a distinguished road Lollyck's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 05:39 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Deviate View Post
    Yooooooooooooo! It's been a while since I posted on this here forum. Many of you probably don't know who I am, or care, lol. None the less, I'll update my past couple of months.

Sooooooo.. Let's see here.. I ended up joining a pro team for CoD(Call of Duty). I gained a few sponsors, and I've attended 4 events so far. Winning a fair amount of money, nothing to brag about. Anyways, I'm finishing up my 2nd semester at a community college then plan on transferring to Kennesaw State.

So here is where the topic of this thread comes about. My community college is a 4 year college, but people tell me if I have the chance, I shouldn't miss out on the 'College Experience". So for all who have went, plan too, didn't go, or won't go for own reasons; did you all like it, hate it, regret it, regret not going. etc.?

Also.. Did any of you gorgeous ladies and men attend Dragon Con or AWA? If not do you plan to attend Comic Con New York? Let me know...
    compliment to your awesome sig !!

well college for me is really rough. i got to be studying while working, but m also very happy though since i met my BF on my college days and ive been very active on school activities., Like i got a lot of fun. Next summer i will graduate from college

Closed Thread

Thread Information