AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Novel Ideas

Junior Member sunee is on a distinguished road sunee's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2013 05:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Novel Ideas

Summary of the ideas I have for several novels.

Common themes: Mental illness, suicide, disfunctional families, social acceptance, violence.

Novel 1: Mr Nobody

A first person point-of-view from socially awkward Junior, Thorton. Follows him through his final highschool years as the leader of the "Nobodies" - a small group of outcasted youth. Thorton is an avid researcher, and he documents the lives and function of the social cliques he observes within his highschool.

Novel 2: Pending

Another first person point-of-view through the eyes of a young African American male willing to find acceptance in one of the dangerous ghetto's of American cities. The horrific acts of violence he is forced to inflict on rival gang members in order to join in a gang known as the "Maskerade Eight," haunts the young man as he is sentenced into Juvenile Hall, testing his loyalty and his morality once he comes face to face with a victim of his violence.

Novel 3: Pending

A beautiful love story that has a tragic ending as misunderstood youth Annaly and Paul find solace in their lives within each other. The complex relationships in each teenager's home, school, and friendships are explored as they hatch a sinister suicidal plot to take revenge on the horrors they endured.

Novel 4: Pending

First person point-of-view of a young boy named Jeremy who suffers with the mental illness known as Schizophrenia. Follows him through his school years as his disease plagues his life and those closest to him. This novel has a sad but moving ending that will be sure to jerk tears.

Novel 5: The Journals of Madison Betts

A collection of the journals I have written throughout my highschool years.

Novel 6: Pending

This novel reveals the betrayal of two best friend's who will go to any lengths for the love of a girl.

If you find these ideas worth while, please leave your opinion. Any questions will be answered as well. : )

Junior Member sunee is on a distinguished road sunee's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2013 05:02 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Novel Ideas

New story idea:

Title: Ms Somebody

A somewhat sequel to the novel Mr Nobody. Demonstrates the peer pressure, social cycles, drug use, and sex scandals of the "popular" side of highschool.

Member Knightsong is on a distinguished road Knightsong's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2013 10:29 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Novel Ideas

Sounds like some pretty dark stuff. Are you thinking full fledged novels for each? Might also work as an anthology of shorter stories. I'm a writer too and my stories are more fantasy/adventure based stuff. I have some outside those themes, with some dark tones, but I tip my hat to you in that department. Do you have anywhere you post samples? Personal blog or anything? If not you might want to post some stuff and try and get reactions from people. Can be harder than you think though. I'm trying to get some feedback on my audiobooks, and other than friends and some over zealous spammers, I've not had a single response. My best piece of advice is, and it may sound cheesy, but don't give up. Finish what you write, even if you think it sucks. Push yourself to do it, its a gratifying experience. Once its done you can come through it again and again to work out the rough edges. Every great novel in the world begins and ends with a sentence, so get to writing them. Good luck to you

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information