AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A girl and her fox

Senior Member Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2013 02:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gyzra

Default A girl and her fox

Finished this piece today. I'm posting it here as well as my normal thread to get some more in depth critiques. This is the first full scene image with no other story around it that I have done in a while. I really wanted to capture a 'moment' as if mid-thought the camera had gone off and caught her like this.
    The girl kinda ended up looking like Chii from Chobits but I didn't use any references or plan on her ending up like that.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fox girl small.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	874.3 KB
ID:	73948
    Here's the DA version so you can see it in more detail:
    http://gyzra.deviantart.com/#/d5ty53n

It was just a random image I got in my head of a sweet little city girl discovering nature for the first time.
    Let me know what you think. =]
    "The truth is far darker than you could ever imagine" -The Chronicles of Gyzra
    www.gyzra.com

Please give feedback on my artwork here so I can improve: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...ighlight=gyzra
    Thank you. =]

Senior Member Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Default Re: A girl and her fox

Oh I forgot to say. The stonework on the wall and floor are Copics, the rain is white acrylic paint and the rest is made with ProMarkers.
    www.gyzra.com

Please give feedback on my artwork here so I can improve: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...ighlight=gyzra
    Thank you. =]

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Okay, the positive stuff I will get to immediately. Good coloring, interesting concept, good use of materials. The more you do, the better you get. So keep at it.

I am a very detail oriented person, and I believe that they can really make or break a piece, so a couple little things you might want to approach in future works are the following:
    -Good proportions. The head is massive in comparison to the body, and the legs are longer than it as well. One of her knees is higher than the other one. I would suggest using stock images of models to get a character just right in terms of proportions, gesture, etc, and go about stylizing them as cartoons, anime, etc later. Its very difficult to draw something from your head and find it perfectly executed.
    -Add a level of cohesion and space to the overall piece. If the wind blowing the leaf, why is the rain following down straight?
    -Last thing is just a general use of color. The two things I see immediately are the fox and the umbrella, the girl is very muted in terms of tone. Try emphasizing important things you want us to see with higher value ranges and more saturated color.

Just little things like that can change your pieces. I look forward to more stuff from you, and dont stop working.

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Thank you so much for this, I'm copying your response onto my desktop so I can see it every day and work on what you've said. =]
    www.gyzra.com

Thank you. =]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information