AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New here

Hybrid View

Junior Member Iseecommunisthorses is on a distinguished road Iseecommunisthorses's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2013 02:18 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default New here

Hello. I'm new to this community. In fact I'm completely new to anime. My friend introduced me to it, and I've really enjoyed it. I've watched the whole soul eater series and Elfen Lied series. Now that they are done, I don't know what to watch! Any recommendations?

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New here

Quote Originally Posted by Iseecommunisthorses View Post
    Hello. I'm new to this community. In fact I'm completely new to anime. My friend introduced me to it, and I've really enjoyed it. I've watched the whole soul eater series and Elfen Lied series. Now that they are done, I don't know what to watch! Any recommendations?
    Hey! Sorry I missed this post. Anyways, welcome to our world! Im glad to hear you're enjoying anime and I hope you continue to post in this community! Even if you choose otherwise, let me help you.

Cowboy Bebop: Man. No brainer. This anime is so well made and it the music is outstanding. People who say only watch the new stuff are very wrong. Try it.

AKB0048: Fantastic music genre anime based off the actual band. If you don't like it, Id be very well shocked. Though, haters for everything right?

Rosario Vampire: If you didn't mind Elfen Lied, you may be fine with this. It has fanservice, but is rather okay.

Fist of the North Star: Fantastic classic fighting anime. Really, set the pace for all future fighting anime. Don't miss out.

Naruto: Well. Im not a fan, but Im going to say try it anyway. Its popular, but has peaked IMO.

Durarara: Damn. Good stuff! Very well paced and it has a good set of characters. Im sure you'd like it.

Dragon Ball: Classic anime. No brainer! It was actually one of my first animes and I still watch it today. Really good.

Enjoy the animes! If you need any more help, Im always here.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2018 07:35 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tOSUguy2002

Default Re: New here

Samurai Champloo- Really cool show and awesome characters! funny with loads of action and the fighting is very well done. I would recommend this show as a must watch for anyone really but most especially fans of Anime.

Neon Genesis Evangelion- Its a crazy show and is super plot heavy (even if the overarching plot is convoluted) Its really a classic though. Mechas used to battle Angels in a fight for the survival of humanity is an extremely brief summation.

Fullmetal Alchemist- (not brotherhood!) A great all round Anime. Character development and an extremely interesting plot. There are a few filler episodes in the beginning but once its rolling its like an avalanche of greatness. So many great characters Its a must watch as well.

Also since youre just getting started I would recommend not watching Anime series that are too long. I would advise staying in the range of episodes of the two series you watched. between 12 and 50ish ONLY because I think in the beginning its wise to dabble in a few different genres and styles and see what suits your tastes. dont try to watch all of One Piece or any of these series that are incredibly long. Unless maybe you prefer to watch a couple different shows at once but of course its all up to you and what you wanna do Im only trying to share my thoughts not change yours

PS
    If you like The Matrix movies I would suggest an Anime movie called Ghost in the Shell. Its a sci fi classic and was an inspiration of the Wachowskis
    Last edited by GuiltySpark; 03-27-2013 at 02:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information