AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Motörcity: The Last Hope Of Western Animation [Dead]

Member Sky Hedgehogian Maestro is on a distinguished road Sky Hedgehogian Maestro's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2014 09:27 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up Motörcity: The Last Hope Of Western Animation [Dead]

Yes, I'm aware that it's spelled "Motorcity", but as an ardent fan of Motörhead, I can argue- with no need to prove facts and thus argue my opinion as fact and say you're just a doodoo brain- that 'ö' is cooler.

Aaaanyway, this is one bardarse show that aired a while ago with a fantastic concept:
    A futuristic Detroit named "Detroit Deluxe" is built over the old is an elevated metropolis built over the old Detroit, labeled 'Motorcity.' Detroit Deluxe is owned by evil billionaire Abraham Kane (who is frickin' voiced by Mark fruggin' Hamill), who's pretty much a fascist megalomaniac.
    Did I mention he's voiced by Mark Hamill?
    Mark Hamill.

A group of hot-rod wielding rebels, the Burners, fight back.
    What caught my eye the most: I'm writing a story with a very similar concept behind this particular character, one character (named Julie) is actually the daughter of the fascist a-hole with Luke Skywalker's voice, and is still a rebel. Like I said, since 2009 I've been working out a trilogy right now with an extremely similar character (though not the same) about none other than a royal who subverts her own/her father's despotic regime in a futuristic society.
    Wait, I did happen to mention the Duke of Motorcity, right?

And did I mention that he is voiced by Dee Snider?
    That Dee Snider?

Best of all: It's Flash Animation.
    "Well how is that good?!"
    Because it doesn't suck. It's the first Flash animated series I'd seen that had such great animation and detail. It proved to me that Flash can, indeed, be used to create a quality show if you put some effort into it.

I mean, how the fudge can you go wrong with such a concept? How do you cancel it? How do you Excutive Meddle it so badly that it fails?
    How.
    Who has such a raped heart- yes, their heart has been raped- that they'd trash this blessing of a modern Western show?

MOTORCITY
    R.I.P.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Re: Motörcity: The Last Hope Of Western Animation [Dead]

Well hopefully you caught this tweet then. https://twitter.com/GeorgeKrstic/sta...62947995013121
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information