AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Twelve Kingdoms

Member redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2013 06:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The Twelve Kingdoms

Title The Twleve Kingdoms (Juuni Kokuki)
    Genres: adventure, drama, fantasy
    Themes: demons, other world, politics

Plot Summary: Yoko Nakajima, an unhappy high school student, is one day suddenly faced with a strange man who swears allegiance to her. After a battle with demon-like beasts, he then takes her to another world along with two of her classmates. There, her appearance has changed and she can understand the language even though her classmates cannot. But their status as "Kaikyaku" (people who come from Earth) makes them hunted fugitives, so they wander the land of the 12 countries, simply trying to survive and to figure out the reason why they were brought to this world.

Has anyone watched this anime. Part of it kind of reminds me of inuyasha, where there is a girl that goes to another world which is kind of like the Feudal Era in japan with demons. Of course outside of that it's completely different. I thought it was really good though. The first few episodes were a bit annoying to get through but it quickly got really good. What do u guys think about it? Also do u think there should be a sequal. I thought it was left a little incomplete since there were issues from other kingdoms they introduced but never addressed like the Taiki stuff.

Mayushii The Gullible IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads

Default Re: The Twelve Kingdoms

I watched perhaps 5 or so episodes, I liked it at first but I didnt really connect to the characters. The pouty girl was annoying and simply too pouty lol. I liked the idea that she hated the real world and wanted to come to a new world adventure, but she was just as much of a B word as she was in reality. The main character girl I tried to relate to her, but her stupid reminiscing of something trivial i cannot bring myself to remember made me give up. I simply could not relate to the characters nor find them enjoyable.

You're saying that the first few episodes are bad though so maybe it gets better?

Member redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear has a reputation beyond repute redtear's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2013 06:09 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by IluvAllison View Post
    I watched perhaps 5 or so episodes, I liked it at first but I didnt really connect to the characters. The pouty girl was annoying and simply too pouty lol. I liked the idea that she hated the real world and wanted to come to a new world adventure, but she was just as much of a B word as she was in reality. The main character girl I tried to relate to her, but her stupid reminiscing of something trivial i cannot bring myself to remember made me give up. I simply could not relate to the characters nor find them enjoyable.

You're saying that the first few episodes are bad though so maybe it gets better?
    Haha I know what u mean. I absoutely hated that girl and that guy that was with her. I couldnt bare to watch those first few episodes because of them. It was just annoying thing after another. I kept saying all kind of colorful things while watching actually lol. But I didnt want to drop so i forced myself to watch past it and well im glad i did. It got much MUCH better. It's a really great anime after that. That girl and that guy will only really be around until about first 10 episodes, so good news there lol. Also the main character gets much better and pretty cool after. If u have time and want to give it another shot, id recommend it.
    Last edited by redtear; 03-15-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Mayushii The Gullible IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by redtear View Post
    Haha I know what u mean. I absoutely hated that girl and that guy that was with her. I couldnt bare to watch those first few episodes because of them. It was just annoying thing after another. I kept saying all kind of colorful things while watching actually lol. But I didnt want to drop so i forced myself to watch past it and well im glad i did. It got much MUCH better. It's a really great anime after that. That girl and that guy will only really be around until about first 10 episodes, so good news there lol. Also the main character gets much better and pretty cool after. If u have time and want to give it another shot, id recommend it.
    Maybe I will, i'll keep it in mind. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information